Sick of the Layering posts, Actiblizz? Get rid of it

That’s why I’m careful not to confuse the issue. I demand the game, not the experience.

The experience is subjective, and it varied with each person. The “experience” is literally impossible to recreate, but the game that produced those experiences isn’t.

Give us vanilla with no changes, and the experiences will be made anew.

5 Likes

Ha. HaHA! Blizz doesn’t read the forum posts, silly. They will never get sick of them. :rainbow::star:

You got it backwards. Addicts and idiots want layering removed because they can wait for few hours in queue as they have nothing better to do. They also take time off work to play video game.

But normal people don’t have hours to wait in queue. That’s vast majority of players. Queue means many players will just unsubscribe, uninstall and never come back to Classic.

3 Likes

When’s the last time you heard an addict say “I can wait for my next hit”?

Lots of people do that. That doesn’t make them addicted.

If anything, the people who take time off work are the ones who don’t want to wait in a queue, because they don’t have a lot of time off. They don’t want to waste their time off sitting in a queue.

Anyone who would unsubscribe over queues on launch day was never interested in the game in the first place.

4 Likes

The servers were “fine” but there was a graveyard of dead ones. Blizzard had to CRZ the hell out of everything in order to give players the illusion that there were actually other people out there. That’s what they’re trying to avoid with layering once the “tourists” leave.

1 Like

Technically dead realms happened in vanilla. Relatively soon after launch too. So it’s not really inauthentic to have them.

The devs have specifically stated that they want to avoid the launch experience, which I assume also includes having dead realms due to populations not being managed.

Very aware just pointing out they are authentic to vanilla.

I would rather have layering than end up on a dead realm in classic. It’s one of my vanilla experiences I am ok not reliving.

1 Like

Much like layering then. Also something we’re going to get regardless, just like layering.

Funny you use that as an example. Did you play WoD at launch? Remember the bottleneck that happened as literally everyone zoned into the same exact spot outside the garrison?

The servers were not fine, lol.

4 Likes

Wasn’t a necessary evil before it was announced.

:cactus:

2 Likes

Are you just making multiple threads on different toons complaining about Layering? I see that you can make multiple threads on the same toon complaining about it, but now I have a fairly good feeling your posting on other characters about the same thing.

Did you ever think Blizz could tell that the no layering crowd is just a really really loud minority?

1 Like

Sharding was before layering was announced.

2 Likes

If normal people don’t have hours to play then why the hell is launch day so damn important to them?

This is quite the conundrum, on one hand, these players don’t have enough time to log on, in other words, how fast they level or how much traffic is present on launch should be irrelevant to them, they can wait 3 friggin days and log on when the calm has subsided, it they’re so “normal” why are these people demanding layering the loudest.

If you truly consider yourself a normal person with commitments and time constraints then having the damn patience to give it a few days to settle is not unreasonable.

If your only playing for 2 hours, how far do you really think your going to get…, are those few days really so important?
Just wait dammit, instead of being so entitled that you want to break the game (literally) for 4 months, rather than just be patient for 3 damn days.

1 Like

Exactly. The pro-change crowd eagerly accept/support whatever non-vanilla change is the topic of discussion.

“Sharding is a necessary evil”
Blizz announces layering
“Layering is a necessary evil”

:cactus:

3 Likes

Eh. Not really pro changes but I understand that dead realms are a very real possibility and am willing to accept the alternatives to mitigate that.

Ideally nothing is preferred but nothing guarantees dead realms which I’d rather not happen.

1 Like

You can really tell a lot of the people putting tons of effort into fighting against layering weren’t around for expansion launches, and only have private server launches as experience.

4 Likes

“You think you do, but you don’t…”

This is why companies don’t hold polls to determine direction.

1 Like

People take time off to go to the beach, camping, sporting events, video games etc. Who are you to judge what is appropriate for taking time off for? You aren’t. Get off the high horse.

I can go either way with layering. I am not so narrow minded as to not see the good layering provides and reasons it’s needed. I can see the bad as well. Everything has a give and take or trade off.

2 Likes

Nonsense, surely everything is black or white. Bad or good, no in-between.

3 Likes