Shell game deadlocks WoW

Every time I find and attempt to complete a “shell game” world quest for the torotollans, it deadlocks WoW. I’ve tried with all addons disabled and scanned WoW to repair. Same issue regardless. This started after Tuesdays updates.

13 Likes

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well.

1 Like

Or, I’ll complete the entire puzzle, and the game won’t complete/register completion, and I have to exit and start over.

After about doing this 4-5 times, it finally works.

Having the same issue with the Shell Game WQ in Vol’dun @ Terrace of the devoted. Deadlocks the game and when I can do the WQ I complete it but does not give credit.

Having the same issue on multiple characters with a combination of all addons disabled and enabled.

Sometimes WoW freezes before I can start the matching game, and other times I complete the game and the WQ gets stuck and unable to complete.

Same thing just happened to me. I was finally able to complete it after multiple tries.

First: Game froze upon starting the shell game. Had to Alt+F4.

Second: Was able to finish the shell game but was left with blank parchment with no way out of the minigame. Was able to log out this time.

Third: Logged back in to find my character in a different part of Vol’dun than when I logged out seconds earlier. I was finally able to complete the shell game and get credit. Unfortunately the game froze again as I made my way to the flight master.

Also of note: I had clicking sounds in game every time it froze.

Crashes majority of the time. When it actually lets me play, it won’t actually complete the wq after matching everything. Logging out (not forcibly closing) after completing the quest (but it not registering) teleported me when I logged back in.

Same. With addons or without. Ether the games locks/ have to alt-f4 or I finish the game but does not exit the shell game/ does not give me credit.

The game also locks when I use my own mount to fly across zones.

1 Like

I had this problem yesterday.

I had to log out of the game several times before it finally worked.

I’ll add to this as well.

WoW crashed with some kind of memory error message with a bug report option (I neglected to save it so I don’t have details on the actual error) when I clicked on the shell game quest giver, before even accepting it and starting the mini game.

After the crash and logging back in I had the same issue as reported by others, I would complete the game but not get credit for it and it just sat there with a black parchment graphic.

After completely closing the game and logging back in again, it was finally functioning at that point.

Something changed.

Still an issue. either crashes/freezes or wont complete.

I can confirm that this is still an issue in Vol’Dun.

I’m curious. Did you all recently do the Windows feature update (version 1909)? I think it might be causing some hick-ups with the game.

I’m on Windows 10 1909, don’t know about the others.

build 18362. just had another crash

Having Same issue

Also encountering this issue! With and without addons enabled.

Having the same issue as well, in Zuldazar.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue.