Should we ask for a buff version of BWL in Phase 3?

Raiding in WoW classic is a snoozefest.

It’s LFR difficulty for the mentally challenged. I literally fall asleep during raids. I can’t even stay awake.

I would reduce raid size to a maximum of 20 and see how the players can handle the mechanics.

I have no doubt that it’ll be doable however, there will be much less DPS in the raid. Which means the fights will last longer. Raid mechanics will come into play and healers will require a healing strategy in order to carry the raid through the content.

As it stands now, raiding is so boring I would rather watch re-runs of the orginal 1980’s Care Bears.

1 Like

Why would you just drop DPS? Most of the fights only “require” some excess Healers because you really just need extra dispels and decurses because you have 40 people getting hit all at once. A drop to 20 would just mean shedding unnecessary Healers and a few DPS. Things would die slower to be sure, but a lot of guilds are cruising down Rag in ~1:30, so they’d still kill him under 3:00 and skip the submerge.

With a raid size of 20 you could technically get away with 14 DPS, assuming 4 healers can handle the load. Some DPS will have to offtank which could get a little messy. With 2 tanks and 3 to 4 melee offtanks you can still bring 5 to 7 ranged DPS to the raid.

I mean outside of Garr and Majordomo, there just aren’t many multi target fights to stress over, and even those things can be doubled up on a single Tank. The 20man ‘challenge’ would probably be easier in BWL once you got past Razorgore.

Right now, you could bring about 30 DPS to a raid and steam roll through everything. It’s stupid.

I see no reason not to, more than 6 healers and you’re just asking people to be bored.

We’re already bored.

Welcome to Farm Mode PvE. Enjoy your stay.

Transparent shill alert!

Yeah I get them fat BigPharma checks in the mail…

Wait… what?

Wait a second…

BigPharma? Was this some attempt at hiding in plain sight? All my comment implied is that you’re a shill for Blizzard.

Open mouth – insert foot.

Yessssssssssssssssssss gimme those Activision bucks baby

I think the difference is the stacking of world buffs. I’ve never seen an entire server collectively stacking world buffs and rotating them like this in Vanilla. If average DPS levels were much MUCH lower, almost every fight actually means something.

Why did you play classic for raids…

I’ve seen early wipes in raids, as well as raids getting wiped by BRM pvp- sure, no world buffs reduces dps, and more importantly makes it harder for the tanks to do their job (they’re probably the most important player to keep world buffs up on)- but it turns a guild doing it in 45 min to maybe 1h 15min, and part of that is it gets more chill when you’re not worried about a parse/speed.

A lot of what is happening now is we’re almost at Naxx pre-raid-BIS gear because of how itemization is different in 1.12 than it was at launch- and we know how to both itemize and maximize our class values.

But the only advantage we have once we reach Naxx is knowledge. We won’t have a preBIS being at 1.12 advantage, because that’s what Naxx was at in Vanilla. We won’t have all the advantages from balancing, threat changes, etc… because 1.12 is 1.12.

Our sole advantage is knowing the fights and strategies better. What exactly do you want Blizz to do? Wipe our minds?

The PvP? You mean the flight path camping?? If people are here for that it’s no wonder it’s dying.

Nah dude, raiding enemy cities, finding enemy raids to crush, Battle grounds like AV, AB and WSG…

Camping flight paths is fun for like 5 min, then it’s just pitiful. The players who actually do that and truly enjoy it are just bad dude… Really really really bad.

you are delusional if you think Naxx is a challenge

Mages will be doing the largest DPS jump relative to where they are from MC -> BWL mainly because of spec change, and Warriors will have the second largest jump due to the extra item budget from actually equipping epics instead of having 5-6 BiS Blues (though PvP Blue shoulders+Legs is a top tier combo). but yeah basically getting AV/WSG exalted+ 4-6% more crit from itemization and higher stat budget will be a huge gain (already the best dps).

if you cant clear MC in an hour and a half today, then it will be a challenge