Shadowsong Alliance Reconnections

In this thread, please post if you played WoW on the Alliance side of Shadowsong in 2004-2006.

For best results, post what you remember about yourself and your friends you used to play with:

• Your character’s name, race and class.
  • The name of your original guild on this realm.
  • The character names of other players you’re hoping to reconnect with.

Please stick with in-game info, and do not post IRL identifying information about yourself or others.

To quickly find if the friend or guild you’re looking for is listed here, use the Search function! Just select the magnifier icon on the top right – be sure to check “Search this topic” to limit your results to this thread.

Good luck finding your former mates!

2 Likes

Hi All,

Currently looking to reconnect with any oldschool Shadowsong peeps! Coup is forming up for Classic and we’d love to have anyone from the old realm join us!

About me:

• Character: Evilmonstar - Night Elf Warrior
  • Guild: Threshold and Coup

Hit me up on discord at Evilmonstar#7541 if you are looking for a guild for classic, or just want to catch up!

9 Likes

I can’t decide between playing on a PvP server, or one with oldschool shadowsong players (it was PvE, so I’m assuming most of them will roll on a PvE server).

About me: I only played NE-rogue
(2006) https://i.imgur.com/GT6brml.jpg
(2005) https://i.imgur.com/dIec2MS.jpg
Character: Vulpicfox(2005), Umbry(2006)

Here’s my silly, admittedly hazy af vanilla journey: (lol we had so much guild drama on our server)

• Guild1: Get Along Gang (wolfpup kicked me out, because he’s mean)

I took a free character xfer to a PvP server briefly, and then a paid xfer back.

• Guild2: Eighth Day (Foxx (who was dating Rohcc back when I was still leveling?) was now dating Raidene)

• Raidene got jealous whenever Foxx would voice chat with other guys, and he’d follow her around SW/IF stealthed behind corners. I used to stealth and equip [Catseye Ultra Goggles] and play “there’s Foxx, but where’s Raidene?” whenever I got bored).
    • Foxx eventually dumped Raidene in vent and the guild split. I think Raidene then made Cydonia Complex(?) which most of us joined).
  • Guild3: Cydonia Complex (Raided MC/ZG for a while, but we ran into more drama evnetually)

• I think raidene went nuts, dumped all the guild mats (on his bank alt) into the AH, removed officer privileges and then randomly /gkicked people? Can’t quite remember, but something like that happened in one of the guilds.
    • Not sure if the guildies created ‘Anesthesia’ next, because nobody could reinvite).
  • Guild4: OZ NZ (I’d applied to OZ NZ while Cydonia Complex was fractured, and the OZ NZ rogue class leader gave me a test in EPL (which I failed miserably so I’d written that off as a loss).

• when I left Cydonia Complex awaiting the guildies to create our 3rd guild and then invite me, the OZ NZ rogue class leader (officially the best guy on Shadowsong imo) noticed my guildlessness and whispered me:

Coolest guy on Shadowsong: did your guild find out about your OZ NZ application and then boot you?"
Me: “yeah, that’s 100% totally what happened”
Coolest guy on Shadowsong: "Damn, now I feel guilty. /ginvite

Then I was suddenly in Naxx, dressed half in garbage pre-MC blues and wiping 50,000,000 times on Faerlina.

• Guild 5: ??? (Something to do with Anesthesia & Lyceum, I can’t remember if I joined either or both).
  • I only remember 3 guildies well: Belari(paladin), Umbreon(hunter), Booyakashot(hunter). Wish I could remember more. I’m not sure if @Alinná-Gilneas was in any of these guilds.
  • Eevee(druid), a stranger that helped me sneak past furbolgs to Moonglade in early 2005; they felt bad (and probably confused) watching my level 18 butt res & die repeatedly in felwood.
  • Tulipkiss(druid), used to chat with them while leveling in STV.
  • Johnslayer(PvP),
  • Bahaa(horde guild), the guild name you’d hope you wouldn’t see, each time you entered a BG.
3 Likes

Nice write up, Tiril! I couldn’t remember any guild names at all, but I definitely remember most of what you listed there. OZ NZ was super elite! Same with Cydonia! I don’t remember seeing you specifically, but I have a rather bad memory.

