Sick and tired of Premades in Epic BGs

The last couple weeks I have lost repeatedly to Horde premades in Epic BGs. I don’t even know why I bother to queue anymore. It has gotten so bad that I cross my fingers before queueing up for one, and even then, it’s only if I’m desperate for honor gear since Epic BGs reward the most honor. I don’t understand the logic in Blizzard allowing premades in random BGs period. I thought that’s what rated matches were for? Obviously a group of 40 or almost 40 people against a completely random group of 40 people is a huge and unfair disadvantage, especially when it is happening nearly consistently. It is honestly ruining the game for me as I’ve always enjoyed doing BGs. Clearly, a ton of other players are frustrated as well based on how many people also complain.

In case anyone is wondering how I know we’re facing premades vs just losing against a better team, it usually begins with someone recognizing a Horde player as being infamous for leading premades and others typically confirm it as well. Then when the match starts, you can clearly tell they are a premade seeing how well coordinated and dominant they are. Plus a lot of these players have insane PVP levels and are very well geared. This typically results in extremely long, drawn out battles where we’re just farmed until we’re nearly out of resources.

Some might say to do the same back, but that takes the fun out of random BGs. The entire point in randoms is to not have to worry about grouping up with people and just hitting that queue icon for some quick honor. For anyone that might say “git gud” or along those lines, it’s a team game. I’m sure I haven’t covered all my bases with the incoming trolls, but this is definitely an issue that Blizz should take seriously to try to put an end to.

*Edit - I understand there are Alliance premades happening in 40-man BGs as well seeing the posts here. Since I’m mostly Alliance, I don’t see it from the Alliance side since clearly I’m not a part of that. Regardless of faction, it’s a horrible experience for the pug team.

22 Likes

sorry about that, but horde premades are usually beat down by pugs.

1 Like

There are plenty of communities over on alliance side: BF, RR, BSG.

BF + RR have multiple leader’s that q at all hours out of the day/night.

Tired of losing? join one of these communities

5 Likes

This is a sorry attempt at a rebuttal, and it’s a horrible excuse. Just admit it…Horde have resorted to petty griefing in the form of taking over random Epic BGs. This isn’t what the random BG finder is supposed to be about, so quit pretending the solution is to do the same thing back. That’s akin to joining RBGs which not everyone wants to do.

4 Likes

Lets face it, join a community with like-minded individuals or be at the mercy of pug groups who 9/10 times give up right after the first fight or when the goin gets tough.

4 Likes

Or just stop queuing for epics like a lot of people have. They rely on the pugs, not the other way around.

3 Likes

The core solution to this problem lays with Blizzard. If players have the ability to do something, they’ll do it. I would argue the design philosophy behind the random BG finder is for the ease in joining a group in a less competitive environment compared to rated PVP.

Now, in the meantime, for the players who are dealing with this issue like myself and so many others, most of us are just not queuing for random epic BGs. Either way, I’m fairly sure this isn’t what Blizzard had intended to happen.

5 Likes

We run 3 hours a night compared to ally 24/7…

3 Likes

How does vetting work? I tried applying to the communities I found on my hunter alt and got declined both times without explanation, even though I put necessary notes. I don’t play often, but wouldn’t mind queuing now and then to get that organised epic experience. I played in a few groups over the years, but lost my slots every time due to inactivity.

im of the opinion its a symbiotic relationship one can’t exist without the other. leveling battleground participation has been declining since twinks were removed from the general population. its a similar situation at max level.

Yeah premades are kind of a plague on the game mode.

Sometimes I still manage to beat them though lul.

I’d say twinks being removed is a pretty good thing overall.

Low level PvP is still so bad it’s not even funny a non twink mm hunter can still 1 or 2 shot any player including tanks with instant casts.

They leave when they realize they are in a rigged match as any person with self respect would.

Not only are the bgs heavily tilted for who ever wins the team fight but also your against a full premade with 10 healers who have done everything pheasible to make sure they never lose that team fight.

And also they are ready to counter anything you could ever try to do to turn the bg around.

1 Like

so can resto shams

3 hours every single night? and that’s just your group? that’s utter insanity. I hope you all get perma-banned.

10 Likes

Every single night, without fail. Even when I can’t see :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What a nice existence that must be.

2 Likes

You too could have friends if you changed your ways and worked with the teams instead of being a carry.

1 Like

If by carry you mean carrying my team.

You wouldn’t know what thats like i know usually you are not even in the teamfight sitting in the back doing

“management” lmfao letting your 8 healer stacked raid do everything for you.

2 Likes

My ten yr old just called you a noob. I am laughing.

1 Like

Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree it sounds like.

Its a pretty bad thing actually.

If only he knew what your gameplay looked like he would probably have a whole new perspective on what that term means.

Could be scarring potentially with how horrific that gameplay is actually may be for the best that he doesn’t see it.

3 Likes

It is weird to see people specifically complaining about “horde premades” since they run less than alliance premades. I bet more than half the time someone thinks they’re playing a “horde premade” they’re not. Quite a few horde players who enjoy epic BGs are just good epic BG players and can help direct pugs even when solo or in small groups.

3 Likes