Should Frostscythe replace Frost Strike?

Hmm, maybe it should generate 1 Rune plus the RE chance to generate an additional. Or maybe it just bypasses RE and always generates 2 Runes. I’m just trying to think of a way for GA to be more useful, but without us spamming it. And also giving another legitimate talent option for 2H Frost. Gaining those extra Runes for more Obliterates would be key.

Feel like people are heavily underestimating Glacial Advance. It deals a ton of damage in AoE. The issue is that it doesn’t bring any value for single target at all. This is the reason you see people running Gathering Storm so much; it brings single target value.

I’d like to see GA deal increased damage to the primary target, so that it becomes a single target dmg increase. This would make it much more competitive.

1 Like

Considering it’s never a good idea to use Howling Blast without Rime, I would not be against this idea. The big thing I miss about past iterations of the spec is the need to first and foremost put up your disease on your enemy. Nowadays we just hope Obliterate procs Rime early in the encounter.

Not technically true. Using a naked hb to apply frost fever is a dps gain.

1 Like

Hence my idea for GA to generate more Runes which equal more Obliterates.

Last I heard, and this was around the time that RP generation was added to Frost Fever, it was still not a gain to use Howling Blast without Rime. I’m not sure what would have changed since then.

Maybe 40 rp and no cd. Being rp capped and only having fs to dump it in aoe situations feelsbadman.

I know most people don’t want copy and paste of class abilities, but I’d love it if my frost DK played like a fury warrior for cleave. Using Frost scythe should do ok ish damage, but then make Frost Strike and Obliterate hit “x” amount of targets for time, or charges. It just feels good and is easy to use.

1 Like

Honestly, I would actually be fine with something like this. I really enjoy how cleave works with Fury Warrior and would definitely enjoy a similar playstyle with Frost DK.

1 Like

I’d rather have glacial advanced baseline but changed.
Make it a circle like aoe imo. Make it actually worth using (damage atm is just… meh) and make it actually apply razorice, with or without the rune for it.

1 Like

It’s the only think I dislike about Frost on my DK. I hate the Sindragosa build, love howling blast, and that it does additional AoE, but damn Frost Scythe… It’s just such a boring ability… Spamming it endlessly… ugh I agree, fury warrior AoE for some reason feels fun, and fluid.

Epidemic was just baked into Unholy. I’d take Frostscythe being baked in too. But that still leaves us with no true RP spending AOE.

Say frost scythe ‘marks’ that targets it hits and then makes said marks ‘explode’ or soemthing for when you hit frost trike. makes it like an AoE non-CD Obliteration phase.

Just make Frostscythe an rp spender. Then 2h will have an option to spec for aoe situations at the expense of a little single target. And then it will give DW some aoe outside of breath windows. And it will make oblit the builder for both builds.

I like this change, would also like to see FrostScythe baseline though.

Completely agree that it should be baseline. Frost doesn’t really have an aoe ability outside of frostscythe and it feels weird playing a spec without some kind of baseline aoe ability.

Um, what? The only abilities that arent aoe are Obliterate and Frost Stike (and chains of ice with the cold heart talent). All other abilities are aoe. Remorseless Winter, Howling Blast, Avalanche, Frozen Pulse, Frostscythe, Breath of Sindragosa, Frostwyrms Fury… no baseline ability when most of the spec is aoe…

Frostscythe isn’t an AoE ability?
Crikey, I knew you were ignorant, but this is a whole new level :poop:

3 Likes

Meant to say Frost Strike. But its no surprise that you guys are still so hostile and insulting as ever.

Oh, you meant something else.
That’s no surprise :roll_eyes:

Hostile? I’m just correcting you, though I’m sure others are very familiar with this hypocritical approach from you :poop:

3 Likes

See, more insults trying to stir the pot.