Shaman New AoE Rune

So Shamans are getting yet another AoE rune… Yet you refuse to give Rogue tanks a viable AoE, because some nonsense about spirit of classic.

2 Likes

Its ok. You will get FoK at 60

1 Like

Shaman getting a wrist-slap nerf of WoTE requiring a shield… then getting the absolute most braindead giga busted laughable Lightning Shield perma+spam aoe rune is just… memes.

2 Likes

its mega far from a wrist slap but then again its you saying it so i expected nothing less.

“My tank stance requires me to actually tank instead of dpsing as a tank to receive massive threat/defensive/health bonuses! this is unfair!”

You literally could not be more of a goof ball.

1 Like

lol.

if you dont remember i directly asked for that change.

it was op.

just saying though it is a big nerf to survivability for enh shaman and its not just a “slap on the wrist”.

remember though i asked for it.

Aggrend plays shaman now. if you want devs to care about rogue then petition them to try playing one.

Its a slap on the wrist because ele shams dont care if they need to use sheilds. These devs are actually jerks and need to stop being biased.

Nobody worth listening to has ever said this. In fact, Im pretty sure the only person thats ever said this is you. So… my previous statement stands.

Imagine not using a shield against physical classes right now. Plus, running WoE makes Earth Shock melee range, meaning they essentially dont have an interrupt vs casters while Silence, Counterspell, Curse of Tongues and Spell Lock exist. The only time running WoE is viable as Ele is when you KNOW you arent going to be fighting casters.

ele shaman is very counterable by melee pressure due to having to hard cast their main damage and having no setup cc to help them get it off.

very counterable.

enhance was not that with way of earth and big damage from dual rb or rb/ft.

even with the extra dr and health and whatnot they are not much more than target dummies with extra health.

that may change with p3 but thats unclear right now.

This is the problem when a dev plays your class and cant see the forest for the trees, the dev thinks you need an i-win button for every situation and the players dont want to stop getting free wins so they defend it. Elemental shamans were already OP in pvp in classic yet they get massive buffs nad get to be a mage tank and its all because, if a melee gets in close you would have to actually fight back unless you are a tank lol.

nice game balance

1 Like

lol way to ignore my post.

youre wrong btw.

I didnt ignore your post. you said ele shamans need to be tanks because otherwise they would have to put up a fight vs melee.
They already have 4-5 anti melee totems including decoy totem, a 10 second immunity to snares and ghost wolf coming on a 1 second cast.
Then they get 30% more health, 10% less damage taken and 6% less chance to be crit as a passive rune, and it puts earth shock on its own separate cooldown. That is just insane.

1 Like

Flame Shock → Power Surge Instant Cast → Lava Burst → Ele Mastery → NS → CL+ES batch → 3 100% instant cast 100% crit spells landing in sub 1 second all empowered.

Bonus points for if you batch a fire nova detonation in with it for 4 100% crits.

1 Like

a 5% proc rate is not something that is reliable at all.

please think of something else.

are you unaware of whats happening to rockbiter?

Are you aware Rockbiter was not intended to be the premier double-buff giga-goofy? Rockbiter is to enable WOTE, not become death incarnate with 1400 free AP at 40. You’re not even supposed to be able to use Rockbiter twice in this time line - dual wield is not a classic mechanic for Shaman.

You’re supposed to use Windfury mainhand for Maelstrom synergy, and supposed to use Flametongue offhand for Lava Lash synergy.

They missed the mark on not requiring Flametongue for Lava Lash, instead of just giving it reduced damage… That was a point I had repeatedly made.

Shaman DPS will be unchanged, infact made arguably stronger since Beta change. Shaman Tanking is going to be absolutely insanely broken with lightning shield permanent + aoe procs.

I am aware, but lets not pretend the WoE nerf was the big one. Double WF is no where near as scary as WF/RB or RB/RB. This was the nerf that was needed and some of the damage loss may be recovered with spell damage. The problem was that their white hits, stormstrike and lava lash were all amped to 2-3x what it should have been, now it won’t be. It’s a major nerf.

We also don’t know if the AoE LS is going to go live as is, or if it will even be a final rune. What we do know is that shaman single target tanking will take a major hit and bear already is better at aoe tanking. I do hope it goes live even in a nerfed form though, cause it’ll make resto boosting my alt acc real braindead.

Right. But the trade off is if they are free to cast they absolutely delete anyone faster than any other class.

Ele Shaman have nothing to complain about.

other trade off is you can just dispel the flame shock and guess whos getting cleanse at 42