Should Shamans have another animal form?

Not trying to hurt some druids feels but what about to include another shapeshift form like an acuatic or something not too invasive to the game… I mean shamans do that right, “they speak with nature”.

Yeah, but we speak with elements. Not really animals or trees to the best of my knowledge. We don’t need another animal form, though they could spruce up our Ghost Wolf (Inherent Water Walking with no damage-removal component) but I’d much rather have Storm Elemental as baseline.

4 Likes

I do think they could change it from wolf to more elemental (even if just a glyph); where does wolf come from? Is that something that someone knows from lore…? :thinking:

And if that’s a thing, why can’t we go into Eagle etc? There’s that bit at the start of Tauren where you do, that’s fairly Shamanistic, right?

Or just make the form an elemental, and at the flight unlock allow it to fly. Imagine like a mini Raging Tempest…?

4 Likes

I never understood that either… what’s with Wolf and Shamans ?

1 Like

Well outside of WoW when I think of “shamans” I do think more spirits and spirit animals. But in WoW it’s much more about elements and such.

If we’re going with spirits and spirit animals thats cool, but why would Shamans only stop at wolves!? :smile: Why not other animals, specifically ones that could fly / swim…? :thinking:

1 Like

Well I think it really originally came from when Thrall’s soul was separated from his body and entered into the spirit world and took on the form of the spirit wolf.

Yes Tauren and Troll also had this originally but Im guessing since Thrall was such a major character lore wise the ghost wolf was kind of the default for shaman. We do have the raptor glyph now which makes sense for Troll but I guess there isn’t a specific one for Tauren or any other race.

Also need to remember, originally Shaman was horde only so maybe some of this could use a bit of updating. With that said, I wouldn’t remove Ghost Wolf and replace it with some kind of Elemental Transformation because Ghost Wolf is an iconic part of the class.

3 Likes

Yeah, makes sense.

I’d also be happier if they kept Wolf, but maybe introduced Eagle or something too?

1 Like

Tauren Spiritwalkers in WC3 had an ethereal form ability that made them translucent. Maybe that instead of ghost wolf.

I’ve never understood what ghost wolf form was even for. I agree with the above. I think that instead of a ghost wolf it should be more like mages invis ability. Allowing us to enter the spirit realm instead and giving a speed boost. Plus you could add applications throughout the world like, npcs only shamans walking in the spirit realm can see. Quests. That sort of thing

1 Like

The class specific tome in the Draenor PVP zone gave us invis and 200% movement speed when not in combat. Was amazing.

I just want the D3 witch doctor spirit walk ability. Leave your corpse and enter the spirit world with increased movement speed. If your corpse reaches zero health before you leave the spirit world you die. If you deactivate spirit walk your corpse moves to your location with the same health as you had upon entering the spirit world.

That there is a shammy defensive we need.

2 Likes

Tbh i just want them to add racial variants for ghost wolf.

Dwarves get a ram or bear maybe
Tauren get a strider
Orcs keep wolf
Trolls get raptor
Ztrolls get a… meaner looking raptor?
Draenei get something alien-y
Kul tirans get something aquatic themed
Dark irons get a corehound

Or, failing that, just change ghost wolf into spirit walk and have it keep your character’s form (but translucent) and apply the speed boost.

5 Likes

Yeah, I do think it makes sense to have them be race specific at this point OR at the very least let their be glyph options to have the variants for race specific ones.

3 Likes

I like this a lot! It has interesting applications and doesn’t seem overpowered

I’d love to have (more) racial forms. Like spirit gryphons (already in game) for Dwarves (yay Wildhammer!) etc. No rams or bears. Dwarves didn’t get shaman until the Wildhammers joined them.

They could try different forms that give different abilities, for instance:

Spirit Wolf - Increased ground movement speed
Spirit Eagle - Instant flight form (like druids)
Spirit Shark - Water breathing and increased swim speed
Spirit Cat - Stealth (with decreased speed)

Then use it like the Zandalari Troll shrines, can only use one and has a 5 day cooldown until you can choose a new form.

All shall fear… the Ghost Kodo.

4 Likes

A Kodo would be cool. It could be one of those ostrich things in the barren.

Well blizzard heard my plea for a shaman defensive and gave it as a covenant ability in shadowlands.

Also every class will be able to have temporary GW in the world and perma GW in cities. They even get better options than we shamans get currently.

1 Like

Since it’s Madalyn, the judges will allow an egregious necro. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, I would love to see the 2 Ghost Wolf talents be baseline. I don’t use them all the time, but GW feels SO much better when I have them.

And as always, I think we’d all love to see more racial themed GW forms. I’d totally love my HM Tauren to be a ghost moose!

1 Like

It was a cool thread/discussion and the current/latest reveal on the next xpac tied it together and made it relevant again. I felt this would be better than starting it all over again

1 Like