Shammy totem bars disappear

From time to time my shammy in WoTLK prepatch will have the mini totem call bar disappear and not even be able to be used at all. It does it randomly. I was standing there talking to a friend and the bar simply vanished. It then randomly came back. And sometimes totemic recall will disappear off of the end of the mini bar as well while the others still stay there. This happens every time I move even a single individual totem onto my action bars to bind it separately.

If this persists then this could be a major inconvenience for shammy play. It once went away from my bars for over two straight hours, then randomly came back on. Standing in game on her right now. If you see this bug report, please fix with next sever shutdown. One is coming in 8 minutes.

14 Likes

I can attest to this bug. Seems to occur for no reason in particular, but the bar comes back if I do a /reload. Pretty annoying, as the totem bar hotkeys do nothing if I don’t notice it disappeared.

10 Likes

Just happened to me today. did a quick /reload and it came back

3 Likes

Same, mine has been doing that too. I removed totem timers addon and it still does it

Same here. I have removed all of my bar addons (bartender 4) and the issue persists. reload of the UI brings it back for a time, but it eventually occurs again. Pretty inconvenient to lose your totems right before you engage.

Thanks

This happens when I first log into the game. I’ll do a /reload and the totem bar appears.

1 Like

I was able to just relog and it corrected but today I find I can not resotre by simply reloging. It is just not displaying at all any more.

Yep, same thing here. Tested with no addons whatsoever, so it’s definitely an issue with the game itself.

Any fix? Totem bar disappears and have to do a reloadui for them to come back.

I can attest that it happens, for me, 90% of the time simply loading into world.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that this is still occuring. quite literally everytime i start the game i have to reload the interface in order to play my shammy correctly.

blizz, what the heck is going on???

I just got this and I randomly moved my totem in my inventory and the bar came back, no need to reloadui.

4 Likes

Same thing, when I want to play my shaman I have to load her in and do an immediate reload or the totems aren’t there.

If I move the Totem of Earthen Ring to another bag slot (any), the totem bars appear again.

Getting same thing but mine happens when I first log in EVERY time. I have no totem based add-ons.

Added to the big bug report

Another patch today, and they’re still broken…

This happens to me as well every time I log in, all 3 of the totem call hot bars are missing. This happens whether I have addons installed or not. I have to log in and then immediately have to do a /reload ui to get them to show up.

Just did a couple random tests. If you don’t have a relic yet and are still carrying all 4 of your elemental totems in your bag, just moving one around will get the bar to come up. If you have a relic and are no longer carrying the totems in your bags, since the relic now counts for all totems, you can remove the relic and reequip it, or swap if you have more than one relic, and the bar will come back without having to do a reload. Still, these are annoying in having to do in order to make part of the shaman interface show up correctly.

Same here. I’ve also had a variant of this where if I log in with my elemental spec active, my totem bar only has Totem of Wrath until I /reload.

January 2023 still broken

1 Like