Show, don't tell

all they’d need to do to hype me up, is say ‘we’ve found a new untamed land, and we’ll soon need brave heroes to settle it.’ done. i don’t care about bigger threats, i want my own reason to go somewhere and kill things.

1 Like

I just want a fun game without countless currencies and systems to time-gate us. It feels like I’m always so far behind when the new content releases. So much more to grind, so much more to get through even though I spent countless hours previously playing catchup.

No I don’t want to do a long quest chain.
No I don’t want to farm rep/currency for hours just to do Mythic 0 again.
No I don’t want to burn videos into my brain just to do the content once my ilvl is there.

As much as I prefer WoW over FFXIV, the catchup system there is way better. It’s sad really.

you are but it could hurt ratings. ironically doing this made people be even more violent towards children in the game creating mods just to kill them, the more devs try to steer players away or prevent them from doing something the more they want to do it lol.

Someone should tell the suits at Blizzard that you can’t hype nothing.

2 Likes

I don’t think he gets that there’s lore used to help build a world and vital plot information that shouldn’t be put in another piece of media that most players don’t interact with.

Millions, possibly countless according to the Old god page. As for us being gods for killing them, all 5 something Old gods we faced were in a weakened state except the artifical one called G’huun, the rest we whacked over the head while they were still regenerating or partially imprisoned except N’zoth, and compared to even C’thun he is a baby Old god (also we fired our lazars).

Even Legion gave use some outside help, so killing Xavius or even a Titan/Titan Keeper is a lot less really us and more excalibur than anything. During Legion we were basically Hiro from Soul eater after he picks up the legendary blade, really for most of our fights past Cata we’ve basically been Hiro.

The Dark Tower

The books were a thousand times better.

Cliffhangers can be very powerful in storytelling in the right format, but I don’t feel WoW is good for it. The patches are too spaced out and I hate waiting a year to find out the next bit of story (emphasis on bit). They also do it way too much. In my ideal WoW each patch would be a self contained arc with a conflict, a villain, and a resolution. You can set up the next arc if you want but I hate feeling nothing has been resolved and the next step is left at “you’ll see.”. I think (if I recall correctly) that they mentioned the Sepulchre in the Korthia quest lines and gave some lame excuse like “We don’t discuss that, even with allies.”. The Primus obviously knows a lot about the Jailer, his past, and his plans and no one will say anything about it. Its just been a very unfulfilling experience.

most books will always be better than the movies because a book isn’t being limited by the Hollywood 2 hour limit (yeah yeah a few movies might go over but movie threaters/box office/hollywood hate it when they do because MAH PROFITS PER HOUR) only movies that usually do is because director tries to force the big wigs into it or soemthing etc…

I could totally buy this being the fact. They had a solid plan for years, telling us Sargeras was the end-all villain, then they had us defeat him and are probably going without that longterm vision they once had.

I’m really sick of the villain-behind-the-curtain storline. They’ve got to do better. Other than MoP, it has essentially been the same retold story since BC.

1 Like

Idk. Myself and two friends all thought that ~2.5 hour dune movie was a long thing to sit through. Was good but it’s just too much

its getting old. “i was only a big baddie because of this bigger baddie”. its no longer full of dread and its too reused.

1 Like

I disagree, after ending a story after 20 years they shouldnt make the main ending based on “Something worse is coming”. they needa write a story that actually ties up characters plot lines and then tie up the badie of the story.

You dont end a story by continuing it by saying something as stupid as " But big bad"

1 Like