Should mounts only go to top performers?

Recently our Guild Master and Raid Officers decided that mount rolls will only go to the top 2 dps, top 2 healers, 2 tanks, and then the officers. This stirred up a lot of drama in our guild recently so I’m just wondering what are everyone’s thoughts on this?

8 Likes

why would the officers include themselves if it’s about performance? kek

20 Likes

They claim it’s because they spent time organizing it.

3 Likes

Milktruck should be a Tauren. The thought of “space cow” milk make me want to vomit on you.

7 Likes

Goat milk is amazing.

6 Likes

My first thought is that this sounds like another made-up story so a new thread can be created that “isn’t too much of a duplicate”.

My second thought is that on the 0.001% chance that this is real guilds can do whatever they want with the mounts that drop in guild runs but “causing a lot of drama” over a cosmetic sounds like a really dumb thing for a guilds leadership to do.

11 Likes

I’m not much of a Mount hunter so I wouldn’t even care. I don’t need 1000 different ways to go 100% movement speed.

2 Likes

Two words: Open Roll.

Everyone gets a chance at the mount since mounts aren’t correlated to and don’t increase performance / DPS, Heals, and Tanking

10 Likes

We run loot council for gear, but mounts and bags and other non performance stuff is rolled off as no point LCing it to someone.

2 Likes

Well it’s a good idea but personally I don’t believe it goes far enough. I would only allow the 1 top dps/healer and the GM to roll on it.

2 Likes

You have heard of Goat Milk before right?

2 Likes

your guild is dumb might aswell disband it

9 Likes

Yeah, same.

I hate being serious in this guys threads but oh well.

When I was running a guild back in the original WotLK - Pandaria I’d write out these multipage rules for everything on our website forums and because people understood we had these rules for loot, attendance, benching etc there was next to no drama. However we had this rule for mounts that I thought was fair. The mount rule was just be a core raider with good attendance and then you get to roll on mount drops.

Well, let’s just say that when a rare mount did drop that little rule caused more drama than anything else in the guild before or after. Never again. I have the worst luck with rolls myself but it’s open rolls on cosmetic items from now on in any guild I’m leading and that’s it.

2 Likes

something happens in game
Garmuck writes a thread on it
something doesn’t happens in game
Garmuck writes a thread on it

7 Likes

Oh, look. Hes moved his swill to Reddit.

10 Likes

So he did the swipe content from Reddit thing again, good find :slight_smile:

That’s my Reddit account, hence why I’m posting it here.

Looking at the post history…

I think I got my answer.

Cute cat, though. Give her some scritches for me.

Will do! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

3 months and this much forum usage

1 Like