Shaman tanking in phase 2 - Voidreaver

I’ll take my W then.

ok yes this is good information thank you kin sir

Congratz! Now go git gud.

You die to Asylum Demon don’t you?

1 Like

Why do you insist on not getting better at Druid? Focus.

No, but you go back to Kara, nobody is going to be impressed.

If you cannot tank the current content at progression levels, aka before its been farmed to hell, your just a meme.

Which is fine, meme it up, but pretend like Shaman are actual tanks.

Not a single shaman is going to tank Brutallus week one.

Has any shaman tanked Illidan?

2 Likes

Just your opinion.

The Kara video was current. The VR video is current. I believe there were kills on Fathomlord with Shaman tanks during current.

Both of these are your fictitious standards for being a tank.

And I was able to parry a hateful on Supremus.

Doesnt mean a Shaman is a tank.

And possibly bite a hole in your seat at the same time :smiley:

Feel free to hate. It’s your right.

You know the sound it makes? lol a little ‘tink’. It is by such margins we know if we live or die. :wink:

No hate, I just hate it when people mislead others who have less knowledge.

Shaman are not tanks. If you had someone new to wow (lol I know) who saw this and thought ‘cool I will spend my days leveling to be a shaman tank!’ I would feel bad for them when they hit max level and everyone tells them they were mislead by Bonrover the paladin forum troll.

4 Likes

Actually on my first run through when first released I played a shaman tank, it wasn’t as effective as prot pally but was pretty darn close. I tanked every 5 man and ubrs and LBRS. I was taught how to do it from another shaman tank. So yes they did, at least on my horde server people tanked with shamans.
Just because you’re not All aware means nothing.

1 Like

Yes he use tinkering as a way to handle unexpected threat. So what? A warrior I knew did it as well, so guess he didn’t tank either. And just because you’re unaware or lack the knowledge doesn’t mean some people didn’t do that quite well. Never said shaman could tank raids or things of that nature. But a taunt, with totems and gear aimed for them tanking are a few tweaks. You could have even given them a talent near the end for extra armor. A few tweaks.

Trolling is fun.

If you’re not taking the hits, living, and dishing out threat to hold, you’re not Tanking.

I’m not unaware, I just don’t call Kiting or letting other NPCs or classes Tank for you as “Shaman Tanking”

:rofl:

No.

This is a thread that should have been left to rot long ago. Just because you can make a build work for something it wasn’t intended for doesn’t mean it’ll ever be competitive at it.
:axe:

3 Likes

Ya I really can’t believe that someone trying to see if they could kill a boss with a class that isn’t designed for tanking as their tank would turn into an argument spanning months.

No, not really happy. Get a little more informed on the topic before commenting on it: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shaman-tank-guide-learn-how-to-master-world-of-warcraft-burning-crusade-classic-as-a-proficient-shaman-tank/1145616 Most critics will at the very least acknowledge they can tank dungeons, to say otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest.

1 Like

A thread you made that no one interacted with from 5 months ago filled with the usual non-information and ill-informed tripe.

The fact you even tried placing it in the New Player/Guide section to encourage people completely new to the game, the class, or the role of Tanking and outright LIE to them about how Shaman perform trying to Tank is utter garbage.

1 Like

When I talk about misinformation and leading people down a failed path, this is it.

1 Like

We’re talking about raids, my guy. Just about anyone can tank dungeons with some creativity. Have you tanked anything in P3?