I played a human rogue named Crumb from about 04-06ish.I pvp’d a lot, and didn’t do much progression, but I wiped on a lot of PUG ZG’s and MC’s. I then mained a human priest from 06 until cata – that one was named “crumbly”. Didn’t see much end game content then ether, mainly PUG’d it. I also played a hunter named “howardroark” and a paladin named “rayfine”, got both to 70 before the end, but probably didn’t play them too much. I mainly leveled by chain running instances.

I’m probably going to go on a pvp server this time round, but I’ll keep an eye here for more memories!

Malkovich - Human Mage
I raided with SPAM and Dark Serenity, occasional BGs, hung out in the Argent Dawn channel and sold enchants on the IF bridge
Any old school SPAM people or anyone I ran BGs or dungeons with hmu

2 Likes

Amran
Human Paladin
Anesthesia/Lyceum -> Moved to Black Dragonflight -> Dark Serenity

Sup fellas?

Name - Hellboyy
Class - Druid
Guild - Primeval
Like many players on this server, I made the jump to Black Dragonflight. Hoping to reconnect with old friends/teammates.

Hit me up BNET - ThatMrMatt#1525

Several SPAM people including Rageagainst, SwordofLight, Ellroot and Illfatan joined Coup several years ago on retail, and a lot of us are playing classic together. Hit me up if you want more info (Evilmonstar#7541 on discord)

My mage was named Lykwid, and we raided from Vanilla to Lich King as a unit. I believe the guild names were RoC and Replaceable Parts.

HMU old fam!

I was in ROC, this toon was named Avranth on Shadowsong. I had to change the name when I moved to Stormrage. I mainly play Horde on A52 since Cata, but I’m really thinking about going Ally for Classic due to the nostalgia factor.

I know a few people that still play on Shadowsong and still have a couple lowbie alts there.

Hey this was my main back in the day :slight_smile: was in a guild called Get Along Gang.

1 Like

Name: Upd (go figure)
Guild: KOHJ

Should be playing Alliance when Classic hits

1 Like

Character: Fatherhoss -Dwarf Priest
Guild: Stormwind legends

Used to play druid named Felyse, was a member of ROC. Looking for anyone who still plays - Garfaxx, Corp, Disturbedman, Munk, Tairn, Crescent only names I can remember atm

Also I know it was my TBC guild, but any For Instance people on here, miss ya guys.

Yo :smiley: I played clubcat the priest with you in Threshold and Coup, Soba and I play still … also I’ll just leave this here

2 Likes

Hi all
My name was Thedestroyer
Night elf hunter.
Guild was DENWO
names I remember playing with are
Tappy
Bice
Nodin
Yosamite and his brother?
Thewicked
Astrid
Enderjames
There are so many more that are slowly coming back haha.

1 Like

A long long time ago, on a server that’s not really that far away, there was a guild named Divine Intervention. We were never raiders or PvPers, but at one stage we had a lot of people lvling.
Aaaaaand because we all moved on, or transferred, etc etc, this char languished at lvl 59.5 for years, until I got bored the other week and checked up on him. Turns out the guild still exists, with me as the sole member(!).
If this rings a bell for anyone, give me a shout - would be keen to try and do more of the suff we only ever saw the ‘big’ guilds do =)

1 Like

@makaveli Calling all you girls and boys back. Milhouse and myself will be playing classic in the hopes that Henry comes back to be out raid father again.

*Irstan you there?
*Drag, where are you?
*Franky, I still probably cant understand what you are saying.
*Sassypants !?!?!
*Index, you can probably still buy your rogue account back and get glaives again!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I played a Dwarf Paladin named Cailan, I played in a bunch of different guilds, Archaic was the most notable I think, I played with a few people from SPAM, Rageagainst sounds like an extremely familiar name (its been a while).

I don’t know if anyone will remember me but if any one from Exiled Few (or anyone really :slight_smile: ) is going to be starting up hit me up on AIM: JUSTKIDDING :slight_smile: Discord is where you can find me Kostya Gromov#1875 (not IRL info just in case.)

I raided with you all in Sunwell as a paladin. I think my name was Lyfe, good times.