Shadows Rising: Thrall's thoughts on Tyrande

We’re not keeping any lands. What zones did the Horde lose in BfA ? The Alliance lost 2, and the Horde gained 1.

Uh yes they do, atleast for it to make sense that the Alliance and the Night Elves immediately forgive the Horde without demanding their lands back or any reparations for commiting genocide against civilians and sending their souls to hell for eternal torment? Like what kind of sick maniacs are there in the Horde?

LOL HOW DOES IT CRAP ON THE HORDE PLAYERBASE IF THE NIGHT ELVES GET THEIR LANDS BACK

Or free their people from the Hell the Horde has sent them to ?

Or kill Sylvanas ?

Seriously how delusional can you be

So you think stopping someone from being enslaved is as bad as burning down a massive population center. Good to know.

I just wish that you showed and inkling, just an inkling of sympathy for Alliance players. But perhaps that is beyond your abillities.

The Horde is not beholden to the Alliance. Period.

With the amount of head canon you believe as truth, rending of garments and gnashing of teeth you really shouldn’t acuse others of being delusional.

:pancakes:

7 Likes

Why should any Horde player sympathize with Alliance players? Alliance holds the moral high ground and Horde got villain batted again. The Alliance players and the writers have reminded Horde players of that constantly.

:pancakes:

11 Likes

That’s not what they’re arguing at all. but ok.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing.

To begin? I, and I think a lot of others, had sympathy for Alliance players. Two years of ranting players using Teldrassil as a club to bludgeon their fellow players has long since reduced that sympathy to zero.

26 Likes

If I recall correctly I think that “the” plan was used; as in “the writer’s plan”. Or the Jailor’s plan perhaps. Its entirely possible to square that circle of Sylvanas resenting the Loa for making her Warchief, and her doing what she did with that position, if Vol’jin’s death and her ascension was merely the plan of the same entity that tricked her into believing she was destined for the Maw.

If the point was to give her a false motive, then set her loose to move in 3P convenient directions; then the expectation of forcing her into the Warchief position is she’d still move in those directions … just with more power and effect. And strange note, the Jailor may be a new character, but functionally he fills the same role I actually come to assume Yoggie was filling.

1 Like

Two years of “Teldrassil was justified!”, and the various forms of “Horde stronk. Pound sand, and get over it.” threads have made it a convenient and hefty club to swing around. As well as reduced sympathy in the other direction to zero.

3 Likes

That’s why all this ever becomes is factional point-scoring and nobody’s mind is ever changed.

Yet rather than direct our ire at the writers, we find it easier to attack each other, because fellow players respond, as opposed to Blizzard’s ivory-tower silence.

28 Likes

Well, I hope you’re right. Would definitely make more sense that way.

Today I feel like exposing our little angry nelfie.

Funny thing is that she demanded people on EU forums to speak in a proper tone to her when disagreeing with her, otherwise we’re all super toxic people. And if we don’t see the issue then we’re part of the problem.

And all this “toxicity rant” started because one human DK said that rezzing the entire population is a stupid idea and listed reasons why.

If you’re interested you can check her European career:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dont-turn-turalyon-into-a-villain/181405/12

Funny how the conversation on European subject clashes with her behaviour on US forums where she is openly raging on Horde player yet in here was causing a drama how people are toxic to her - because they disagreed!

Enjoy the train wreck.

3 Likes

Because moral highground is utterly useless when you become a punching bag in the process. It’s like getting beaten up in a fight and claim you won because you didn’t hit below the belt. No one actually thinks that you won. Not even yourself.

But I have not. I left at the end of legion, and were only following the major beats of the story. I only returned to the game recently, and the forums with it. I haven’t, and don’t intend to bash Horde players over the head with it, or say that you deserve to be punished for the story. But I will wish that Teldrassil have a bigger impact than it has so far. And That shouldn’t be too much to ask for.

1 Like

I mean Jellex isn’t blaming you really, she’s just saying if you saw or go and read the past 2 years of so of the forums, You’d slowly see just about every Horde players Decent into Madness/ Annoyance/ Anger/ Carelessness for Teld/ Night Elf players/ Alliance players in general.

Everyone is mad and should direct said anger at blizzard and not other players, since they get off Scott free to do this again in the future unless called out hardcore by both sides.

We all know the saying of a few bad apples can spoil the bunch

5 Likes

And i’m sure if I do I will see plenty of Horde posters cracking jokes about Teldrassil that would make my blood combust.

But you’re right. We should direct our rage at blizzard, since they wrote this nonsense, and they hold the reins going forward.

7 Likes

Woah, you’re telling me an openly hostile and toxic person projects that behavor onto others? I am shocked. Shocked.

Person who wants the game to crap on the horde playerbase for choosing their faction potentially a decade+ ago accusess others of having no sympathy for the other side. Feels a bit hypocritical.

4 Likes

I just want Teldrassil to have consequences down the line, or that a resolution is reached. I swear, that’s all I want. Alright?

3 Likes

Did you mean this quote? (Follow the link for original URL.)

It’s just someone’s notes on the 2019 Blizzcon Q&A, not a word-for-word quote, so we don’t know whether the dev said “the” plan or “her” plan. The context implies the latter, though.

8 Likes

Yes, that was the one I was thinking of. Thank you!

Thanks for providing a source, but it’s still a bit confusing. So she helped Varian in the cinematic to become Warchief or to somehow get back at Vol’Jin?
on Broken shore she usurped him already being the one who gives orders anyway once the Vol’Jin team reaches Varian and Sylvanas,

And back then I alsoaskeda question- why would Varian talk to inferior when Vol’Jin - the actual faction leader he already talked to, was right there ?
Bu I better not dwell into that, it’s like opening old wounds.

I got word-for-word. Steve Danuser at the 2019 Q&A Panel:

Obviously we had- we’ve seen Sylvanas through the course of Legion, and that intro cinematic, right, when the airships and everything and she’s kind of giving Varian a hand. So, as we get into the Shadowlands we’re going to be finding out a lot of Sylvanas’ motivation and what her relationship with the Jailer is and when it started and we’ll find out that it actually leads back quite a bit earlier in the timeline. You may be familiar with a story called Edge of Night in which Sylvanas lept off the top of Icecrown. And you saw part of the story there. But that was kind of the start of her interactions with the Jailer. And as for why Sylvanas would lend an arrow to aid Varian, there was a long term strategy where Sylvanas needed to get into a position where she could take over the mantle of Warchief, and she couldn’t do that if she was aggro and everyone was against her, so she had to bide her time, and now we’re seeing the fruition of that in Shadowlands.
5 Likes