Shaman Far sight causes loading screen

When ever using far sight outside of normal view distance it will briefly cause the loading screen of which ever continent you are on.

This is not how it was in vanilla and ruins immersion.

I’m guessing maybe this is a bi-product of layering, but in any case I hope it gets fixed in time.

I’m also going to guess that the hunter’s ability, ‘Eagle Eye’ has the same issue.

2 Likes

It’s like that on live, too, with both Far Sight and Mind Vision. Makes it so it’s impossible to ‘hop,’ with the latter, which you used to be able to do from one side of a continent to the other.

Mind Vision also doesn’t have an “unlimited range,” despite what the tooltip says, and despite it previously having exactly that before Cataclysm.

1 Like

Bump. Need a blue to confirm this is either working as intended or needs to be fixed.

Yeah I think it’s the new architecture with “shards” still being around even if they aren’t used the same way in classic.

You can tell also when you’re following someone between zone borders and you see a visible lag hiccough as they pass through. This used to be seamless in vanilla.

is this still a problem phase 2?

Yeah still happens on one layer. It’s the base server architecture that’s not the same as vanilla. When your view goes that far you’re leaving one shard for another.

Still not working Phase 5 as of 10/16/2020 … sounds like it will never be fixed

2 Likes