Shamans are irreversably broken in PVP

And what does it mean?
You think you’ll be unlucky on loot? Welcome to wow mate.

Anyone who doesn’t agree with this for classic really doesn’t know or care much about pvp. This isn’t an alliance asking for horde nerfs thing, it’s a way ahead of their time thing compared to other classes. Without runes and the major damage shift that we have, classic PvP is very survivable (and rather boring), however now that classes are juiced up the amount of utility enhance shamans have along with their damage is very broken on a strictly balancing argument. I don’t really think they’ll change much because classic PvP is pretty bad overall, just have to wait and see what % reduced damage they roll out with

3 Likes

Kinda wish Alliance have Shamans, then I can reroll Shaman immediately.

Shamans have been OP for so long and Blizz is obviously okay with it. So, instead of explaining to them how they should make the game, the simple way is to just rerollin Shaman.

5 Likes

How is viper sting an issue for a shaman? And you can freedom thru the trap…

I chuckle because I both abuse this power and agree it is broken.

I knew DW on a class with imbues designed around 1 weapon in the classic era of balance would be already, overpowered. They should have just made enhance a 2h focused class or reworked all of the imbues, we know which one was easier and in the spirit of classic. People incorrectly assume 2h would make the burst too high, but with twin windfury on the lowest icd in classic history and bonus offhand damage AND MAELSTROM WEAPON. It’s simply too powerful of a combination.

I also recall saying they shouldn’t push for spellhance or even traditional “wrath” enhance where the user casts spells because well, it either won’t work at all because of no spell power scaling, or worse… you give a melee class instant cast scaled SPELLS in a kit that won’t need a cast bar to do so.

If you think it’s bad now wait till we aren’t handicapped by incompetent devs who keep giving enhance trash 2.6 weapons and we get our hands on some 2.9’s. I remember blendering warriors in full Naxx T3 with twin high warlord cleavers in tbc prepatch, and the ICD was double what it is now, and I couldn’t even instant cast heal myself nor did I have spell power scaling lmfao!
Giving runes like Riptide instead tying to anything talent wise, is quite simply also way too strong for enhance. It could have been a rune that morphed based on talents chosen ? Idk.

Enhance should have been a more physical fighter with spells like CRASH lightning for cleave , sundering for a burst button, and maybe a book that made fire totems scale with AP or SP. it’s mana bar should have been used for totems and support buttons not be a full powered caster/healer plus melee.

8 Likes

Totems have been in the game for ages, they also use a bit of mana to put each of them down, also being 2mins for most of them means we are constantly putting them down in raids, also 5 min double wep imbues means that is another thing we have to maintain in raids also lightning shield, it all adds up over time.

Purge in pvp costs lots of mana and half the time we die before we can even purge enough off someone like in AB, I have done tons of AB.

Getting ghost wolf to be viable you need to put two talent points in which could be used elsewhere for more dps.

Shock spells have been like that forever.

Having lots we can do makes the class special it means no boring cast one thing over and over and applying 1 dot, no matter what they do to shaman people will always complain because they like complaining.

Also with bg’s I have been farming them to get r7 which has taken awhile, and at least for me shamans, well P3 anyway have only been 3 max, normally 1-2, the majority is rogues especially spriests and hunters, maybe it differs from person to person but for me that is how it is and we constantly lose blacksmith and lose most of our matches…

I have no clue, because my shaman experience is winning 95% of my games and dropping 30 bombs almost every game in AB, even did a 41 and 1 game with the damage nerf live.

Getting my defiler tabard quest done has never been easier than as a shaman putting my boot on the neck of the alliance every game.

The class ABSOLUTELY owns rn I’m ngl.

For wsg weekend, an arms warrior, a rogue , a feral, myself, and a disc priest. Camped all 10 people outside of their graveyard. They were getting 5v10’d on repeat. If priest is CC, I’m just bombing max ranked heals on the squad. Ripping sham rages for the mana. Doing all of the cleansing and offensive dispelling, and also doing the most damage lmao.

1 Like

You apparently love making things up! Terrified! Wow such adjectives!

Instead of looking at what the issues are, you’re just falling back on “hybrid tax” type arguments.

It’s lame.

Most of the reasons they didn’t do much with hybrids in vanilla were due to schedule and they hired some idiots players from EQ. You know people with no dev experience, but they sure played EQ well and harassed women.

I’m sure they were terrified! Or was that their female coworkers? World will never know…

Damn you got lucky then because I had the opposite, many matches I wanted to rip my hair out lol.

1 Like

If blizzard doesn’t gut shaman then the player base should gut blizzard.

Paladins have multiple immunity bubbles. And Lay on Hands. And Freedom. Miss me with this BS. I can’t help it if the paladins you play with are garbage. Shamans are not broken, the people you play with just suck.

4 Likes

Unhinged. They don’t need to gut shaman they just need certain massive changes they won’t do.

The amount of times I put totems down and nobody targets them like tremor totem, then watching a warlock or priest fear us haha.

Just stop.

I can’t stop, I gotta keep ownin.

yes, in this case all shamans

For a shaman to be effective in pvp:

Earth shock on CD.
Purge buffs.

Gg lol.

1 Like

Totems gain strength in a meta where you cannot afford an auto attack swing or gcd to counter them. They can also be teleported around instead of needing to be casted individually. Offensive dispel is also extremely powerful and it seems like everyone ignores this when comparing shaman to paladins.

3 Likes

Absolutely absurd of a comment when bubble has a 5 minute cooldown (along with a 1 minute debuff) and LoH has a 1 HOUR COOLDOWN, meanwhile shamans can spam purge all the way until someone has 0 buffs. And you’re talking “miss me with that bs” lmfao

7 Likes

The reason all the horde groups have shamams bc its the only reason to play horde. Alliance has better everything right now besides shaman.

2 Likes