Share your PC builds

I do agree that 16Gb is more than enough for most games these days. The only reason I went 32Gb is that I also do video editing and processing work, so the extra RAM allows me to do that much faster than 16Gb would. Hell, I’m planning on going to 64Gb of RAM eventually just so I can max this thing out… Then I’ll be upgrading the processor, and one day the GPU (As soon as 3090s stop being made out of the rarest available materials and scalpers stop buying them)

Man, it has to be better than my two tin cans on a long piece of string.

1 Like

A cheap, $600 gaming PC I found on Amazon.

[Ryzen & GTX 1050 Ti Edition] SkyTech Archangel Gaming Computer Desktop PC Ryzen 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400, 1TB HDD, 24X DVD, Wi-Fi USB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Why would RTX 2060s still be on backorder? No one is going out looking for obsolete GPUs!

I used a chrome addon called distill.io, i had it set refreshing an amazon search result for 3090s every 15 seconds.

I specifically had it set to monitor the text “# result for rtx 3090” and alert me the instant it saw that number change…

took a few days but after many false positives, I eventually had my hands on a real 3090 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

3090 so far best investment pc wise I done, no regrets

And future proof myself for atleast 4 years I hope haha

best investment until they release it’s successor and it’s price cuts in half instantly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Then it’s just a feeling of disapointment :wink:

I know this feeling all too well, i had a 1080 ti and 2080 ti before this 3090

Haha we all feel that, I was running 1080ti sli till I got my 3090!.

Depends how much you spent on it. If you overpaid, and also what kind of games you play. Its not a worthwhile investment to get a 3090 only to play WoW, a 1070 can still do max settings on WoW no problem.

I beg to differ. I got my 3090 specifically for WoW. I do not really play any other games.

However the difference, and the reason why I need a 3090 is that I play @4K 120hz with settings maxed in wow :stuck_out_tongue:

anything lower struggles and comes no where near 120 fps or becomes a slideshow @4k in wow with sliders maxed.

A RTX 2080 Ti is sufficient to do 4k, I suppose its personal preference if you want to future proof, but I don’t believe its worthwhile to buy the 3090 now, when in 6 months it’ll be 50% off compared to now.

In Australia RTX 3090s go from $3100-$3500… it’s a rip off regardless, but I play other games flawlessly now.

1 Like

I bought a laptop 8 months ago just for wow cause I was going through housing issues, its an I7 10th gen but I can only play at graphics setting 4, any higher and the lag is obvious. (no built-in graphics) Now that housing issue is over, I have a 24in monitor plugged into laptop and I am mostly happy, I just wish I could play at setting 7 or 8 and with a budget of $1000 or less for a used desktop.

Old I5 is cheap on ebay, I was thinking I could just add ram and good 3d card but am unsure.

not at all without compromise. I had a 2080ti before my current 3090: https://i.imgur.com/eCISzk6.jpg

And I couldn’t play with settings maxed out, was forced to play at quality levels 7 (and this was before ray tracing was added to wow too, so none of that), and only CMAA (no MSAA) to push around the 120-140 range on just a 144hz 1440p monitor at the time.

Believe it or not, I’m still running an i7-2600k with a 1050ti. I have no complaints with WoW (there are several settings I always turn down anyway and in most games.) It is challenged with Far Cry.

(I’m planning to do a new build when GPU prices drop.)

1 Like

would be longer than 6 months, lifecycles of flagship cards tend to be ~2 years. all you need to do is look back to the flagships of the 10 (2016), and 20 (2018) series. they each got about 2 years worth of value until they were superseded by their successor…

Also the 20 series currently has a slight extension in value due to the continuation of zero stock of the 30 series which caused 20 series cards to rise back up in price recently (makes me regret selling my 20 series card when I got my 30 series cards as they are worth more today than a couple months ago).

Pentium 3, windows 98 with 256 GB ram and 64 MB graphic card. Wow runs like a boss :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I always lusted for an ATI Rage and Voodoo/Voodoo 2 card, however being a kid and no money of my own… unfortunately got stuck with non-cutting edge cards such as a Matrox Mystique and a Diamond S3 Savage 3D.

Only thing close to a Voodoo I eventually got was a 3dfx Banshee card

However this all changed once my parents got me a Creative Labs Geforce 256 Annihilator when those came along with nvidia’s “world first gpu”, it changed my life, suddenly GPUs was the new hotness, I was hooked and been with Nvidia ever since.

Especially since gaming forever changed around that time with games such as Half-Life having been released around that time and seeing a major improvement in performance with the geforce 256 versus other brands (or at least what I had before it at the time)

1 Like

i9-9900k @5.1ghz
ASUS MAXIMUS XI Formula mobo
32gb Corsair Dominator ram
RTX 3080 (vertically mounted)
2x 500Gb Samsung 970 Pro M.2 drives
Corsair Hydro X custom loop (2x Corsair 280mm rads, EK cpu block, Corsair gpu block, Corsair pump…loop also runs through the mobo’s VRM block)
Corsair Crystal 680x case
2x ASUS 27" 2k 165hz gysnc

Shes beautiful

1 Like

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/f7ed5d9d-544b-4b5e-bc7f-0042cf6aa552/svn/stainless-steel-black-decker-pop-up-toasters-t4030-c3_600.jpg

3 Likes