Shadowy Duel: NEEDS NERFED NOW

Wasn’t this supposed to have gotten nerfed in 9.1? I read somewhere it was supposed to get nerfed. It wasn’t nerfed, at all. I just lost to the same piece of crap rogue 7 times in a row due to Shadowy Duel. How is this fair that I get instantly global’d and can’t fight back? I died so many times to this guy, I had to wait to revive, the group I was with couldn’t interact because of this BS mechanic.

How about some actual balance? Healers should be able to heal through shadowy duel or at the very least, the cooldown on Shadow Duel needs to be extended massively. Because 2 minutes revives with 2-minute cooldowns, yeah that’s fair. I get back to life and I’m already in Shadowy Duel. Yeah, have barrels of fun here, Blizzard. Constantly dieing just ot get SD again ruins any fun I was having when the same person kills me over and over and over and over and over, etc.

3 Likes

Oh you mean the one that gets on Cooldown, then I get stun-locked again? Come one, I got nothing better to do than respond to you all night. I’ve already thought of “okay, movement trinket, 10K+ health, Astral Shift, etc.” and I get stuck locked then crit hitted as I’m out geared, even with 28% verse going against a rogue with well over 40K. Come at me bro, I’m ready.

Unless you got something constructive, you’re proving my point. You mad that I’m calling out your real character and their overpowered abilities?

What’s your highest pvp experience, we can probably get down to the issue of this real quick

Too lazy to click my profile, buddy?

Like 1600 exp, that’s your issue, you just don’t know how to pvp, I would suggest logging off for ten minutes and hoping the rogue gets bored

1 Like

hey sorry to interrupt but can you guys just DM each other in game or something? Clearly ya’ll get some pent up stuff ya’ll need to RP it out in goldshire :wink:

2 Likes

No. Let it continue

9 Likes

Fair enough :popcorn:

1 Like

bold of you to come on your tonkatoy tbc toon and talk smack.

i bet youre sub 1500 in the smooth brain era that is tbc

1 Like

That’s not helpful. That doesn’t do anything to address an overpowered ability. I know my luck, it’s not that good. Shadowy Duel is just an over powered ability. He’s way stronger than me to start with, which I wouldn’t complain about. I do complain that he just stays there, kills me over and over and over and over, goes into Stealth mode because God forbid Lightning Crash or Sundering breaks stealth, let along Earth Bind totem from back in Wrath, that’s not my problem.

My problem is the 2 minute cool down, he kills me so often, I have 2 minute revives and he gets back Shadowy Duel. That needs nerfed as does Stealth in general. BS mechanics that say “Haha! You lack AOE or Spectral Sight and spectral sight isn’t even a threat to us!” How is that fair? How is that not over powered? Explain to me why Earthbind Totem & Earthgrab Totem aren’t allowed to break stealth so Stealth Classes can’t get a BS escape and recovery instantly because they now have the ability to heal too?

Says your acct is hidden tho

3 Likes

I can see it?

I love how brave people are when their accounts are hidden.

I don’t understand why you’re struggling this bad against a Sub Rogue. Is it you that lost to a Sub Rogue or your group? Because I seriously doubt that the rogue uses this ability to global you let alone control you.

Shadowy Duel got nerfed by a duration.

2 Likes

could try working on some anti-rogue tactics, or look up helpful tips.

tho we all know, moment they know theres a chance, they just vanish away…

1 Like

Don’t worry, you can turn them into turkey on Harvest Festival week

2 Likes

What nerf? 5 seconds is more than enough time for a Rogue to flatten anyone undergeared compared to them. I logged out in my PVP gear, God forbid I get offered Enhancement stuff so I take what I can get and since Alliance sucks so bad at PVP: Conquest is quiet rare, I get global’d. Shadow Duel wasn’t nerfed, if it was at all nerfed. I can’t even find anywhere that says Shadowy Duel was nerfed. So if it was, please enlighten me to how it was nerfed and when it was nerfed. Because it’s still way over powered that they can flatten me in 5 seconds, hide in stealth so anyone near me can’t kill them because god forbid that Rogues ever get nerfed, ever.

• Shadowy Duel (PvP Talent) duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6 seconds).

It says this bullet point right here. Also if gear is an issue, then it’s a gear issue.

SD is fine.

2 Likes

If only a hunter or dh could find them for us. It’s almost like they can stealth or something

1 Like