Share your Favorite WoW Memory. Mount Giveaway Over

I love the people complaining about the mount, saying the company is greedy. That’s what a business is, it’s only job is to make a product that brings in money, there is no such thing as greed when it comes to that.

1 Like

I took 9 months away from WoW during Pandaria. When I came back, with the catch up mechanism for pvp, I had an available 20k conquest that I could acquire all at once. I had the funnest time capping my hunter/rogue and mage. I met SO MANY PEOPLE when I posted “looking for conquest cap.” I’d cap their 4k, then move on to someone else.

During that time, I met someone who also needed a big cap. His druid and my hunter seemed to do well. SO MUCH FUN doing 2’s that we decided to give some 3’s a whirl. Living on different coasts, we swapped ph. #’s to text when the other would be on.

After several weeks I get this call at 3 am. Most time I wouldn’t even look up to see who is calling let alone answer. Well I ended up answering. It was my arena partner. As soon as I answered, he started crying. He said that I was his last chance. He tried to call EVERY friend he had and no one had answered. He was having a really tough time and had decided that if no one was going to answer, he was going to do something crazy where the end results was his life ending.

We ended up talking for 2 more hours. In the end he promised me that nothing bad would happen and thanked me several times for answering the phone.

Just reminded me that we all are actual people behind those WoW avatar’s that could be struggling in real life at any time.

6 Likes

I have a few favorite memories… most of them aren’t heartwarming like a lot of other peoples stories are, they’re more-so funny (in my eyes at least hahaha)
So, when I was new-ish to the game I went to Elwynn on my horde char (can’t remember why) and saw like, TONS of hordies at Goldshire. I went over there and they weren’t even doing anything, just chilling with the Alliance people with pvp on. I hung out with them for a bit and we were all just chilling together, communicating by /emotes lol. The utter trust we all had in each other…
Another one is the time I went on my lvl 10 gnome mage to the brewfest dungeon with my friend, another gnome mage. I accidentally did an AoE around the boss and got 2 mobs… I was like “Oh, that isn’t so bad!” But then I realized they were lvl 25… and I was like “Oh, that’s worse…” and then they chain-pulled like, 5 other mobs, and then THOSE mobs chain-pulled 5 other mobs… until (almost) the whole room was pulled. I also had rp macro things, so when I did my abilities, I would say something or yell something… and as all the mobs were on me I Blinked and said something like “Time and space bends to my will!! Can you hope to defeat me?!?” right as I died. LOL

Another time was when I was on another mage with the same friend and we were doing Cata dungeons. Well, I learned that when you polymorph things they regenerate health. And I also learned that Cata bosses can be polymorphed. So, me and my friend who were BOTH mages kept on polymorphing every boss right as they were about to die, back to full health. There was also another mage in this one dungeon, so there were 3 mages, and that mage kept on switching specs so we kept on switching specs. It sounds so dumb but honestly it was so funny hahaha. I hope that never gets fixed.

2 Likes

Indeed! Always nice to see the community supporting and giving back to one another. I’ll make sure this stays up towards the top for everyone to have a chance at it. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

When I first played the game in vanilla, I had no idea what raiding was. Then Burning Crusade hit, and I got a little interested and a guild found me on my Shadow Priest. The guild you see on this very Rogue. We cleared Gruuls, farmed Loot Reaver, eventually cleared Hyjal then stepped into Black Temple.

Black Temple was hard. We weren’t good enough yet to compete for first kills. Except when we finally reached Illidan. I did okay damage, but was there as a mana battery. I didn’t mind. But we had so so so many wipes. Some people quit, some people rerolled. But we were getting closer and closer. We wiped on Illidan for a few weeks and it was painful but we still kept trying.

When one of our main healers also a Priest had to go because he had to do something in the morning. Finding a healer replacement was hard, so I did the unthinkable and offered to switch to Holy. We found a dps replacement and tried it with that, since we still had a few pulls left. Mind you, my healing experience was just messing around in BGs.

