Should PUGS fight Premades?

I would think that separating premades and pugs would help queue times. Then more people would be inclined to play since they would have less chance of getting stomped by a premade.

Premade queues might go up a bit but eh.

2 Likes

Couldn’t care less about the rewards. I just want to PvP.

Also, fyi, good premades would still get more honor than pugs sooo I guess yeah if you’re in a bad premade you’re probably screwed :slight_smile:

Oh and also also pugs do raid BWL lmao

5 Likes

premades def deserve longer que times for the stuff they put pugs through

5 Likes

I don’t care much about who deserves what. I don’t blame people for premading at all, they want to play with friends and increase their chances of winning. Who doesn’t want to do that?

I blame Blizzard for the braindead system that matches anyone with anyone else. Take a look wherever there are contests of skill, they all try to match people of similar skill. Sports, chess, E-games, tournaments, competitions and so on.

It’s less fun to be up against someone who can beat you into a pulp in 5 seconds than it is to be able to stand up to them for a half hour and possibly come out with a win.

3 Likes

When you encounter a premade, and you’re not having fun, deny them content and leave the BG.

If something in the game is not fun, leave, skip it, do something else.

If this became a normal, widespread thing eventually PuGs will start whining to Blizzard and maybe Blizzard will change it to premades vs premades and PuGs vs PuGs.

It’s the cross server BGs that allow premades to seem as numerous as they are; that and queue times.

I think you’re misunderstanding us. We don’t necessarily want to graveyard farm you, we just want to keep you out of the honor pool. If you’re not getting viable honor per hour we’re fine with your presence.

[quote=“Thunderkoww-mankrik, post:26, topic:546286”]
Blizzard will change it to premades vs premades and PuGs vs PuGs.

No. Because bad premades would leave the premade queue and join the pug queue.

So the good premades’ job would get harder and harder, until the very best premades are spending 100g in consumables per match for the same honor as pugs. Then the premade queue dies.

The short answer is no pugs should not be fighting premades. It wasn’t this much of a problem in vanilla but is much more so in classic.

But yeah expect a lot of pushback from people who just want their easy wins by rolling pugs and don’t want even fights.

14 Likes

The pushback isn’t from people who don’t want even fights, it’s from people who think that pugs don’t deserve a spot in the honor pool. If pugs ended entirely we wouldn’t mind facing each other.

But those games have systems to reward more skilled players. The only measure of skill WoW Classic has is honor per hour, so pugs shouldn’t get good honor per hour.

If that was actually the case you wouldn’t have a problem with matching pug vs pug and premade vs premade. But you do, which means all you want is your easy wins.

10 Likes

No, it wasn’t actually. To this day you can still run WSG with organized groups and fight pugs in retail. Only difference is you’re limited to a group of 5.

To force pre-made vs pre-made would basically ruin queue times for pre-mades and cause a whole bunch of other issues and unforseen changes to the meta. It’s a completely inappropriate change for Classic and for the vanilla experience.

If you’re tired of losing then find a few friends to play with. You can overcome bad to average pre-mades with just a few friends provided you’re half decent yourself. It is an MMO after all.

Not at all.

It’s a lose-lose for those already running pre-mades. Their queue times and win percentages will be severely damaged. The only potential advantage is giving them more of a challenge, but that doesn’t make up for the problems.

And again, it’s not a vanilla-like change. So no.

Lol I can almost relive the feeling of, “I waited 20mins for this? No freaking honor, no rep, and lost time.”

3 Likes

they should be facing a challenge instead of face rolling pugs that dont have 10 players following the exact same strat every game

6 Likes

Seperating the queues doesn’t remove players that are willing to spend 100g+ per game from BGs.

The most likely outcome is (imo)

• Premade vs Premade becomes a thing. Now it’s much easier to rank as a pug because you are guarenteed to not run into premades, which is where the tryhard pvpers are (at first)
  • Premades that are not tryhards get farmed by tryhards. They see it’s no longer worth it and stop queueing as a premade
  • Tryhards only play against tryhards. Games take much longer and are much more expensive. It starts being less efficient honor-per-hour than pugging.
  • Premades start trying to find ways to circumvent the seperate queues. Maybe this works, maybe this doesn’t, maybe blizzard bans for it, this is a big unknown but very probable step. In the meantime, pugs have an absolutely awful time until blizzard fixes it, IF THEY FIX IT. Square 1 if they don’t.
  • If premades cannot circumvent the queues, but solo-queue is still faster, all the try-hards start solo queueing. They still spend 100g+ per game. Some will be on your team, many will not. Generally speaking the people not willing to invest to that level to win a bg lose to consumables/engineering.

In either outcome, premades effectively die so solo queuers can rank without having to face premades. This is not likely something blizzard will consider, because there are far more players premading than not (or it wouldn’t be an issue as big as it is).

Blizz could sweeten the deal for the premade queue/nerf the honor of the pug queue to compensate, and that might work. Later expansions did this by making the good pvp cost conquest points, a currency that you can generate quickly in a premade and very slowly as a pug. They’ve never seperated premades and pugs without tossing a carrot to the premades first- even when they seperated exp off brackets from exp on, the carrot there was exp off battlegrounds.

So my viewpoint is it is what it is. If they want to change it then they need to look into making rewards for the premade queue better, since making a group is more work than solo queueing and should be rewarded appropriately.

2 Likes

Leaving the BG would cause you to not PvP Queue again. Better to just walk away from the Spirit Healer, and let it end. Always great to deny them honor that game also, that way they lose too in the only way you can make them.

2 Likes

Well no what’s not vanilla like it the amount of premades fighting pugs.

As for it being unfair to them? No it wouldn’t pug vs pug is the equivalent of premade vs premade in terms of difficulty.

They do. Pre-made vs pre-made happens all the time. For those running pre-mades it’s great. They get games that are challenging (pre-made vs pre-made) and games that are steamroll. It’s a beautiful thing.

Pugging is a rougher road as it should be. It’s an MMO. It’s vanilla. It’s Classic.