Should a player be suspended for placing (mage) portals in LFR?

Like in Dragonsole, where you had to take a portal that looked exactly like a mage portal.

But in this case, we are talking about not knowing the difference between a mage portal and a summoning closet?

I’m beginning to think this is in the category of never happened.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it where the Mage got the portal to spawn in the Warlock closet. So the person went to click the closet to summon, couldn’t see the Mage portal and they went poof.

4 Likes

i still remember the lock portal at the end of cliff trolling lol good times

1 Like

No, don’t clicky if you’re not confident.

Random things happen in random groups.

1 Like

well depends if mage places it directly on the summoning portal making it so you couldnt click the summoning portal

1 Like

Mass report and it won’t matter what they think.

5 Likes

GOTTEM!

1 Like

Just sounds like a basic IQ test tbh :man_shrugging:

It’d not much different than the “so and so has reported you AFK, type /afk to remove it” IQ test that sometimes happens in random BGs

Being dumb has consequences, just like in real-life. It just so happens a large chunk of pug players are dumb and have goldfish-level IQs

Trolling in the LFR has different levels of fun leading up to spite.

Putting a portal on the quest turn in for Superbloom with thirty people in a LFR-style raid would be mean. And kind of funny. Messing with an actual mechanic, I’ll bet that you could almost hide a portal in one of the dragons that we fly to bomb the enemy.

Absolutely not. Portal roulette is a time honored tradition.

p.s. This thread made me seriously ROFL because I’m listening to 80’s and 90’s music on YouTube and REM’s Everybody Hurts comes on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody cries
Everybody hurts, sometimes

Fitting.

6 Likes

Not as funny as a portal to Stonard being placed on top of the portal to Wintergrasp :rofl:

2 Likes

I remember a priest getting suspended for dispelling magic buffs on players.

1 Like

Can’t you just right click the LFR button and teleport back to the raid if you somehow fall for that trick?

3 Likes

The Dalaran Crater portal was practically made to prank players. Blizzard has enabled griefing in the past, on purpose. They just don’t want it going too far, by whatever standard.

I still don’t understand how you can “grief with portals” in LFR when you have an instant option to TP out or into the raid.

4 Likes

Lmao

2 Likes

this pretty much, just teleport back

4 Likes

I guess the boss was pulled and it locked everyone out after they ported?

I’m still surprised that people will fall for a portal with 1/3 or 2/3 bosses in a wing down.

So, the answer to your title is no.

Absolutely bloody not.

Does it suck when you accidently click on the Hillsbrad portal created by a mage? Yes. Obviously you’d rather be in Valdrakken, Stormwind/Orgrimmar or your capital city of choice. But that portal is a spell created by Blizzard themselves. A mage getting suspended for casting it is so monumentally stupid I am surprised you’re even asking. It’s not there because of a bug, glitch or anything of that nature and you have to click on it for it to send you anywhere, so a bit of self-awareness will ensure you don’t make that mistake.

It’s a bit of harmless trolling that ultimately hurts no one.

2 Likes

And the Warlocks summoning off the edge.

You can still troll with locks, place a lock gate on top of a boss, then place a lock stone on top of the portal, fun times seeing people in LFR lock gate on top of the boss.

There’s been plenty of trolling over the years, been good fun.