Should Forum 'Trust-Level' be restorable?

The forums exist for us to be monitored like lab rats. When they actually want to communicate they use Reddit or X

1 Like

are these actually taken away if you get suspended?

You can re-earn trust levels.

Nope, you can maintain the requirements while you wait out the six month banishment. As long as you meet the requirements for TL3, it is restored as soon as the six months is up.

Edit - I’m reasonably sure the six months begins when the forum penalty ends.

1 Like

Forum trust levels are something that shouldn’t even exist. There shouldn’t be any incentive to “grind” for postings in a forum board for game feedback. It’s just weird and should be tied to the game instead of anything else if anything lol.

2 Likes

Eh, they should be removed. Trust levels are about as useful as the Community Council.

4 Likes

No that’s not how it works. You don’t restart from scratch. Your counts aren’t zeroed out. You could have the requirements for TL3 while still being on hold from it. And once the hold is lifted, have it back immediately.

forum trust is a joke concept.
Either we are in good standing here…or we should be removed from the forum.
I should have figured theyd find a forum software package that could be used to make the forum a grind just like the game.
Personally, I refuse to participate.

I started with TL3 when I joined the forum. I don’t know why… but y’know what they say about a gift horse.

It was taken away from me when Blizzard fixed some kind of update bug. :pensive:

I have a weird bug too, I sometimes let my sub expire due to life issues and when I started the sub again a few months ago there was a message on my screen that said I was unable to post on the forums until January of 2022 or something and that saddened me because it means I can’t post here if I go back in time. (the msg went away after 24 hours)

That bug probably keeps me from getting higher then Member but it could be worse… what’s lower then Member? Peasant?

Because you were a beta tester. Back then, they couldn’t get the privs to work right with the beta forum, so they just gave account wide TL3 so we could use the forum. It expired at midnight back in March of this year.

It doesn’t. It’s just a website code error. Your TL is listed on your summary page.

1 Like

I had a permanent ban overturned after 11 years.

And gained trust level 3.

And lost and gained and lost and gained it again several times.

this software hasn’t been used for that long.

everyone started here with a clean slate

That sentence was not connected to those that followed in the way that you think.

makes me wonder how much time one has to put into the forum just to post images, I would never do it, just curious.

Most of the ones that lose it and get it back come back as alts or the same toon and start posting their same agenda. The really nasty ones don’t get caught because they are using an alt and switch back and forth - truthfully I may be confusing that last part with people that don’t even have a trust level.

The whole point is moot anyway. Nothing is going to change. It is what it is one the forums. We can’t even agree on whether to use Btags or not. And some idjit posted being anon twice, once last week and then again this week and didn’t get sanctioned at all.

What we should be talking about is not the idjits that won’t stop, sanctioned or not, but the good people that we all know have been here forever and have to keep reading even during the entire weeks that happen on occasion when when the forum is a dumpster fire.

Some of us know ourselves well enough to know when our personal life is going to bleed into our reading posts and responding and pull back until it passes. Boom! Trust level gone. Sometimes all you have to do is pick some long butt threads and scroll through them to bring your reading quota back up, other times you’re just screwed. That’s what doesn’t make sense.

It doesn’t take a genius to know the regulars that consistently help with link type things, not just funny gifs and aren’t trolls.

The system punishes the wrong people, but it’s the best they’ve got, it’s not going to change - so any civilized conversation we have about it won’t make a difference.

If people get flagged that triggers a manual review which can lead to a ban or temporary demotion in TL, but as others have said that demotion can be earned back.

I was demoted from TL3 to TL2 simply due to inactivity (busy with life so stopped visiting here for a month or two) so there’s a natural decay in TL if you don’t post regularly (and stay out of trouble, which I’ve never been notified of).

They should just let people post links at a basic trust level.

Well one of the requirements is to read 20,000 individual posts over the course of ~100 days. And enter something like 500 unique threads as well as giving out and receiving some arbitrary number of Likes. The posts read and topics entered also have to have been made within the last 100 or so days of you interacting with them for it to count. You also have to maintain that level of activity to keep it.

Aside from this absurd grind being required just to post images and outside links, one of the worst things about this system is there’s no clear way to track current progress. Everything past and present gets lumped together so it’s not easy to figure out how close you are without getting a rep to look and tell you.

3 Likes

I get the concept. You dont want the forums flooded with brand new trolls linking advertisements or vulgar gifs, etc. A person has to work for the trust level, less likely to throw it away.

I just wish getting it was more manageable.

1 Like