Shaman class tree nerfs in DF

None of these are reasons to nerf shaman defensives.

I mean. I am not saying it is. I am not defending any nerfs.

I was responding to

Especially considering I plan on not even taking windfury in DF if I can help it.

1 Like

it still seems like a huge buff to the melee in your group. feels like it would still be way way way way more beneficial than any other talent you could spend points on.

It’s half as strong as the live version. 10% more main hand autattacks. For alot of specs, that’s maybe 1-2% more damage? And if it’s still on the GCD, then you’re losing a global of damage to place it. Although if you take the movement talent I guess you can maybe move it off gcd until it expires?

2 Likes

You’re adamant about this but it really just boils down to their perceived power budget for specs.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/feedback-shaman/1284410/24

but thats still alot i honestly dont get why its even a discussion. would you like your melee doing 2% more damage or 2% less

their perceived power budgets makes no sense. there are things with far more impact in pve.

" but the mobility and defensive power in the tree exceeded our target for Shaman "

that seems to be the relevant quote from the post. and its just something the devs and i are going to disagree on. our defensive power is lackluster, before they nerfed it in this iteration i was looking at it and seeing on par w/ other specs for the first time in 8 years. their idea of where ele defensives should be is far below where it actually should be.

2 Likes

Depending on what youre going for skipping it could be the difference in getting something like primal lava actuators or something. So I can see builds where it doesn’t seem worth it. Most of the points in the enhance tree are either pretty impactful, or necessary to unlock something pretty impactful. WF totem is kind of off in an optional pathway. Which is good I think.

For organized raiding I’m sure people will take it. But outside of that, you might not have alot of melee benefiting and might have more desirable choices.

i cant imagine it. maybe if the enh is the only melee in the party. definitley not in a raid sceneario where you have 5+ melee dps benefitting. no other single talent point will net your raid 10% damage increase

It’s a party buff not a raid buff. So yes, in an organized raid where someone places you in a group with 4 other melee, I’m sure people will take it. In other cases, I could see skipping it.

It’s honestly pretty lame to have something that weak be that limited and have to be used that frequently. Like imagine if power word fort or battle shout was a 1% buff instead of 5% and had to be recast every 30 yards?

3 Likes

right but its a much bigger stat allocation than elemental warding was right? its not even in the same league as much as10% flat damage increase vs -2% damage via magic and -6% via physical?

Raid Yes
M+ No

In M+ (which is PVE), I plan on avoiding taking it if I can help it. Extra durability. In a passive, or stronger astral shift would be more beneficial than dropping windfury totem almost entirely for…just me.

Cool. But thats still not a reason to nerf the defensives. At all. Ever. Theres still no actual argument for nerfing thr defensive except “shamans cant have nice things”

1 Like

I was thinking more about the nerfs and I think that the dmg reduction nerf to 4% was more than enough, just magic damage is too much of a nerf on a spec like enhance that suffers from physical dmg.

I can live with the astral bulwark nerf but they have to give stone skin totem more health, so it can’t be one tabbed, 10%physical dmg is very niche and at least it should last more than 3 attacks.

1 Like

I mean. Ok. I never said it was. I was never even pretending to justify the nerfs or anything. Only commenting on saying that windfury was 100000% more important in a pve setting.

I am a little confused I guess.

Are you really just splitting hairs on this? Sure in a mythic+ without any other melee windfury isnt 10000x more valuable. In every other situation it is.

Yeah. Or just make it 4% vers so we get 2% DR and 4% extra damage/healing like other trees. 4% just magic damage reduction is lame. Particularly when it’s a mandatory node to get healing stream totem if your not going the spirit walkers grace path (e.g., enhance shaman).

Make the mandatory stuff versatile general stats. Don’t make it so specific. Otherwise it randomly benefits some builds and scenarios over others unnecessarily.

1 Like

Making it versatility would be a great change

In M+, unless the whole group benefits, it’s a waste of a talent and a GCD. The only reason it’s beneficial in raid (the only situation where it is valuable) is because you’re usually in a party with classes that benefit highly from it.

Basically, “every other situation is”… is straight wrong.

Its not. Youll take it in pvp and raiding 100% of the time. Youll take it in mythic+ when there is some other melee benefitting from it. Outlaw rogue or warrior or feral whatever.

I will absolutely never take it in m+ under any circumstance unless I have no option with talent tree lay out.

1 other person benefiting from it will not be enough. And 3 melee dps m+ groups? You hate yourself at that point anyways.

1 Like