Sidereal currency

The way it was worded it seemed at first introduction you could trade in existing hard mode gear for Sidereal currency, was that never a thing or did it get changed?

I don’t think that was ever a thing. Can you link where you read that?

was never a thing

The way this was worded could almost mean that you can exchange rewards from 10 player hard mode loot for sidereal essence (it takes some twisting, but its not farfetched). It is clear that you can’t swap gear for currency, but it was just vague enough they later clarified that it means you only get sidereal from H++ end bosses, and its not an exchange.

Something like Rewards from 10-player Hard mode Ulduar gear may be purchased with Sidereal Essences would have been more clear from the start.

A new vendor has been added to Dalaran; the Animated Constellation. This vendor will exchange items from Ulduar 10-player Hard Mode for a new Sidereal Essence currency.

2 Likes

The vendor will exchange items from 10m hardmode for a new currency.

Get currency, trade currency for 10m hard mode items.

Yeah, this is exactly the ambiguous statement I was looking for and couldn’t find so i picked the one i thought was worded weird. This one could be interpreted that the items could be sold for the new currency.

People would be rolling need on every drop.

It is perfectly clear to me that there is no confusion that you can trade sidreal essence to the dal vendor for ulduar 10man hardmode gear. I’m not really sure where the confusion is? Other than going into a grammar lesson its pretty clear the subject is only about sidereal essence being exchanged and no wording about current gear trade ins.

1 Like

I have a very bad feeling about it…

Here is why. (yes I know this is retail, but there is not much separation now with WoW token)

hi i’m just here to remind everyone that it’s pronounced sid-ear-ee-al NOT side-real

[This vendor] will exchange [items from Ulduar 10-player Hard Mode] for [a new Sidereal Essence currency].

[Gamestop] will exchange [video games] for [in-store credit].

It isn’t a stretch to see how the sentence can be interpreted to allow a player to trade in hard mode gear for currency.

1 Like

Ok, but that obviously isn’t happening if you think about it for two seconds.

If it’s supposed to be a catch up mechanics, then this could be a currency to allow you to use unwanted drops to target specific drops. This is the first tier with hard mode loot that has catch up mechanics enabled. It’s all new territory and a new currency.

Then anyone who needs any HM piece would want every HM piece. There’s literally zero chance of something like that being put in the game.

I thought the same thing, and then they put raid loot in heroics and 25 man loot into 10 mans. They are trying stuff out. Other MMOs have mechanics to make gear progression less RNG. I’m not surprised this is NOT how it works. I’m just saying how someone might read that sentence and think that might be happening.

I’m not even saying it SHOULD be that way. I’m just saying how one could interpret the sentence.

You could interpret it that way, if it doesn’t occur to you that heavily incentivizing people to take items they can’t equip would be a bizarre change and it’s far more likely that the wording is just weird.

Well I run with a guild, I don’t pug. From my point of view, a system like that would incentivize us to run Uld10 to help someone get a missing piece. It’s a pain to get 10 people to run and kill up to yogg or something for one piece of loot that might not drop, but easy to just kill the first two or three hard mode bosses and funnel the hard mode loot to them.

Yeah, seems like it would put a strain on SR pugs, and make pots bigger on GDKP.

I’d say it be a bigger help for static groups than the offset harm of pug groups.

Anyways, the point of the explanation is how could anyone possibly think this was ever a thing, and all i did was point out the ambiguity of their sentence. I’m not really interested in the what if scenarios if this was included.

Sorry but not ambiguous at all, pretty straightforwad english, you exchange essence for gear, not gear for essence. See how the order makes a difference? Your most likely either mildly dyslexic or unconsciously transposing words.

1 Like

funny wrong