Should a CM be snarky on twitter?

The bad story combined with the horrid azerite system is to me what makes it quite horrid. Yes there are a lot of parts that are working(and even fun), but gear is a massive issue and ya they will supposedly fix in in 8.2 but we have no clue when that is or if it will be n actual fix.

WoD wasn’t irredeemable either, but its severe lack of content killed it. This ones issue is going to be not a lack of content, but just a lack of investment. I’d say this is probably the worst received expansion, even by WoD’s standard.

I mean, look at the us president and his twitter. Think people’s priorities are whacked.

his twitter bio says all his opinions are his alone. he doesnt represent the companies views. only his own.

Yeah but in most industries, if you have an employee mocking your customers publicly, they tend to not keep their job very long.

1 Like

Yep. Definitely true, and not the only singular problem with the game’s design. Tanks specifically feel pretty awful to play, there aren’t very many abilities left to them. On most of mine, I don’t even need additional keybinds. I can do everything that needs doing with modifier keys and the first five number keys.

The class design is uninspired and overpruned, and makes gameplay feel much more reactionary, like the enemy AI always has the initiative. That’s something that bothers the hell out of me, but I still don’t think it’s irredeemable.

Legendaries were annoying especially if you needed specific ones, and a lot of classes feel gutted without our artifact weapons. A lot of specs don’t feel complete. Azerite traits are just terrible and feel terrible, they don’t feel like they belong and its stupid that we are basically just renting this gear until the next xpac launches.

They didn’t even expand on mythic dungeons, they could have made seasons out of them that reward cosmetics. for getting certain times or something. lazy game design all over.

It is literally a worse version of Legion in every way. Nothing really improved from the previous expansion, while quite a few things took a step back. That’s pretty much the definition of a “bad expansion”.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree with that. This is the general feeling I get from them, especially during Q and A.

They seem incredibly deluded, not just snarky. Players actually say EXACTLY what they like, or don’t like, then the devs say, "No, but removing these portals you ACTUALLY USED makes the world seem “larger” and causes more “interaction.”

First off, removing those portals does NEITHER of those things. It just wastes more time, so if you are wasting more time you are not using that time to interact with players.

It isn’t a case of me thinking anymore that THEY don’t play the game, rather it is a case of me thinking that they think WE don’t play the game. We obviously PLAY THE GAME, so we know when they are "blowing smoke."

1 Like

Yes, stop expecting your idea of pc to be followed by everyone.

No you didn’t. The only reason you put this here was to stir up drama.

1 Like

Doesnt matter what he says. He still links it to his Job. He can still be held accountable by Activision

1 Like

Well until they fix this stuff i’d consider it irredeemable. Considering their communication is not existent, especially since that stupid portal change.

Eh, I don’t care. I’m not paying him, and don’t have to listen to him. If Blizzard endorses it as a company that’s another thing.

We’ve had snarky CMs and devs in the past. It’s all about the topic, the current mood of the game (and how likely people are to take a shot) as well as the perceived intent behind the comments.

Private account or not he still represents Blizzard.

Do you think your employer would not do something to you if you said something about your companies customer base on your private twitter or face book account ?

If you do you are sadly mistaken , especially if you think you are protected by freedom of speech. That only protects you from the government.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one. The talk of the Azerite gear change, the preview of 8.2 that’s been shown, and flying being available in the 8.2 zones as well as Zandalar and Kul Tiras seem to be things that move in the right direction.

Class complexity/intricacy leaves a lot to be desired right now, but I can let that slide if there’s fun stuff to do, even if I’d prefer everything to be fun by virtue of class design.

1 Like

No

/10chara

I agree that there is plenty of precedent for punishment in these situations. I just think in the coming years we need to rethink our norms for social media. I don’t have the answer for what the proper norms should be. How we achieve them. Or anything really.

People are stupid and fallible. They get frustrated. They say stupid things.

If we keep on the current trajectory of our vindictive behavior towards others on social media, I don’t think it will lead us in a direction that is healthy.

I agree people have called for devs to be fired but they weren’t .

It was his fellow CMs that lost their jobs. Not all but I’m guessing quite a few including the Yak.

Instead of going hey I appriciate that all of you voiced your concerns over the layoffs of my fellow CMs, he goes and attacks the player base over something that has not happened.

1 Like

It’s not going to change, though, because it makes sense from a company standpoint. If someone is badmouthing a company/customers on their social media, this can chase away potential customers, which hurts a company’s bottom line. It doesn’t matter if they say their thoughts don’t represent their company or not, they can still have real world effects on business.

For all the crap the CM’s have to put up with from so many whiney self entitled baby types on the forums, I’d give him a pass on his opinion.

THat for the most part is because those are the 2 we see the most because of the Q&As . So they are pretty much defacto faces of the franchise.