Show, don't tell

Yep in both 1 and 2.

I’m not sure he ever played any of the games lol.

1 Like

Nah he probably just played Witcher 3 like most people because that’s what made the franchise famous. He does sound like it, too.

Defeating the gods themselves is a common trope in RPG’s

Semantics, and no they didn’t. You are reaching and trolling or intentionally ignorant. ‘‘Shadowlands’’ is mentioned here and there in some text but that is it. They did a horrible job writing the Jailer and showing it in-game.

No.

If you can’t tell a complete and coherent story with the format we have in game then the lore/story devs need to be fired. You can have all the books and other stupid crap you want, use one of the hundreds of thousands side NPCs we have to tell a unique story idgaf, but you shouldn’t have to buy outside media to under stand the main story of WoW.

That’s like going to see a movie and then being told “Well yeah you have to buy the 8 season box set with exclusive directors comments to FULLY understand the movie! but you wouldn’t know that because you refuse to do it.”.

6 Likes

How is possible that Blizzard created those really good cinematics around Talanji, Rastakhan and Bwonsamdi during BFA but decided to bring the conclusion in shadows rising book…instead of some scenarios in game with a new cinematic…i really hate transmedia, keep doing the books with more minor details but give me more questlines, scenarios, boss fights and cinematics.

1 Like

That or let us buy a visual audiobook with bnet currency

They’re not even worth investing into. Like “Med’an” story which in the end got fully scrapped. And I’m glad nobody had to witness that in the game. It was a stupid concept of a character.

They’re either more interested in keeping us guessing now or they haven’t figured out the later bosses.

:dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon:

is that the full on mary sue self insert guy people talked about on the forums for a long time?

for the other witchers not himself

his trials was showned in the comics, he was introduced in #27

can’t learn everything from the game itself which you just proved to me people don’t want to read lore outside of the game

That was stupid, but Talanji is different, she was a big hit a new female character and they keep her down by doing development outside of the game, same for Sylvanas and other characters, then players don’t get female characters at all…

Wut? The games most certainly do lol.

The trial of grasses is the same for all Witchers.

Yeah there was a phase with WoW comic that brought really bad stories. That character was supposed to be the next Guardian, due to being Garona / Medhiv son. Which was during the Movie era. And it made zero sense.

but they don’t show his own trials either, which proves that literally every single RPG game have lore outside of the game

which goes back to Jainas point:

Why would they need to show his own trials when it’s the same as everyone else’s? That doesn’t add anything to the story, it’s the same thing lol.

cause not every witcher trial is the same, in geralt’s trials, out of the 10 boys that were trained as kids, 3 of them including himself survived the trials of grass, the rest died in agony

that was never explained in game

geralt’s childhood life was never explained properly in the game

Uh, no, they are the same. The number is just the number that usually survive the trials, it’s not related to Geralt in any way.

It literally is lol.

ironically they probably wanted to but i don;t think your allowed to show kids being hurt in a game (aka why Skyrim children are gods)