Should we ask for a buff version of BWL in Phase 3?

If you think overall clear speed is a relevant metric, you’re delusional.

it is a relevant metric

Hardly. Especially in Molten Core where mobs are so brain dead easy that folks can and will hop up to do things while /follow another raider. Nothing is stopping you from dropping Rag in <1:30 while still taking 2 hours to clear the whole place. Hell, my guild was screwing around, A LOT, and we still managed a full clear at an hour and 45 min, especially since we had a staggered start due to Horde camping.

A guild could take its sweet time, even bathroom break after Garr, and still not have issues.

Too many things at play as to why a guild takes its time or steamrolls trash. Naxx trash will definitely take an iota of more thought than MC trash, BUT it is also pretty quick between bosses.

guess we’ll just have to see how long it takes your guild to clear naxx

LOL so that’s the metric of “difficult” now? Not whether we clear it, but how fast?

/giggle

i meant “how many weeks/if you can clear it at all” time will tell, i think you’ll be kicking yourself for fostering a casual mindset

Week 1 isn’t that long of a period…

so you think you’ll clear it week 1 huh?

I mean… unless we don’t raid that week, yes.

like i said before, time will tell

Some people just cant do the heigan dance.

It feels like everything in game needs a buff tbh, like even a small percentage increase of armor, hp, and resistances to every creature in the game would be good. People just do too much damage now and stuff dies too easy, it’s not like the vanilla experience. Wasn’t the original spell miss chance way higher vs bosses too? Really though you could buff like all MC content by 20% and people would hardly notice

This is also true. World buffs are definitely more prevalent and planned out now.

However, I have played with so many people who would very clearly die if a mod wasn’t in their face telling them exactly what to do.

No, that hasn’t changed an iota. People are just gearing for burst rather than lasting 6-8 minutes. If you tripled the health of these bosses, people would have to regear to a point, because you can only go so far with a pure Spell Power build that lacks Int/Spr/Mp5, but even going OOM for 15-20 seconds at the end isn’t going to upset the gains from the prior 4-5 minutes… and that’s only for the casters.

Warriors and Rogues would just keep chugging along.

Eh that’s just normal now. Even as early as TBC you had mechanics that were just a bit too much for a single raid leader to call out effectively or have people pull off on their own (Mother comes to mind), and we’ve had those kinds of timer collisions and player checks ever since.

I mean consider just how many guilds failed to Vael back in the day, and he’s nothing more than a steroid version of Baron as far as DPS and Healers are concerned. Once you got the Tank order stuff down, you had one job: nuke until you get the debuff, move to the safe spot, nuke more til death.

Fast dance won’t even occur for many guilds, Heigan doesn’t have much health. For the rest, even if half the raid dies to the fast dance, you have a long time of nuking after the fact to finish off the last 20% or so.

Here’s another thing. Mods. You guys do realize that the game is playing you right? I understand that it is more convenient but, at what cost?

If you could play this game with your eyes closed and used your feet to control the mouse and the keyboard would you still play the game?

Anyone says as dumb as s as you I cannot take seriously. compounded by the fact they post on a low level character. Talk so much out of your butt yet can’t play the game. So many of you on these forums and it’s quite annoying

alright then, here i am, do you have anything of substance to add?

The content was always easy because it was tuned like a 25 man intentionally. The reason was guilds back then had to fill the last few spots with terrible players with small servers. I will say they should buff content because guilds don’t have to settle for terrible players on larger servers.

Agreed, everyone is chasing the “vanilla challenge”… Obviously players have dramatically changed making it easy. I too think all that needs twerked is mob armor, health, etc. To make it more challenging. Or like someone else said, maybe turn your raid into a 30 man…

Also I read someone talking about damage numbers currently being equivalent to naxx dps… and you can’t argue that… with those numbers… definitely gonna steam roll all the raids as we get more gear too.