Shaman Tank

any class can easily be made to fill any role. Warriors healing/supporting with shouts. Rogues tanking with evasion. Priests tanking with shields. Mages healing with time magic and tanking with magic barriers. The thing is, youre not choosing a warrior to heal, or a priest to tank. But, id wager a good number of people picking Shaman would like to play every role.

Definitely a good idea to pick a niche/playstyle.

I could see switching weapon enhancements on your shield and 1hander to determine what you need at the moment. And depending of the combination between the two, effects what spells excel at the moment.

For sake of bloat, only two elements per weapon/shield.

Weapon: Fire-Passive aoe damage. Better resource generation

Weapon: Water-Healing Spells enhanced. Auto attacks passively heal

Shield: Earth-Damage Mitigation. No spell interruption

Shield: Air-Lightning/chain lightning do more damage. Earthquake causes static electricty to do more damage/threat

Also, depending on the combination of enhancements, you could gain access to, or enhance, one of your current spells. Having Water Main hand and Air Shield could cause your healing rain to turn into healing storm, AoE that heals allies and damages enemies.

To be able to switch between your enhancements, it only needs 1 button per slot. Switch your main hand to other enhancement. And switch you off hand to the other enhancement.

I think Shaman tanks could be really awesome. Any thoughts on this please share them. Even if you dont like it, that can spark insight as to how it could be great or improved.

1 Like

rogue evasion tank would be sweet.

Blizzard needs to fix enhancement before they even think about putting in a tanking spec for us. Then they also need to fix how squishy we are in every aspect of the game

1 Like

Weā€™ll see warlock tanks again (which werenā€™t bad, btw, and fun as hell) before we see enhancement tanks. :frowning:

Enhancement should not be tank. If they give us a tank spec it should be a fourth spec

1 Like

THEY CAN RIDE THEIR EARTH ELES. Your mounted beast will tank the instance

No they need to leave enhancement as melee dps. If they give us a tank spec it should be a 4th spec. But as said above they are having so much balancing issues that they need to fix the other specs before trying to make us a another tank class

:+1:
still waiting for it myself.