Shrine Of the Storm

Im in Shrine of the Storm Solo on Normal I am at Lord Stormsong and every time during the fight he resets i need this for my quest line please help

If you are trying to solo it is likely because when he mind controls you, there is no longer an opponent so he resets. Try bringing a friend.

3 Likes

I don’t believe he’s meant to be solo’d. I believe there’s a mechanic where if you get mind controlled and there’s nobody else for him to go after, he resets.

Maybe try putting together a group for him or use the dungeon finder as an option.

It’s not fair, centaurs have 4 feet and post faster :wink:

8 Likes

tyvm for the ifno

1 Like

There’s no dungeon that can’t be soloed and should not be (obviously except depending on gear)
This is clearly a bug. Where do we report that efficiently?

It was already explained that this is a mechanic of the fight, not a bug.

5 Likes

Many of the older dungeons have been made solo friendly over the years, but there may be limitations for some encounters. It isn’t necessarily considered a bug.

If you believe the current functionality is considered a bug you’ll want to post in the Bug Report forum or submit a bug report through the in-game support menu option.

If it’s something you feel should be changed, posting in the Dungeons, Raids and Scenario forum would be best so our Game Developers can check out your feedback and related discussions.

9 Likes

Okay but what if you received the quest after you’ve reached level 61 and now the dungeon is too low for you to select in dungeon finder and you don’t want to level another character to the point you can do the dungeon as you’d like to continue the quest line to begin tides of vengence on the Alliance side?

Holy double necro post.

Go to the dungeon entrance and enter directly. If it’s low enough you should be able to complete it on your own. If not, use the premade group finder, see if there are some other players there. Unfortunately the dungeon probably won’t be in the random finder as you noted.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s the crux of this thread. The dungeon cannot be completed alone due to a mind-control mechanic on a boss.

It’s been necroed twice; not your fault LOL. We’re now two years and ten months past the OP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevertheless, for the benefit of the most recent inquiry…

Then you either:

• Ask a friend to accompany you. That’ll make the mind-control mechanic moot; or
  • Create a group and look for other people that might need the same thing as you. If the dungeon literally cannot be soloed due to a mechanic, then there will be others looking to complete it as well, as they are leveling up.

Either is a viable option. Good luck!

4 Likes

Can’t Lord Stormsong simply be bypassed? You don’t have to kill him to get to the final boss.

You can kill him at 60+, you really have to put out a ton of DPS before he does his mind control

1 Like

Classes with an immunity can do Stormsong if their DPS is enough to avoid the second cast of the MC.

I just did this on my hunter. Aspect of the Turtle, cast just before the MC hit, absorbed the MC and prevented the reset, allowing me to burn the boss’ remaining 30% health.

4 Likes

Quick follow-up, if the quest people are referencing for this dungeon has to do with unlocking an Allied Race, the questgivers now have a “skip this dungeon” option.

5 Likes