Should Forum 'Trust-Level' be restorable?

Honestly I think it’d be a good incentive to making people less conflicting & restore better behaviour all around the forums if we made the trust levels repairable, and able to be improved beyond that with proceeding good behaviour etc.

• After someone’s jeopardised their trust level, I feel their reservations on holding back or not trolling – Kind of go out the window if they know there’s no going back.
  • Whereas if there’s a period of X, Y and Z requirements + time had to restore it, without any infractions (setting it back to square one) — It promotes an encouragement to do better.

I feel it’d be a good reward system & structure upon the forums to promoting an all round better environment.

:thinking: What’re all your thoughts?
Yay / nay / Maybae? – If yes or no, (or indecisive) post your reasons bellow. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Who is going to pay someone to monitor the forum, make those decisions and handle appeals?

4 Likes

I believe you can get it back already after 3-6 months

6 Likes

TL3 is restored 6 months after a forum vacation.

Quote from Vrak:

5 Likes

The trust system is a joke. Someone can make an alt Bnet account and create 50+ level 10 characters to manipulate the trust level.

4 Likes

Trust level is restorable.

I have lost it to forum suspensions multiple times.

I have it back now.

2 Likes

?

that doesn’t even make sense.

1 Like

IIRC – The trust levels are earned in the first place by an automatic set of requirements already.

It wouldn’t be too hard to implement similar tactics of such for earning them back.

Huh. :open_mouth:
Never knew that.
Unless you’re messing with me :joy:
But nevertheless, that’d be a decent ordeal as well. :dracthyr_nod:

Well then ~ The more you know! :grin:

I know, right?

i’m not sure how you think it works, but it doesn’t work the way you seem to think it does.

2 Likes

:point_down:

2 Likes

Definitely not. Even if you just unsub and stop posting for a while you can lose it

1 Like

Yep. I really do hate the fact that not only do I have to grind out forum rep… I also have to maintain it weekly.

4 Likes

You don’t see the air we breath. Scientists tell you it gives us oxygen.

Gotto do the most just to post cat gifs :sob:

3 Likes

6 months is an eternity.

1 Like

Well I’ll be damned. :open_mouth:
— Thanks for the info. :grin:

Honestly I’m surprised this thread has had more insightful comments than trolling ones, lol

feel free to share this magical secret which you’ve stumbled across.

i’m sure people would love to learn how having multiple bnets can have any impact on your own trust level.

I don’t have an answer to that. I’d love to be able to post GIFs and link relevant articles as it pertains to the discussion but there’s a reason why they have trust levels set up the way that they are. If I run around breaking the rules and forfeight that privilage, I should have to deal with it as anyone else would.

Huh, I had always assumed the demotion was permanent.

1 Like

thats still too heavy handed, half a year is quite a bit and that doesnt take in account to actually gaining it?
it just when youre able to earn it again so its actually longer lol.