Shaman, It’s happening

If they’ve “listened to feedback” and leave Icefury untouched, I call BS.

Easily 90% of elemental players do not like Icefury. It breaks up the rotation and makes it feel very unfluid.

5 Likes

I don’t think so, although some people have suggested that’s why Blizz has been so silent on shaman changes.

Personally I haven’t seen anything about it

Trying to not get my hopes up. But they up.

2 Likes

Cool, I will now proceed to go back to whining about Warrior utility.

1 Like

as long as this secret package isn’t coming from HR to the shaman…

1 Like

Primal Strike now does 5% more damage.

14 Likes

animations are now 20% more awesome and savage

3 Likes

Shaman needs animation updates and reworks.

Ele used to be fun and now it is mindless.

Resto still plays like its stuck 10 to 20 years ago.

6 Likes

places gold coins down

I am betting on a few nerfs because of game play reasons.

6 Likes

I hope to see something along the lines of:

“Lightning Bolt - Animation has been updated. Now looks like real lightning and is satisfying to use. No more wet noodles.”

But who am I kidding?

5 Likes

All I want is for elemental Stormbringer to actually bring a storm and not just Lightning Bolt and upgraded Lightning Bolt, better defensives, and a raid buff.

Is that too much to ask? Probably.

Also delete Farseer, but that’s definitely not happening.

4 Likes

Somewhere out there, Bromdynna is shedding a tear of joy

I’m not expecting anything drastic. It’s too close to pre-patch to do a complete overhaul. I’m hoping for at least cleaning up the trees to reduce the amount of 2-pt nodes and shuffling things around to make the pathing smoother.

At the very least, I hope Flurry gets moved from the Class tree to the Enhancement tree, and Elemental sees Icefury and it’s subsequent talent node deleted from the tree.

3 Likes

Perhaps not in the change next week, but there’s copium for 11.1 (ever so slight). With the Earthen race being well… In touch with the earth. It does leave room for speculation that the Earthen race could teach shaman about Earthwarden, a new shaman tanking spec, revitalizing Rockbiter and shaman tanking aspects from SoD.

Similar to the Obsidian/Bronze Dragons teaching Evokers about Aug.

2 Likes

Unless it’s shaman tanks I’m disappointed lol.

3 Likes

How would adding a 4th spec even work with hero talents? Would it get its own 2 hero talent sets not shared with the other specs? Would do specs get a 3rd hero talent so the tank spec’s were shared? Would the current hero talents get shuffled around?

2 Likes

And then the only change Blizzard makes is that ghost wolf now comes in brown!

8 Likes

I’ve been liking shaman okay lately but I really don’t care for totems. I don’t want to press the buttons. I don’t feel like they’re making enough difference to bother with unless I’m really pushing.

3 Likes

“Will temporarily blind the player and any other players nearby if their real-life ambient light is too low to help dampen the violent burst of photons.”

3 Likes

Probably add at least 1 more hero tree. It would then take some shuffling around of trees, but it could be done. Maybe one or 2 specs would lose 1 of their current trees for the new tree from earthwarden, but not all of them are particularly enticing. Could definitely fit in at 11.1, which will have proper PTR testing time.

It could definitely be done now, if shaman tanks were a thing already. I imagine it would work like Druids does. There’s 4 trees, but only 2 options per spec.

The other route could be add 2 new hero tree’s specifically for Earthwarden, then do a proper shuffling around with the more popular tree’s for 12.0. So that no spec loses it’s options for TWW, but may see changes for the next xpac.

2 Likes