Shaman Saber Lash tank on Mother Shahraz

This is such an irrelevant distinction.

When I have warlock in the group who pulls aggro and gets overhealed so that he stays alive until the end of the pull, I would quite literally refer to that as “he tanked the rest of the pull”.

So yes, the warlock is not, by definition of role and design, classifued as a tank, but they still tanked that mob/pull.

This isn’t complicated. That’s what tanking is. It seems more like you don’t understand the term.

I’m surprised Fasc hasn’t responded, he blew up my Patchwerk post =P

1 Like

Thats funny, that was going to be my very next example.

@Bonerover
Just like a shaman “tanks” opinion of what tanking is, it ultimately doesnt matter.

1 Like

But a mage “tanks” Kigler, or is that not tanking because he doesn’t have a taunt? Or just because he is an off tank, it doesn’t count as tanking? He has high HPs, is keeping threat so Kig doesn’t kill anyone else and takes up a lot of healing. What’s the difference in what the actual class is? If a rogue “Evasion tanks” the last bit, it’s literally in the coined by players name. He’s still tanking. Put a shaman there and “oh hell no! You didn’t tank!”

I think where people get caught up on is that yes a Mage can “tank” Kigler because that is an encounter specifically designed for a mage to tank. That said, mages are not tanks in the broader sense of the word because they can’t perform the tanking requirements consistently on the rest of the typical content.

However, shaman tanks are doing something else. There is no encounter for shaman tanks to ‘tank’. All the shaman tanking examples are of content typically done with the typical tank classes.

2 Likes

Relax man. Its not that serious.

If you want mages, rogues, or shaman “tanking” your raids go for it.

You guys all seem to have it figured out. I call it goofing off, you call it tanking…saal good man, to each their own.

1 Like

I also call it goofing off. I’ve never said it was optimal or the best for the raid or group. I’ve always said it was a meme spec. I also have always said it’s just something I enjoy because it’s different and I’m not playing a cookie cutter shaman. I just never understand why people get so offended that I got to do something different

1 Like

Shaman are not tanks but the shaman in the video above is tanking.

If you can’t even agree to this simple, obvious, visibly evident fact then you’re still just wrong.

Sure, it is for fun (goofing off as you call it), but it is still tanking. It’s both.

3 Likes

I think what people prefer to call it is “standing in a position where a true tank should be, taking damage a true tank should be taking, and taking heals that should be for a true tank” (tank/soaker can be interchangeable)

Oh. So you only play video games seriously?

Upsetting you can’t have fun.

1 Like

Inconceivable!

The point of my first post was a poor attempt to answer that question I guess.

Much like Zipzo has explained…what if we just stop telling people to “watch threat” and “dont pull threat off tank”, instead lets start telling those who do those things to stop tanking and dont try to tank? Can you see how confusing that sounds?

I guess what my point of view on the situation is that I have a idea of what tanking really is. So do you and so does everyone else. They can all be vastly different. It boils down to pretty much exactly what Zipzo is implying…“You dont think like I do, therefore you are wrong”.

I ultimately dont care who “tanks” what, you just asked a question I wanted to try and answer. You got me lumped into the shaman tank haters group. While you will never see me being part of any group that does do that, I could care less if you feel special for doing those things.

And to further explain why people blow head gaskets…its because some people get annoyed because you feel special doing said things.

1 Like

Sorry if that’s how it came across, you definitely did NOT seem like a shaman tank hater at all. You seemed like you wanted to have a rational discussion and we can, contrary to some, have differing opinions. =)

Cool story dude. Why are you posting here then?

To just let us know how much you don’t care? Odd.

Why would people hate against vulnerable people?
Shaman tanking is idea for delusional people.

It is not healthy.

We show our support for those people.

Pretty much explains the situation.

eVeRyOnE dIsAgReEs WiTh My DeLuSiOnS aRe HaTeRs

Show your support for delusional shamans thinking they are tanks by not enabling them.

Why do cherry pick random a point of view and not apply at a minimum of a 3rd grade level of reading comprehension?

I know why, I just want the satisfaction of you stating it.

Whose we? Got a turd in you pocket?

Why are you posting here? Trying to find some validation in life by being a negative troll to others?

Again, why does it bother you how other’s use their time?

Oh are you at that level already? Sorry, you weren’t in my pocket.

Why are you posting here? Trying to find some validation in life by being a delusional troll to others?

Your either worse off than I thought or your trolling. I try my best to not feed trolls so convince me otherwise and I might respond to your questions.