Sharding alternatives

Am I the only one who prefer to sit in a 5 hour queue than having Blizzard use sharding at all? Because let’s be honest, once you open the door for sharding, what’s stopping them for using it in the future such as the AQ events etc. it absolutely kills what Vanilla is all about. It shouldn’t exist. I personally don’t believe at all that it will be used only in the 1-10 zones.

24 Likes
  • 1mread time

• 2topics viewed

• 2posts read

I beat u to it!

8 Likes

Wow, that is so insightful, i can’t believe there weren’t already a dozen threads with thousands of collective replies espousing the same views and citing the same reasons.

2 Likes

? I just leveled a character so I can post. What is the point you are trying to make exactly?

3 Likes

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

He probably saw some other people in other threads with their witty “0 posts” responses to trolls and thought that this was his moment to shine. Even though your post is well meaning.

11 Likes

So well meaning!

2 Likes

I understand there are a lot of topics, but to be honest I feel like that is the biggest issue the game faces at the moment. So the more attention people bring to it, the more likely it is for Blizzard to take some sort of action.

2 Likes

So the problem is u thinking Blizzard will lie and use sharding everywhere?

:clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

I honestly don’t think anyone believes the devs are lying, just that they’re making assurances that are not within their authority to make and the assurances that have been made have been incredibly vague.

If we were being told that sharding would only be used at launch and in “extreme” situations where it is neccessary to prevent server crashes by someone who actually had the power to ensure that, THEN we would think they were lying, or at least intentionally misleading.

If you cheap out on servers hard enough, you can argue that sharding is necessary for server stability any time there are more than 15 people in a zone.

4 Likes

Meh… they know we would burn blizzard down if that were to happen.

Sharding thread #888

1 Like

“Player genuinely excited for classic makes first post in Classic Discussion Forum, making their opinions on sharding known. Local man OUTRAGED, more at 10, back to you Thrall.”

12 Likes

U mean troll goes on alt to make thread Numbero 8888888 with a poor explanation of why he thinks something will suck…

:clap:t2: well :clap:t2: done

1 Like

yes. yes you are.

4 Likes

Unfortunately no they are not, however anyone who holds this position needs to seek actual help. Because that kind of mentality is not healthy.

Luckily Blizzard isn’t going to allow 5 hour wait times unless there are just way more people than they are expecting.

1 Like

no, no she’s not hehe

i was watching the classic demo vids on youtube and this guy was about to challenge a guy to a duel, and he phased to new shard. that’s game breaking.

3 Likes

Well, you’re not the only one unhappy with any inclusion of sharding.

Personally, I’ve said in several threads that I won’t be playing for the first month at least, and even how much and how long I play will depend on their longer-term decision. If Blizzard keeps it as a backup solution for other things like crowded cities or Blackrock Mountain on prime-time raid night, I only stick around long enough to complete my main goal. If they hold to their implied goal of not using it past the starting zones, I jump in with both feet and go altoholic for years of play.

Actually a lot of people feel that way. I make sure to make a thread about it every two weeks or so and staying vocal is important. Blizzard will listen. I don’t want to even see a second of sharding. Having a 1000 people in a starting zone with real - not dynamic - spawn timers is not going to fly for blizzard and it might crash servers. They need a Dynamic q system that just increases slowly over time. People will have to fight for mobs, cactus apples, and crap on the ground. It’s part of the game. They could probably have the Q completely gone in 24 hours if they do it right. Sharding would exist for at least a week if they went down that spiral.

1 Like