Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community

Chiming in here as well, coming back after a 10 month hiatus, I see I'm quite far behind and really having no idea what to do, would love to find a few friends to quest/dungeon/raid with. Am part of a guild currently, but no real idea who anyone is and it doesn't seem too active.

Btw, I play on madoran server, and am mostly interested in PvE content. I have no idea what my priorities should be heading into the next xpac, so having some friends to stumble with would help!

I am married with kids and a few pets, so my play time is limited to a few hours a night, and I am in the US EST.

Hoping to find a few friends!

Btag: RockyProndoa#1644
Discord: Carbug#7111
Returning player. BT: Krufal#1560 looking for people to play with and help me learn the ropes from what I have missed.
Returning player. Would be nice to join a community of genuinely good people.

BT: Plagosus#1761
Discord: Plagosus#9351
It's good to see everyone genuinely interested in having fun and getting to know one another, and a community that wants to help. Stay strong, everyone!
Hey all, I've recently returned to WoW. I last played MoP and looks like a lot has changed. Unfortunately, everyone in my last guild left and I'm experiencing crushing loneliness. I'm a casual player looking for a home or at least a little chit chat.

Right now, I am on Lighting's Blade but I'd be happy to move anywhere.

BT: BigDaddy#1250
Discord: BigDaddy#6676
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that we are still looking for like-minded people to join our growing Discord community.
With a new patch out, it is a nice place to talk about the changes, or to find people to level and do group content with.

Please leave your info in this thread as I do check the threads regularly. If you prefer, you can contact me directly. It is easier to contact me in Discord, as my btag list is almost always full.

Hope to see you soon,

Worg
btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
Hey Worgbane, very good thread you started. Like many others, I got severely worn out on all the childish behavior and negativity and quit playing like 6.5 years ago. I think you are right though --- the negative and immature players are by far the MINORITY, and too many of the adults have either let them bully us into silence or left the game, and in some cases maybe we have also adopted a negative attitude towards other people. It's really sad. I am a casual player as I don't have 12 hours a day to grind, and never will. But it sucked that I was locked out from that content that I paid for. I was locked out of endgame content because I didn't have time to join a guild and be on a trial basis for 2 months while I grinded 8 hours a day for minimum ilevel to even be considered to be let into a raid group, and then if you made one mistake, you were out for good. I hated grinding random heroics back in Cata...so frustrating. But if people would have just been polite, I could have still enjoyed the game. For me playing games is just about fun and relaxing. I could care less about my or your ilevel etc...as long as you are enjoyable to group with!

Anyways, if you want to add me:

Jazzadellic#1864

I'll see if I can figure out how to join the discord channel, haha. Anyone else looking to complete quests or group or whatever and just have fun, is free to message me as well. I don't know exactly how cross realms stuff works, but I'm on the Arthas server on the NA / Oceanic servers (not sure why I'm not on the NA servers as I live in Cali, it probably auto-selected the server for me way back). I'd be willing to try to get a cross realm group going if anyone wants to try that. I'm a returning player so I'm focused right now on doing 85-100 content, I also don't own Legion yet.
Hi Jazz,

I just sent you a btag request... I managed to free up 4 spot on my btag list but that will fill up in no time...
As for Discord, it is pretty easy... Once you download it, send me a friend request on Discord, using my Discord tag.
When I see it, I accept and send you the link to our server. Easy peasy !

As for everyone else, we are still looking to grow our community, so don't hesitate to come and visit !

Cheers,

Worg
btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655

P.S. If I have missed anyone, feel free to leave your info again in this thread, or to contact me directly.
01/18/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Worgbane
Hi Jazz,
I just sent you a btag request... I managed to free up 4 spot on my btag list but that will fill up in no time...

Thanks man, got it and accepted! I'll try to set up Discord later.
Shot you a FR through btag, Worgbane! (Deirdre) Soon on Discord! (awsd)
Hey all just saw this. I am also coming back. The new leveling revamp has me excited.

My btag is CrankyPants #110358 and my discord is Cranky Pants#4003.

Just looking for new friends to play the game with. Looking to start some new characters too! Probably going horde.
Been off and on as for a lot going on but trying to get back into it as I want to have a solid character for when I start college. Down for literally any build just want some chill people to play with and enjoy this super addicting game. btag: WhiteThunder#1387 and discord: WhiteThunderG24#5997
I've been meaning to get around to leveling alts in preparation for BFA. Having a buddy or two to quest with would be great! I've sent a friend request over btag, since I'm one of those paranoid people who doesn't like posting info for everyone to see. :P
I wonder if i started a guild called " we aren't dicks"
how long we could keep it before it was flagged.

I miss the social environment.. I miss talking in dungeons.
I miss Gchat being active.
I miss trade chat having people talk instead of being ridiculed and smartbut remarks being made constantly.
I remember when even local chat would be active.. people asking questions . or for help on group quests.
Hello, Looking to get back into the game and actually try to stick to it. :)
Hoping that meeting some people that also play will help.

My discord is JediMasterDeadpool#5865

Thank you for creating this BTW. It is a great idea!
i played at release for 6-8 months then quit, came back for Cata for 4 months. just re-subbed 2 weeks ago. leveling up new character on a new server. if anyone wants to quest or run dungeons hit me up. i am still learning too.

i hate the super rush of the LFD. most of the 60+ content is new to me. i like to enjoy it.

bnet Jaydub#1533
Coleslaw#8376 on discord.

I only play Alliance, but I love helping out everyone as much as I can. I like running people through dungeons, tanking heroics, tanking mythics, its great!

Having anxiety myself, I never pressure anyone in my groups. Very patient with them, and I also believe in positive reinforcement. Even for the smallest thing, I'll throw out compliments left and right.
Just coming back to the game after about 4 years.

BT is: Nepharid#1152
01/22/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Holehwae
i played at release for 6-8 months then quit, came back for Cata for 4 months. just re-subbed 2 weeks ago. leveling up new character on a new server. if anyone wants to quest or run dungeons hit me up. i am still learning too.

i hate the super rush of the LFD. most of the 60+ content is new to me. i like to enjoy it.

bnet Jaydub#1533

Right there with ya. Even in Vanilla, I only got to level 40. I played in Lich King and maxed my main (only because she's a Death Knight). Then played a little Cata and Pandaria, but I haven't been on since shortly after the release of Warlords.
Thanks to the OP for creating this thread. Awesome way to meet people!

I've been playing off and on since 2007. Although my most recent break isn't as long as some (I stopped playing for 2 months or so), I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I've created a new character so I can see all the most recent changes (ie: level/zone scaling) and it has been a lot of fun, but it would be more fun to have others to enjoy it with!

Feel free to add me!
Bnet: Caz#11938
Discord: Caz#3629