Siege of Orgrimmar: Paragons bug

One of the paragons, Hisek, was unattackable either on the platform, or on the floor. There was no way to escape via teleport, and no way to reset the fight. Details below.

As shown in these two threads, the bug is still a problem.

I tried resetting, couldn’t leave. I relogged as another toon by closing the window, but when I logged in, I was still in the same frozen circumstance.

I then left it overnight, and when I logged in, I was at the entrance to the underhold nexus. I restarted the fight, and it bugged again, and I let it run until berserk. Nothing happened. Hisek the swarmkeeper had landed but was unattackable.

I do not know how long I have to be disconnected to reset the fight, but I’m giving up for now.

I escaped by using hearthstone. Teleports wouldn’t work either.

I then came back, and the encounter went fine.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but doesn’t this bug out because you are killing the first active bugs too quickly?

1 Like

Yes. Don’t start the encounter until they have finished their RP, and once started, don’t attack until the first 3 are all on the floor and active.

If you do both of these things you will have no problem.

7 Likes

Still a bug and needs to be fixed.

Solution is above your post, and quoted below.

They’re all bugs… get it… cause… Klaxxi…

4 Likes

TBH these are still bugs, and players shouldnt have to figure out what hoops to jump through to make it not bug.

If they want you to wait until all three are on the ground and the RP is done, then make the encounter not start until those things happen. SoO is long enough without this nonsense.

17 Likes

This is old content. You’re more than welcome to complain about it and demand a bug fix that likely won’t be forthcoming, but I’m not sure why that seems easier than just waiting for the RP to stop before smashing buttons.

1 Like

See the thing is that PEOPLE DON’T KNOW THEY’RE BUGS when they go in there.

It wastes people’s time in a raid that’s years old and still takes forever to run through. Why people like you side with Blizzard on this stuff is beyond me.

10 Likes

I’ve posted 3 times in this thread prior to this, and not one of them was a support for Blizzard. The first two posts were explanations of how to avoid the problem, and my third post was to you explaining that you are free to crusade for a fix that probably won’t be coming or to simply wait a few extra seconds and have no problems. I never said that it’s right that it’s broken or that Blizzard is right not to fix it. Simply being pragmatic about the chances of them making a fix and pointing out how easy it is to solve the problem is not the same as “siding with Blizzard”.

Here is a helpful hint for all of your future running of old raids: The scripts for bosses, especially ones involving any kind of RP or phase changing don’t always work well when large amounts of damage are applied too quickly or too early. Do yourself a favor and avoid rushing into encounters before they are set and avoid pushing through phases too quickly or you will find a large number of these bugs. This isn’t new to Siege of Orgrimmar and it won’t be new when people start crushing Legion raid bosses in a handful of seconds.

Worst case scenario, you screw it up once, hearth out and reset, and try it again slower. If you repeat the mistake, that’s on you, not the bug.

I get that it’s frustrating. I have been frustrated by glitches like this in many different raids from every expansion. Then I either find the fix or read about it and carry on with my mog/mount farming.

This isn’t about Blizzard support; it’s about the path of least resistance. Maybe you care enough about something like this to fight the fight and expend lots of energy on tickets and bug reports, and if so, go for it. I simply prefer to execute the fix and go on with whatever I was doing.

3 Likes

Another example is killing Socethar too fast in HFC. The doors to his encounter room take forever to close, and if you kill him before they do close, they remain locked. So you either have to hearth out or kill Velhari to get back to Khadgar.

That’s not really a solution. Rather than having to treat the fight with kit gloves to avoid it breaking blizzard should improve the integrity of their product and make this encounter more robust. It’s really annoying, especially if you’re in a hurry.

3 Likes

If you’re in such a hurry that you can’t wait 10 seconds to start attacking… idk what to tell you.

Though it’s bug in it’s current state… it’s clearly happening because the player level and damage is enough to one shot the mobs.

Why is it so hard for you to wait a few seconds to start the encounter? If you really think that a player-caused bug hurts the integrity of their product… I think you have more issues to work out on your own. Stop being entitled…

It solves the problem 100% of the time. How is that not, by definition, a solution?

Yeah, when they design multi phase raid encounters, they should devote much more time to testing what happens when the boss is effectively globaled through each phase, despite that being completely impossible while these encounters are current. Alternatively, they could make sure raid encounters work for the raid groups they’re designed for, and players can make sure they are careful about phases when soloing old content.

Which is more time consuming, spending 10 seconds letting the RP finish and for all 3 to land, or glitching the encounter, hearthing out, and waiting on a soft reset?

1 Like

Says the one wanting to save a microscopic amount of time on a raid from 2012 while posting on a level 12. So I guess I agree?

2 Likes

There really isn’t much point repeatedly complaining about an issue that is easily fixed by the player, but here we are…

1 Like

Its absolutely unacceptable that the Paragons of the Klaxxi in Siege of Orgrimmar is still bugged after 7 years. Just proves that blizzard is super disconnected from their community and doesn’t listen to us

1 Like

Alternatively, it’s completely acceptable that boss fights that were designed around a full raid while the tier was current to have problems with RP and phase shifts when a solo player globals through things years later.

There are more important things to fix than years old RP bugs that can be avoided by taking your hand off the keyboard for 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Nah, they just don’t listen to you. It makes sense given the level of stupidity you’ve demonstrated crying about something that could be circumvented by not going full-potato on a boss for a mere few seconds. Please stop.

1 Like

They fixed the boss by making them go immune until the next one is ready to be killed. But you still have to wait for them to finish talking before you click the shell to start the fight, or you’ll only get one paragon and softlock there.