First pull, holy crap, we did pretty good? We got to the final phase. I’m not that bad at healing, somehow I got 2nd in healing. 2 pulls later, we’re in the final phase again, healers oom, but he’s so close. He’s trapped! I bust out my wand, everyone throws everything they can. We finally did it! Our entire Vent server screaming. What an amazing feeling. To put that much work into something that hard. To top it off, the guilds crappy Shadow Priest managed to get #1 in healing on the charts.

“So you wanna switch to healer permanently??” Nahhhh. I’m good being the guild mana battery.

3 Likes

Already got mount so don’t need it or any other store since I have them all but wanted to share a memory.

Was back in MOP and I have been playing around trying to get into being a hunter but always ran into the get to 20 then delete issue cause would delete them around 20. It wasn’t until MOP I started really wanting to break the cycle so made a Worgen hunter and got them actually past 20 and kept going.

As they leveled I learned more of the class and kept going until the day when they hit max level. Finally broke the cycle and it got me into liking hunters a lot to where most of my alts are now hunters.

Not to mention it was this same hunter if I remember who also got Invincible.

1 Like

My favorite wow story of all time : Emerald Dream alliance , guild on cool down/ Relax . We defeated algalon 25 man in ulduar for the realm first Celestial defender title! The coffer chest with the loot was broken so we had to put in a ticket to get the loot. In the meantime we proceed to yogg Saron to clear the lockout.

A gm had been watching our yogg attempts while talking to our guild master Brett. Brett told the GM we were an all pirate RP guild and we wanted our rightfully earned plunder. Well, after the yogg kill, an actual GM appeared in the boss room. She was a female dranei dressed in a full pirate outfit ( pre transmog days).

The GM transformed all of us into pirates similar to the pirate wands for Halloween even though it was august ! Some of us even turned into slimes and giraffes! The GM roleplayed with us next to the body of yogg Saron for some time while fixing our algalon loot issues . After that was taken care of we all hearthed to dalaran in our pirate transformations and had a full on parade celebrating our realm first kill. That was the only time I have ever seen an actual GM in game and they were fantastic!

Character is my mage Tyra from Emerald dream

edited for missing guild name

3 Likes

At the risk of hubris, give the cat to someone else who otherwise doesn’t have a spare $25.

Our guild was always about a group of friends so that often meant having to find one or two people to pug with us. Back then people trying to put raids together would essentially beg over general. Unlike everyone else with lists of classes, specs and gear score we asked that they be willing to learn and have a sense of humor. Naturally, we got people way under-geared but we really preferred a good attitude over elitist jerks.

So, we’re running Sarth 10 man and really struggling even on trash. We finally realize we’re in 25, not 10. We’re all on Vent and it’s like this giggling started when someone mentioned the Less is More achievement and we said our guild motto, “Oh what the heck.” We added two more puggies for a total of 12 for 25 man. I won’t bore you with the details but we did it after a lot of wipes as we figured out the strategy that worked with the 12 folks we had. It was filled with laughter and our four puggies had a great night for upgrades as we were a rare example of a loot council working fairly.

One of those occasions where all the wrong elements came together with humor and patience. Oh, two of the puggies became guildies.

5 Likes

The one tree in Orgrimmar’s Drag.

We’d first encountered each other at an RP event for bank alts. It was goofy. I dressed up… well, I didn’t dress up. My character wore the same Robes of Arugal she had since forever. There were a lot of coin and bank jokes made. Bottles of various alcohols passed around. Some people were more IC than others. I remember a huge tauren in some simple leathers and a young lady in a fancy dress. I remember laughter. But more than anything, I remember an elven man in the Haliscan set. I knew the player under another name, a different, more… death-like appearance more like my own, so this was new. He made a few comments about my lovely bones (yes, they were exposed), but the words were so overly flowery that it was impossible to be insulted. Not quite charmed but definitely entertained. Our characters parted ways at the end of the party.

The next night, we arranged to have our characters meet again in Orgrimmar. We needed a landmark, and we chose the lonely tree in the Drag. It was a shadowy place, but that didn’t really matter. He brought a bottle of alcohol and a book that turned out to be pretty lewd. We talked - and our characters talked - for hours. Sometimes it was just pure banter back and forth, a give and take of not-quite-but-also-definitely flirting. Other times it devolved into discussions of economics and banking and complaining about IC clients (we were bank alts, after all). Pretty soon, it was more morning than night.

