Shards of Domination Tuning Incoming

We’re currently working on a change that will make upgrading your Shards of Domination more rewarding in Sanctum of Domination. Specifically, we’re making it so that the bonuses this system grants you while in Sanctum of Domination, Torghast, Korthia, or the Maw grow in power over time.

With this change, the Blood Link, Winds of Winter, and Chaos Bane rune words will grow based on the strength of the Shards that are granting them to you. For example, if you upgrade your three Blood shards (Shard of Bek, Shard of Jas, and Shard of Rev) from their base form to Ominous Shards, the power of your Blood Link bonus will increase.

While these bonuses are not yet in play, we wanted to give you an early notice about this change to help ensure that as you spend Stygian Embers on Shard upgrades, you have as much information on hand as possible.

15 Likes

Shouldn’t this have been done before releasing it ? :thinking:

95 Likes

You expected them to plan ahead and “test” systems ahead of time?

They shoot from the hip on nearly everything.

"Good enough" - Blizzard Motto.

62 Likes

Tome of Insight

:joy:

5 Likes

didnt Ion say there wouldnt be new systems in systemlands after the initial patch?

47 Likes

More one trick pony systems…

12 Likes

Wonder how much of this tuning will be retuned after mythic week / WF kills.

2 Likes

24 Likes

:man_shrugging:

7 bosses down 1 shard that isnt even useful apparently from the first information that is out there for my spec… I guess we’re back to feel bad next week because of RNG and outside of player output/control.

Also… I still barely understand the system in general but okey.

10 Likes

I would harken their motto nowadays is:

Blizztavision: Eh, close enough.

Narrator: It was, in fact, nowhere near close enough.

18 Likes

This is why Blizzard is reluctant to give us nice things.

They’ve anticipated people yelling about something, and said “Here, we’re fixing this before you have a chance to complain about it. Because it’s something you haven’t encountered yet.”

Would you rather they’d have waited to announce this?

1 Like

Yeah that must be it.

8 Likes

“We’re gonna let gear be gear!” - Ion the liar.

24 Likes

I got frost shoulders and a unholy/blood gems…rip.

He said that…but thats not what he said in his head.

You believed him?

5 Likes

Ion says a lot of things. That doesn’t make them true.

5 Likes

please, enough with the systems :frowning:

11 Likes

These developers are a joke, as are the clowns who wrote the nonsense Sylvanus cinematic.

This game is an absolute clown fiesta.

14 Likes

Well that’s a fast tuning pass.

1 Like