Should you open a ticket if you are being mass reported?

Had roughly a dozen post mass flagged all at once recently. I don’t know if stalkerish behavior on the forums is handled automatically or if I should submit a ticket to highlight the issue.

Its a little annoying seeing notification after notification of my posts being hidden and rather disruptive.

1 Like

There’s nothing to report unless you are actually actioned on the reports. And if it does turn out the reporting is malicious, there’s a decent chance that the individual(s) doing it will have their own issues with the moderators.

It’s annoying, yes, but just don’t react and let the moderators look into it. They’ll restore the posts if they don’t find anything actionable about them.

6 Likes

GMs don’t deal with forum issues… so a ticket won’t accomplish anything.

if your posts are within the rules, i wouldn’t get too stressed about it

2 Likes

Fair. Its annoying when its a dozen posts at a time. I just didn’t know if they look at individual posts or look at the batch to step in.

No, you should not open a ticket because your forum posts got reported. People can report anything they feel breaks the forum Code of Conduct.

IF a Mod thinks it actually DOES break the rules, they will action the reported posts. If not, they can remove the flags, or just dismiss it.

You have no ability to see who is reporting posts. None. Only Blizzard can see that. If they see someone switching to alts to abuse the flagging and reporting system, they can (and do) penalize them.

This is not something they can help you with via ticket though. They won’t tell you who is flagging you. They won’t set some kind of “immune” flag on your account (there is none). They won’t talk to you about another person’s account.

If YOU see something that violates the rules, report it. If not, there is nothing more to be done. Just follow the rules yourself and let the Mods handle it.

Reminds me of this recent thread on GD which has now spiraled into almost 1000 posts.

Again, other players have the right to flag posts they think break the rules. The system will tell you if enough flag it to cause it to be temp greyed out until a Mod reviews it. Working as intended.

6 Likes

I got ya. Like I said I just wasn’t sure if you should manually report malicious behavior or if it gets caught up in the system by itself.

2 Likes

There is no means to report suspected “malicious” forum reporting behavior of others because you have no way to see who reported you, and no way to know why those people reported you.

The Mods don’t like their time wasted though with false reporting. They catch someone abusing the reporting system and wasting their time, they will deal with it. Keep in mind that “abuse” is not just being wrong about the rules once in a while. It is intentionally using multiple chars/accounts to falsely flag and inflate reports.

We only get 5 flags a day on each forum account (character) so it makes it hard to go too crazy reporting someone unless people start alt hopping.

4 Likes

And that is definitely actionable in the forums, once it’s detected. And the moderators can detect it.

4 Likes

I guess? It seems like mods just removed my posts without action. I suspect the lgbt thread has its own nebulous hidden rules that both circumvent and break the tos. Its a bizzare random thread and I guess I will just stay out of it.

If it was removed without you having any account actions applied, then you was replying to someone with such and would need to remove posts replying to it or quoted it.

There are a few reasons that can happen. All are GOOD for you in that you did not get an account action. Here are a few in no particular order:

• The post was technically a violation of the Code of Conduct or not constructive, but not worthy of an account penalty. Take the removal or edit of those posts as a gentle warning to just not do that again, or avoid that topic.
  • The post was part of a reply chain that was removed. Even if your post is fine, if there is an offending post removed they have the ability to just remove all the replies to it - and it keeps you from looking like you are talking to yourself.
  • The whole thread was nuked.

All those should at least cause you to do some reflection on why, even if you are not at fault. I know why my posts get removed when threads get nuked, or portions get removed. Mine don’t violate the rules, but the people I am replying to often did.

2 Likes

I mean… I included my reflection in my post you almost quoted it. There are different rules for different things even when they are not mentioned.

I think it was Vrakthis or Orylia who mentioned this, but the moderation does keep an eye on any paterns or alts for who is flagging, and if they noticed something that isn’t right, they will take action on it.

Part of the ability to report people is to help with keeping the forums clean. Yes, there would be some who would use it as a downvote, which is why there is a limit on how many a person can report per day. Now, if your post doesn’t violate the Forum Code of Conduct, then you obviously have nothing to worry about. However, if it does, and moderation takes action on it, then that is where you can submit a ticket to appeal the decision.

As for flags themselves, no point with tickets, because submitting a ticket just for being flagged won’t do anything.

See, the thing is, it isn’t the post being flagged that you have to really worry about, as a flagged post is just a flagged post, it is pending for moderation review. It is if moderation does take action on it if it does violate the Forum Code of Conduct that you have to worry about.

EDIT: Oh hey ya Orylia, how are you on this fine Friday early morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to point out, no it has no nebulous hidden rules. If anything, people tend to be a bit more aware of posts that can violate the sexual orientation/gender identity portion of the Code of Conduct.

1 Like

The rules are the same no matter what either u violated the coc or it it mite not but more trouble keeping the post up so they decided its better to remove to avoid further conflict.

I have to disagree. It clearly has an exemption to spam and remaining on topic. Like everything in the code of conduct its up to blizzards discretion there are no hard rules to follow more a suggestion.

I get it though. There are rules and then there are rules.

I think we’re now at a point where you’re choosing to attack the thread, and would politely advise you to stop. CS forums staff do not mess around when it comes to things here.

3 Likes

There isn’t “secret rules” to that thread. It’s more heavily moderated that’s for sure though.

5 Likes

I think if you want to threaten someone just threaten them.

I know you are talking about the LGBQ+ thread - and people have tried to bring that up as an example of others getting away with something when they can’t. Bad idea to do.

That is an off topic thread LOUNGE thread made to contain the discussion in one place. Respectful discussion. There are also a ton of other off topic Lounge threads too, including one here on this forum. That thread is not some exception from rules. Lounge threads are off topic threads often centered around a certain community. The CS Lounge is CS regulars for example although others are welcome. It is all off topic on purpose.

What gets folks in trouble is trying to create other threads to “counter” it, or to spam additional threads on the topic.

I wish people could just let others be happy in their thread without feeling that it somehow takes away from them. It reminds me of kids being mad that others are enjoying a splash park while they are enjoying their skate park - just because they don’t happen to like splash parks so nobody else can have one and be happy about it.

checks calendar

It is still a Thursday morning here. I thought I lost a day!

8 Likes