Shaman Tier Set Bonuses!

Datamined bonuses, so take with a grain of salt but :slight_smile:

ELEMENTAL

(2-Set) While your Storm Elemental or Fire Elemental is active, your Lava Burst deals 20% additional damage and you gain Lava Surge every 8 sec.

(4-Set) Casting Lava Burst extends the duration of your Storm Elemental and Fire Elemental by 1.5 sec. If your Storm Elemental or Fire Elemental is not active, spending Maelstrom has a 20% chance to reduce its remaining cooldown by 10 sec instead.

ENHANCEMENT

(2-Set) Spending Maelstrom Weapon has a 3% chance per stack to summon a Feral Spirit for 9 sec.

(4-Set) Your Feral Spirits’ attacks have a 20% chance to trigger Stormbringer, resetting the cooldown of your Stormstrike

RESTORATION

(2-Set) Chain Heal’s critical hit chance is increased by 30% on all targets it hits when cast on a target affected by your Riptide.

(4-Set) Chain Heal critical hits reduce the remaining cooldown of Spirit Link Totem by 2 sec.

Elemental seems really good. 20% lava burst damage while Fire Ele is out seems great, and more lava bursts cast will extend the Elemental…

Good synergy with the already powerful build of Skybreaker’s Firey Demise + Control of Lava talent. Thats going to really pump damage in PVP. More lava bursts = more uptime on fire ele, more fire ele = more lava bursts with a +20% damage modifier. Kinda love it.

Kinda helps sell me on Splintered Elements too cuz more haste during Fire Elemental totem will REALLY benefit this build. Like insane synergy. Just feeds into that More lava burst – > More uptime on Fire ele – > More lava bursts loop

Restoration seems pathetically weak in Arena, probably see some really solid useage in RBGs.

resto seems awful for m+. just awful. are any resto shamans anywhere excited for it? ouch.

7 Likes

overrall it seems like a pretty big miss for resto.

7 Likes

Seems strange that they just baked in a soft version of single target legendaries for the DPS. I’m not bothered by Restor Shaman Tier Set. Looks like they’re trying to make the raid legendary work with Chain Healing. It’s nice to see that Chain Heal will get some usage now.

1 Like

Single target is what ele needs help with. That makes sense to me. Idk anything about the enhancement stuff.

And chain heal is iconic for restoration shaman but also has been stinky since like ICC

1 Like

Last piece of the puzzle will be trinkets
Could be one that shines with tierset bonus

I can’t remember the last time I used chain heal

I like the ele ones, seems like a very good buff. With seeds/skybreakers it looks like 100% uptime on fire ele, very exciting!

Where I’m a little concerned is the interaction with storm ele. As a rule, unless moving you do not want to cast lava burst during storm ele. I could see some benefit in the 10 second reduction but still… tier sets going to be 95% irrelevant for storm ele builds which is very disappointing

2 Likes

Thats gonna be a nice bump for ele single target (hopefully it gets us a bit closer to other specs). Wonder if that will make skybreakers the go to legendary.

I suspect the combo will be skybreakers/seeds.

Seeds reduce fire ele by 36s
Skybreakers single target on average will reduce fire ele by 42.75 seconds
This means that in the ~41 seconds fire ele is active, you will need to cast 20 lava bursts for perma uptime on ele.

Should be able to achieve around 90-95% uptime on single target, which means basically a permanent 20% buff to lava burst which is awesome. Windspeakers probably won’t be needed anymore because you will get so many surge procs every 8 seconds

1 Like

For enh, we’ve seen Wolf Bones emerge as a forerunner in SoD, so it looks like 9.2 is probably going to continue that trend. Combining Wolf Bones with the Night Fae covenant leggo and the 2-set bonus should lead to insane uptime on the wolves, which means more buff uptime and more chances to proc the 4-set bonus. I’m pretty excited about it!

3 Likes

I’d love to see the 4pc be something that could be useful for M+ in addition to raids, like: Riptide gives 20% chance to make your next chain heal or chain lightning instant cast.

2 Likes

With the way the Enhancement set is worded (“a” feral spirit), I wonder if these Feral Spirits are actually the same as the ability Feral Spirit which grants Maelstrom Weapon every 3 seconds and confers Elemental Spirits buffs or if its just another temporary pet without any of the mentioned effects.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s this.

The MSW is generated from the use of the feral spirit ability rather than the wolves themselves.

And I think elemental spirits may work similarly - with the feral spirit cast being the thing that triggers the benefits.

I am 100% for something like this, it’d be great to have a proc for a change. SLT having a variable CD is not something that is valuable at all, especially with that variability is tied to CH.

Please rework!

2 Likes

That feral spirit base attack better be impressive or the 2 piece set is very underwhelming on it’s own; not that you’d have any reason to stop there. Also, if the temporary pet and it’s Stormbringer proc are independent of the base Feral Spirit wolves that’s also a little disappointing.

I think it would be nice if they buffed the Frost Witch leggo and made it so the buff to SS was a constant multiplier rather than when you consumed 5 MS so that it could better stack with SB procs, especially when you get chain SB procs.

I would think the actual feral spirit ability benefits from the strombringer proc chance.

I’m just not sure the temporary pet would give you the MSW stack generation or elemental benefits since those may be tied to the actual feral spirit cast.

Who knows though. I didn’t think ascendance procs from the legendary would give the on cast effect they added but it does.

It’s just that the elemental spirits and MSW are both mechanically tied into the full feral spirit cast and this is partial, both in terms of duration and in terms of wolf count. Based on duration and half the wolves, maybe it could give 2 MSW stacks instead of 6 and still summon one elemental wolf?

It’s pretty insane for raid at least.

it feels like it would be, but im still not 100% convinced ? SLT is niche, on some fights yeah it feels like it would just trivialize some of the mechanics… Hungering Devourer for example. just spamming SLT would be crazy. and it depends on how much you can actually reduce it. i dont have the mind for the math on what we can expect the cooldown reduction to be with 4pc bonus. if it gets down to like… 1 minute or so, just wow. that will be amazing.