Should I come back?

Should I get back into the game? Haven’t played in at least 6 months. Will I be too far behind? Are people still playing? Etc. I am on Incendius. and as you can see, have a 49 warrior. Kinda want something to do til Shadowlands.

1 Like

6 months eh? Looks like someone did something naughty in the beginning of classic.

JK. Just play. If not you can even play retails instead; you get 2 games for the price of 1

3 Likes

No. We’re all having an absolutely terrible time and wouldn’t want anyone else to suffer the way we are.

7 Likes

Explain why?

1 Like

Wow… really?

2 Likes

yeah, it would be great!

2 Likes

It was sarcasm, dude.

5 Likes

Same here, man. I recently came back after a hiatus since January. Got a couple of toons all in the 30s.
It’s not the same as it was at launch: not quite as busy, not as many people leveling, inflated prices on the AH. But it’s still Classic, and it’s still a blast. Try find a good levelling guild and add a couple of people to your friends list and it’ll be like you never left.

1 Like

no.

2 Likes

As a dps warrior? There’s always time for you, get that dps pre bis and find yourself a guild son

1 Like

Appreciate it! Yeah, just all my guildies just stopped playing so I stopped, and went back to retail. May jump back on! Thanks for all the feedback y’all! :slight_smile:

If you are use to retail and that grind then this is going to be far more casual than you are actually use too. easy but very fun.

Incendius hmmm…

Yea you should come back. Not much opposition left to keep you from greatness.

Well, yes and no, depends if you like to be segregated.

What do you mean?

Game is dead. 10/10 do not recommend wasting money on it

1 Like

It’s exactly what you think I mean.

Was in the same boat as you OP. I took a hiatus right before P3 came out, and I came back to Classic about a month ago. I found a raiding guild for my hpriest (my main before my hiatus) and leveled up a horde hunter and found him a raiding guild.

There are still plenty of guilds out there who are still recruiting. If you’re a healer, rogue, fury, or mage you’ll have no problem at all finding a guild. I see guilds heavily recruiting these roles constantly. For my hunter, I had to search a bit more but eventually found a good group for him.

There’s still plenty of time to come back. For every one of you, there is some other raid logger who finally stopped logging on. People are definitely still recruiting. It’s difficult to keep the same 40 people every week.

My main observations though since my hiatus:

The economy is heavily inflated over the time of my hiatus. I’ve gotten good at making gold on my horde hunter through tribute sells and jump runs, but i struggle on my priest to afford stuff. Thankfully, my guild isn’t strict about consumables.

The world is dead while leveling a character, unfortunately. The new META to leveling is paying a 60 mage to boost your toon through SFK/Stocks/SM/Mara/ZG. in that order. On top of the fact that some of the servers are locked, I never found or could form an organic dungeon group while leveling my hunter, which is quite sad because i enjoy the traditional leveling experience.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Incendius is dead, if you want to play casually sure go ahead.

your server is definitely dead. which is okay for leveling cause youll make alot of gold selling gathering mats. I just transferred a toon off it.

The downsides of playing now are that A) theres more bots than ever - they just use their bots/hacks in instances through boosts or solo play which is ruining economies still and B) mages are able to do the same thing but without bots - they can pull hundreds of mobs in instances and ZG and make tens of thousands of gold which is contributing to a weird economy.

The game in general is still fun. I just am in the boat that #nochanges doesnt work anymore. Too many stupid metas have formed that should be changed IMO and blizzard needs to take the bot issue more seriously.