Sharding Issues Still

I was on Mechagon killing Killsaw and my husband who plays on the same server as I wanted to help me kill him. So I invited my husband to group and as soon as I did, Killsaw was gone because once again I got moved to the shard where my husband was… even though I was the group leader. This is getting really frustrating especially considering we PLAY ON THE SAME REALM for a reason. I’m still confused as to how this is supposed to work. It seems broken to me. Is there a way to guarantee that you will be on the same shard as the group leader and not get moved? If so, please tell me the trick.

Not sure where I submitted it. I may have submitted it in game.

But this can happen regardless of grouping and on elites as well as rare. It may happen on normal mobs as well but they so fast you may not notice.

Another player moving near you(possibly not on the same shard) then jumps you into their shard despite you being in combat in your shard.

I suspect its supposed to help you both complete the quest. Too bad all I would have needed was another 5 seconds of dps to complete…