Shaman Tank

Shanks.
Why not? Garbage tier tank spec to add to the list of garbage tier roles the class already has. Worst healer, worst ranged, (arguably, MM still pretty awful) and worst melee. Might as well have the worst tank too.

But really, never gonna happen, because the “team” that designs changes for shamans are just phoning it in at this point.
1 Like
11/04/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Klowdywilde
11/04/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Hypnodumper

I think they would remove enhance to do it.

I would be so pissed. I have played enhancement since 1.0. This is my favorite spec, no matter how it fairs against other classes. I'm not one for "I quit" posts, I make fun of them a lot, but I would definitely stop playing. Not out of spite, I may stick around on my pally for a while, but from boredom. Every time I've taken a break from WoW, I get bored playing the class I was playing, and when I come back, it's always to enhancement.

they need to make it 2h as well
I'd like this so much.

It would make perfect sense to make a 4th tank spec for shamans.

And for those saying it wouldn't change anything for the Queues i'll say that :
Putting another class that can range dps , melee dps, heal AND tank would help a lot with the current state of multi specs.
2 Likes
Like I said, they would remove enhance to do it. Some reasons:

-I think they will be unwilling to add specs to classes. They've said, in hindsight, that they wish they just had two specs for each class. For whatever reason, Blizz can't balance this many specs in a way that the community approves.

-Enhance is kind of a mess. It's not really an archetype. It seems it's always too powerful or too weak. Its niche is not defined expansion to expansion. Windfury is the core mechanic and it creates a lot of problems for balancing.

-They've rebooted enhancement before....like 3x. People generally liked every changed version except the loss of the 2 hander build back in Vanilla that everyone romanticizes.

-They deleted survival and started over, so there is a precedence for it.

-They need more tanks...apparently. I still don't understand why they keep adding tank classes when the problem is not the number of classes...it's that pug tanking kinda sucks...especially when you make them so dependent on healers.

if its too weak its your gear.i seen shamand destroy. hell i cant kill any shamsn 1 on 1 unless there lowlevel or bad

I would 100% support a Shaman tank. There is historical prescient in Shaman being able to tank in Vanilla, and I think it would bring a freshness to the class as well as the game as a whole.

Well in Cataclysm shamans rockbiter weapon would make them tanky and generate more threat so on an enh you’d get 2 of these. They also could taunt with unleash elements at the time and I did that on my sham back in cata before on a couple DS raid bosses. And it actually was able to survive especially with shamanistic rage back then.

Agree with this muchly.

Elemental: Fire
Enhancement: Air
Restoration: Water
Tank spec: Earth

Makes sense.

3 Likes

In before all shaman that claim they’d tank if they could rage quit tanking over stupid.

I feel like you should try this again with some more commitment.

+1 vote for 4th shaman spec-tank. The hybrids should all be true hybrids. Druid, Monk, Paladin can all do heals, dps, and tank. But not Shaman.

Shaman has been left out in the cold once again as the sole hybrid-not-hybrid.

Such is life. I’m sad it’s the end of an era, but 15ish years for a single game is remarkable.

1 Like

While I would like to have a shaman tank. I dont quite agree with all hybrids being able to tank. Priest tank???

Priests aren’t hybrids and shamans should be tanks.

1 Like

earth warden spec sounds really nice

3 Likes

Shamans can raid tank in ClassicWoW I know it’s not Retail but that may be of interest to you. Also, Priests can raid tank if that’s perhaps more interesting to you.

2 Likes

I would love a tank spec on this shaman

1 Like

id rather see all classes with a tank spec a priest with shields tanking or a rogue with evasion tanking would be much cooler then a shaman tank.

why not every class with a tank spec?

Those are good ideas but I would not say they are cooler than a Shaman tank.

Shaman’s use shields, magic and have the whole earth thing.