Should I go DPS until I get gear?

What ilevel should I start healing BGs at? Asking because loudmouth DPS keep complaining that I’m not geared enough. That’s fair, but they aren’t constructive so I’m asking here.

I mean, if you learn to be successful healing with crap gear then you will be that much better when you actually get gear.

4 Likes

I mean with that gear I can see why at least get the nazjatar 385 gear

1 Like

With that low of an ilvl you are going to be blown up. Head to the timewalking vendor in SW or get benthic gear as a starter set then queue up.

My gear improved dramatically from BGs in the past 2 days. Am I ok to queue up as DPS?

1 Like

Armory is still showing you as 334, idk if its updated or not.

I think I had been 289

1 Like

340ish is still low, but if it is a melee heavy horde comp you “might” be ok. If its caster heavy though better change name to Stuckingraveyard

Queue as anything you like. Don’t worry about what others say.

2 Likes

So what number do you think is where it starts to become reasonable?

Aim for around 370, just get the benthic pieces or TW pieces from vendor to fill in your low spots. Try and get resounding protection defensive trait for sure.

1 Like

Test it for yourself. People in these forums put too much stock in gear and will give a high number. It’s randoms and as long as you play with the team, you’ll be fine.

He is alliance, ie they hardly ever play as a team unless the objective is “Lets derp in mid instead of focus objectives”.

1 Like

Wrong. I’ve played alliance all xpac.

1 Like

Can someone have experiences that are “wrong”?

When you say they hardly ever, yea.

I’ve won a majority of my games since I’ve been playing. Loses seem to have more to do with the map than the faction. For reasons I can’t figure out, the two BGs we suck at most are:

• BfG and the weird Panda one with the orbs.
  • Mixed results on the BFA drop ship thing.
  • Surprising performances on WSG, EotS, and that weird Goblin/Panda mine thing.
1 Like

So alliance always use teamwork and coordination. That last arathi basin I must have imagined our team ignoring the strat posted at the beginning of bg of “get lm or bs” and 9 ppl went gold mine straight away, then pushed to farm.

1 Like

Didn’t say always either.

1 Like

Oh so blanket statements of faction proficiency in PvP cancel themselves out. Ok then, carry on.