We returned to that tree for months. My memory of that place will always be precious. Of course, it’s a lot easier to talk to the person behind the character now, seeing as we share a home as well as our hearts. :slight_smile:

[edit] I couldn’t find a screenshot of us under the tree, but I did find one of the bank alt party, circa 2009: https : // imgur . com/YkjI2Hr

3 Likes

Nice seeing you here! You are a bit of a legend on these forums Rhielle. Thanks for sharing that nice story and beautiful screen shot.

1 Like

slinks back into corner

That’s not necessarily a good thing. lol

But I’m happy to see this thread here and some real community togetherness. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks you for being so kind. If you win I will notify you and the #2 pick. The mount will go to the #2 as you requested. I was going to only name the winner here but I am doing the drawing of names 3 times for reasons like this. So if the winner doesn’t want it or doesn’t respond within the 24 hours it can move down to the next selectee.

This is a very kind gesture and sharing your experience :hearts:

2 Likes

My favorite WoW memory will always be when I met my husband.
It was a September night in 2009, I was about to log out for the night when this warlock came up to me and said “Hi”, I figured I should stick around a moment longer to reply to this person as to not be rude. I’m very happy I decided to take just a moment more. He was asking if I was questing in the area and if I’d like to group up for them. I replied that I’d love to quest with him, but sadly I had to go for the night as I was about to logout when he walked up to me and said “hi” - I just didn’t want to vanish without responding. Before I left I said that we could add to friend list and if he still wanted to group for quests tomorrow I’d be back on.

Over the next few days we did a lot of quests together and chatted, we ended up deciding to make 2 new characters together. We made a druid and rogue combo, that way we could stealth by difficult stuff together. Leveling the druid and rogue was so much fun, after a couple weeks we often found we were just sitting and chatting more than running around playing so we exchanged yahoo messengers. We continued chatting in and out of the game a few more weeks went by and we decided to move on to Skype, now we could talk and play.

In April the following year we decided to meet in person, it was strange! Here this stranger was, because irl he was a stranger, but it didn’t feel like meeting a stranger at all. We hugged when we met and it just felt right, it felt like hugging a loved one you just had been separated from for too long. A year later we got engaged and in February 2012 we got married.

He quit playing WoW at the start of WoD, but he came back for classic and it’s been a blast playing together again :blush: I still play modern wow too, can’t give up on my main hunter. It’s been a lot of fun playing both versions, I love modern WoW but it’s been so much fun seeing and experiencing the pre-Cata world again.

3 Likes

As I stated in my FAQ. If you win you will be able to select another store mount of 25$ value in its place. Thanks very much for your kind words. Have a memory to share?

Apologies if you’ve detailed this elsewhere in the thread, but how exactly will you go about randomly choosing the winner? I mean, what are the actual steps involved in this? I’m very curious, as I may want to do a small giveaway of my own sometime for a pet perhaps; so please explain.

The steps?

• Respond on the thread sharing your favorite memory you have in wow.
  • Dont be edgy and say things like the day I unsub and try to derail this thread because that will disqualify you. You have to share an actual memory. Its that simple.
  • I draw a name of a person at random
  • That person wins. I quote them and tell them in this thread they won.
  • The winner must at that time Quote and include their Battletag within 24hours. If you dont want to share you battletag in the thread (See FAQ for how that will be handled) the mount will be gifted to his/her battlenet account.
1 Like

Thank you for explaining. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. We will not add your name to the list as requested. Thanks again for sharing your story

Perhaps you missed my post. It’s the 39th post in the thread. Here, I’ll quote it below.

Refer specifically to the second sentence of the first paragraph ~

"My personal favorite memory in WoW is soloing the Warlock epic mount quest chain from start to finish back in Wrath when I was brand new to WoW."

I did miss it! Your name was just added to the bowl :hearts: