Should Frostscythe replace Frost Strike?

More hypocrisy after being called out on a idiotic statement :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And more insults from you.

Make Howling Blast Great Again.

2 Likes

Exactly my point. Avalanche, Frozen Pulse, Frostscythe and Breath of Sindragosa are all talents that you have to spec into. As it stands if you intend on playing 2H frost you will probably be spec-ed into Obliteration instead of BOS.

Sure, Howling Blast and Remorseless winter exist. But they are largely passive forms of AOE and don’t change our rotation in any way. And I don’t think it makes for very engaging gameplay when both your single target and AOE rotation is exactly the same. (Look at DHs)

Frostwyrm Fury going baseline is definitely nice. But an AOE ability you can use once every 3 mins is not reliable and can hardly be considered when taking about rotational abilities. It’s more of a big CD.

1 Like

I think people main concern isn’t the lack of aoe, but the lack of ways to meaningfully dump rp in an aoe situation outside of BOS. If they change Frostscythe to us RP, it would fill that role. And both 2h and DW would benefit.

Avalanche, Frozen Pulse and Frostscythe are on the same talent tier so you cant get all 3. You still have Howling Blast, you still have FF through Howling Blast usage and Remorseless Winter.

And for 2h, its what people wanted, 2h to play different from DW, and thats exactly what people got. If you wanted a good spec then people should have advocated for the weapon to not matter and to work on the spec. But that isnt what Frost got. I havent watched this DPS rankings video yet, but Frost looked to be pretty low down. Whats funny is they showed average dps numbers for the specs (all specs not just dk) and in WoD Frost was -18% as a spec. Once Legion hit and they were able to focus on the spec the spec was significantly better off. Thats just the little bit that I watched of it on my lunch break.

2h is single target focused while DW is a more rounded option.

Outside of your breath cd, DW has the same issue of having no way to dump rp in a meaningful way. Like, spending rp with enough targets is a Dps lose. Having a spammable aoe rp spender helps frost. Are you that against 2h, that you don’t want improvements to DW if it benefits both?

Would you guys seriously quit with that anti-2h bs that you have been pulling behind your wagon for nearly a year now? Its getting really old and not a single one of you can show anywhere that I said 2h shouldnt return, so shut it.

Now, you clearly dont have enough runes when doing aoe or you wouldnt be complaining that there was no aoe runic dump, which leads to what does runic power actually do? Spending it gives a chance at runes returned. You guys are completely missing that entire aspect of runic power that you want something for every situation. There hasnt been an aoe runic dump EVER outside of BoS and it wasnt a problem for that entire time until 2h came in and it sucks in aoe situations.

So no, I dont see a problem, maybe you Flavor of the Month Death Knights do, but it literally hasnt been a problem for what… 10 years? Just going off the top of my head.

So tell me, what is the issue other that you just want more aoe for whatever reason? Might as well just make Obliterate aoe, oh and obliterate. Make a passive so that if a target is isolated then all the abilities then do more damage for single target. This is just getting ridiculous and its an ever shifting goalpost.

Glacial Advance costs Runic Power.

And it has a cd and isnt a reliable dump. If it was then people would have absolutely no reason to create these threads.

You said there wasn’t an AoE dump. But there is. Glacial Advance.
Nobody takes GA because it is under-tuned. But that wasn’t in question.

Fine, then there is no issue, there is a runic power dump… even though you cant actually dump runic power with it. Thats the entire point. Its not a dump.

If GA was properly tuned, like I said, everybody would take it. But even then, there are many who wouldn’t like it. The range of the ability makes using it frequently difficult in certain situations. Plus it is graphic intensive.

I believe most people would prefer Frostscythe as the go-to AoE RP ability opposed to GA. There is still a positional requirement there which makes it fun, but without the annoyance of the narrow cone and detriment of the extremely long range.

But again, GA isnt taken because you cant use it as a dump.

It also does slightly less damage than a Frost Strike, so its not actually the tuning thats the problem, its the CD. If it didnt have a CD it would do exactly what people want and there wouldnt be this thread at all.

I’ve only played around with GA on the PTR using 2H Frost and Murderous Efficiency. But I was able to use all of my RP on GA in that scenario. The cooldown didn’t affect anything other than being a nuisance. I assume that is the case on live? But even if you still had to sprinkle in some Frost Strikes, it’s a short cooldown and you would be using most all of your RP for AoE. But…nobody takes the talent because it is under-tuned. It has nothing to do with the cooldown.

1 Like

How long did it take you to dump your runic power? 4.5 seconds? Thats how long it would take you to use your runic power with Frost Strike with 0 haste. Or with 20% haste it would take 10 seconds to dump runic power.

Its not undertuned, it does a little less than Frost Strike, so if it was an aoe dump it would be where it should, but it has a CD. Its just that the other 2 choices on that row are leaps and bounds better than an aoe dump. Frostwyrm’s Fury and Gathering Storm, which are both aoe choices as well. Its just Gathering Storm is the best for ST dps too. But even in SL it has to compete with Gathering Storm and Hypothermic Presence.

So its not an RP dump, and its just flat out not a good ability compared to the other choices on that row.

Of course it’s an RP dump. It costs RUNIC POWER.
It’s just under-tuned compared to Gathering Storm.

I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. Your argument is nonsensical.

4 Likes

Do you know what dump means? You cant dump all of your runic power with it one global after another with it can you? If you cant do that then its not a dump. You can use Obliterate to dump your runes, You cant however use Army to do the same thing, see the difference?

ITS NOT A DUMP

And I just told you that you can use GA on cooldown without needing to use Frost Strike on the PTR. You are DUMPING all of your RP on AoE. Stop trying to move the goalposts by stating the ability has a cooldown. You have no argument whatsoever.

4 Likes

No, you cant. It has a CD. Thats the entire point, you cant use it global after global. So no you arent. You are arguing to argue at this point.