Should underwater mounts be faster?

Keep tossing the idea around that underwater mounts feel really slow. Anyone else think it should match druid swim form speed if not a bit faster?

8 Likes

Remember that sea horse mount we got in cata? that should have been available in every zone as a water mount. such a waste.

13 Likes

If it was, we wouldn’t have wasted our time farming that rare for his.

To answer the initial question, yes, I think the underwater mounts should get a speed boost. Nothing crazy, just enough to make the mount worthwhile.

1 Like

There are a few water mounts, such as dark water skate, kousmouth, surf jelly, poseidus.
Their speed being so slow is really somewhat baffling though, but if they made a small turtle mount available for all players, they could work on faster water speed, since it’ll become a default way of travelling underwater, compared to the players who don’t have any of these mounts.

Yes and it should provide under water breathing

8 Likes

In that case, it should be engineering. Mini-sub!

5 Likes

I want them to fly.

Or for the sake of simplicity, just make the Pandaren racial mounts act as fast underwater mounts, since they are turtles, easy to get to the point the vast majority of people should have them already and they are available to both factions.

1 Like

Just fish up the sea turtle and you’ll get a faster under water mount

3 Likes

I believe that’s what they meant by “underwater mount”. The turtle, the horse, etc.

If this is the case, they should be a bit faster yes. Currently they add a bit of speed but nothing too noticable, and far less useful than strider except the very rare cases of underwater questing…in which you dismount everytime you click on something or battle anyway.

2 Likes

If they are mounts specifically made for traveling under water. Then yes they should be a little faster than those not created for that environment.

1 Like

Maybe not as fast as the seahorse mount in Vash but certainly faster.

I will say though if they do they should add more accessible underwater mounts. All the ones we currently have involve farming some kind of currency, fishing, camping a rare mob, or farming some kind of currency by fishing.

Even my druid uses the water strider on longer distance water runs because the speed difference is clear. Water mounts are just inefficient unless you have an underwater destination which is super rare.

1 Like

The fishing raft is faster! Of course, it takes a lot of spacebar spamming to do so. :smiley:

1 Like

Shh dont mention the raft, they will put it on GCD to make it more “fun”

4 Likes

Well see my thinking was when riding the water strider with the legendary fishing pole it seems to swim underwater way faster than an actual aquatic mount (and yes i mean the skate,turtle, seahorse. Sorry for bad clarification) and to me that just seems wrong. Underwater mounts barely get you to 100% water move speed when it should be closer to land mount speed.

1 Like

Don’t care about speed as much. They should give underwater breathing though.

Breathing underwater would be harder to justify over the speed.

1 Like

You guys don’t get it… if they increased the speed of swimming mounts then they’d just create zones without water. The point is to waste time.

3 Likes

water strider is a thing so I doubt it.