Shell game deadlocks WoW

Try this guys. It worked for me
Try this exactly into the game chat box:
/script LeaveParty ()

Thats a different issue then Wolfmarboro. The game is hard locking and needs to be killed in Task Manager - it’s not possible to type anything into chat because the game is non responsive.

having the same problem right now with the shell game wq in zulduzar. first time it froze and I have done it 3 more times with no credit for completing it. wth is going on?

Shell Game - Zuldazar @ 37,79 South West of the island. It’s locking my game too, and when doesn’t, I do not get credit after matching everything. After relogin multiple times it finally completes.
EDIT: Windows 10 build 1903, I’ll update to newest and see if it happens on my other toons.

Edit 2: updated to 1909, still happening.

Happens to me too - both factions, multiple characters, with or without any addons, and on Windows 10 1809. Sometimes it locks up the game, other times you’ll match everything and not get credit (blank parchment background remains there indefinitely). After 5-6 attempts it finally gave credit.

also happening to me

Im having the same issue. and also having frame freezing in mechagon map. All started since 3 days ago. probably has something to do with WIN10 1909 update patch.

Not just win 1909, I am getting the issue an I am still on Win 1903

Same problem. Started today random game freezing. Also, during the Shell Game it completes but I’m left stuck in the map with no credit awarded for completion. It appears fixed by disabling all add-ons.

+1 to this thread. Been driving me crazy all week. Tried no mods and same thing. Had to force quit the game and finally on 4th attempt the game completed.

The only windows patch for me was:

November 12, 2019—KB4524570 (OS Builds 18362.476 and 18363.476)

This was done on 11-12th.

I did upgrade the build to 1909 on the 11-15th.

This morning I tested the shell game and the game is still locking up.

I’m having the same issue on a shell game world quest in Stormsong Valley. It’s happened to me on shell game world quests in other zones as well, both on Kul’Tiras and Zandalar. I wanted to get Tortollan rep doing my Storm’s Wake emissary, but the only world quest up for Tortollans in Stormsong Valley is the shell game one that crashes WoW. This is on Windows 10 1903.

it appears that the issue has been traced back to the addon World Quest Lists

are any of you not using this addon?

Nobully is correct. I disabled World Quest Lists and was able to complete the shell game world quest with no issues.

It looks like that was the addon that allowed me to place icons over the shells to mark which symbol i saw after clicking on it.

I’ve also disabled the WQL addon, but I am still left with a blank parchment at the end. It doesn’t complete the quest, no rep or reward and no way to exit the mini-game.

when an addon plays up, disabling it doesn’t always help.
it’s still loaded.

And furthermore, the changes the addon made to the UI environment when it last ran (cvars, settings, etc.) aren’t backed out just because the addon is disabled.

1 Like

Gotcha! Well I even tried deleting the addon and reloading the game without it and I get the same thing. A blank parchment at the end of the successful game. It usually takes closing the game 3-4 times before i can get it to finally work. Doesn’t sound like it is an addon issue there.

Still broken. What a shocker. Small indie startup.

i am having the same issues when i click on the quest my game freezes.