Should Tinker Fans Really Want A Tinker Class?

Right now, the Tinker fantasy is covered by the Engineering Profession.

That means your Tinker can be of any Class and do anything.

Hunters are particularly good with the Tinker fantasy, as they have guns, traps, bombs, robot pets.

There’s also Camouflage, which you can easily think of as the Predator’s invisibility thingie.

Every armor type has plenty of options for Technological transmog.

Which includes Engineering-exclusive goggles for all Armor Types and weapons of all kinds.

And if you like the idea of piloting a mech suit, there are plenty of mounts covering that fantasy.

So the question is: Do you really want to throw all that freedom of fantasy roleplay away to be railroaded into a couple of specs / roles just so you can hit people with a mech suit?

3 Likes

yes.

/10char

14 Likes

Ok lol

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

No, but i do like the idea of Engineers making a mech suit that is exclusively only for them, as well other Tinkerer related stuff. Much like Demon Hunters, i think it would be pointless to make a Tinker Class… Well even more so then Demon Hunters.

Also, what the heck is the name of this weapon you found? :open_mouth:

1 Like
1 Like

/Farms Sawtooth for years.

Don’t do that, just complete this quest lol

1 Like

Oh. :neutral_face:

Okay. :slight_smile:

Edit: I actually just noticed i just have this weapon for awhile now, i don’t know how i missed it, considering i went though Stormsong 3 times overall… :man_shrugging: Glad i have it and know either way. Thanks Mortis! :+1:

1 Like

You just answered your question with those 6 words alone. If you dont want to hit people with a mech suit, you’re not somebody that I want to know.

3 Likes

I am a lover, not a fighter.

I would like to hit on people with a mech suit though :smiley:

2 Likes

whynotboth.gif

Because I don’t hit people.

I only hit Demon Hunters.

The only thing I would not want is them destroying engineering to make tinkers feel unique. Which i know they will do.

yes? engineering sucks anyway. the word freedom doesn’t exist in wow :rofl:

1 Like

A mount is not the same as a mecha that can fight though.

1 Like

I’m all for Engineers being able to make a Mech Suit that acts like a siege engine or something else you hop into and can pilot, and which has a selection of skills. Just have to try and balance it, and it’d make for an interesting kind of 3rd/4th/5th spec. (3rd for DH, 5th for Druids).

I doubt you’ll get a mecha, even if they made a Tinker class. It would generate visibility issues.

You’ll get a backpack and some dumb-looking clockwerk goblins at most lol

Well they just won’t be as big as the suit worn by Mekkatorque. If only Gnomes, Goblins, Mechagnomes, and Gilgoblins could play them, then wearing the suit would only have to bring them up to Tauren height or so.