Should we demand Christ Metzen back?

When he left the story went bad

6 Likes

I don’t know him personally, and the reason he left is none of my business…

but if i was to speculate, i would imagine the company just didn’t feel like home to him anymore…the company has changed so much since back in the days!

his writing was good…but i loved his art style too!

2 Likes

People thought the story was bad when he was there. And don’t give me “yeah but never -this- bad” because you’re just blowing smoke.

11 Likes

No. He left because the job was stressing him out so bad he was having panic attacks. I’m positive he’s happier without it.

20 Likes

lmao you can 'demand" all you want but he left because he wanted to. And hadn’t been in charge of WoW’s story for at least a couple of years before he retired as he was working on OW. So don’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

1 Like

The story has gotten worse the further they’ve deviated from the foundation that Warcraft I, II, and III laid out for them. It’s that simple.

Just like how Game of Thrones got worse the further they deviated from the books.

5 Likes

You don’t own him so no you don’t get to demand anything.

1 Like

Thought it was Samwises art style. I miss WoWs older look but its not too bad going forward.

I pay 15 bucks a month. I am willing to pay more and they can use that money to get him a therapist.
I want good writing… Make him deliver it to me

Ah so this is a troll thread. Got it.

WoW’s story has -always- been legitimately bad. Metzen or not.

you didn’t like the Arthas storyline? it spanned from war3 to wotlk…i thought that was great writing personally…

well…it kinda got wonky in wotlk, but still!

Wasnt that because the author of the books is extremely lazy and the ones making the series ran out of content to adapt so they had to do their own?

1 Like

Arthas becoming the Lich King was… okay.

Everything about the Lich King in actual WoW? Terrible.

1 Like

it did get kinda corny after a while now that i look back at it…lol

but it was cool for a little while!

Why would he want to get back into the slog of retail unless Blizzard gave him a big pile of cash and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse?

Pretty much. There are a few other factors like them rushing through certain storylines to speed the show along to get to some of the climaxes… But the quality of the show and how it ended is still on the people who made it. Just because it wasn’t directly ported from the books doesn’t mean it couldn’t of been good :stuck_out_tongue:

He left because he started to have multiple panic attacks while working there.
There is probably a 0% chance of him returning to Blizzard full time.

The only time he does work for Blizzard is when he wants to do voices for characters such as the legend himself Thrall and Bastion in Overwatch I believe.

In reading his twitter in the last few years, he seems super happy being (mostly) gone.

He gave you his all, let him have a good quiet life with his family.

Chris retired because the stress of work, according to him.

And to be honest, every since the negative reaction to Cataclysm Thrall, the dude always seemed less into it, as he use to be.

Let the guy go.