Shadow's rising continues the attitudes of BfA

When the Alliance wipes out three cities of people instead of three tents in a camp, you let me know.

2 Likes

BfA made me stop playing my Horde characters too. All that “muh noble savage, muh genocide makes me sad” nonsense combined with the allied races turning into war-crazed slaughter monsters right after they were saved from the Burning Legion just ruined it for me.

2 Likes

I’ve been completely checked out on the lore and story in WoW for a while. Characters swap motivations between expansions without any explanation why, supposedly “huge” plot arcs are swept under the rug. Characters who vow revenge are neutered and friendly with the very people who destroyed their home and killed their family, all of this keeps happening over and over.

WoW needs a central lore director honestly, someone who greenlights all the story arcs in the game. Something to prevent the mess we have now.

3 Likes

Stories are written to support gameplay decisions by the devs.

2 Likes

The book presents everyone but Talanji as regarding Jaina as a friend of the Horde and not just Thrall. Even Lor’themar utters nary a word in descent. Nor is clear to me why Thrall wouldn’t care about the death’s of innocent Horde civilians.

The refugees are such because horde started a war again and they have been left to the wolves by the other horde.

The alliance forces where only trying to track down sylvie. They gave the refugees food, water, and medical aid. Turulyon tried to get info without torture. The orc wasted his time.

The 2 sides have an armastsnce and are suppose to be sharing info. The info alleria gained through torture combined with info and knowledge gained by flynn and shaw.

All of this gained by ally not horde was the only reason sylvies plan was foiled. Had alleria not forced information talanji, bwansamdi, the entire zandalari kingdom would have been destroyed and their souls sucked into the maw.

It makes no sense that the refugees refused to talk especially after they got free food and water.

The torture alleria did will heal in time. It’s not ideal but she was left with no choice. Every second counted.

No the orc mom had one kid. Whom was taken away before the torture happened. And turulyon tried to get info from her peacefully for 2 hrs before alleria resorted to torture.

The refugees have no reason to protect sylvie or the dark rangers. They should have spoken up right away. Especially when they where half starved to death and the alliance gave them supplies.

Neither side has the forces to jump at yet another pointless war. Talanji just wants to avenge her dad and ignores her internal problems and the fact that rasta could have surrendered. And for some reason the darkspear still want to fight as well.

In ally side the worgen and nelfs refuse to sign jack until sylvies head is on a pike. And will butcher anyone that gets in their way.

Bwon has proven to be literally the best Loa in the gosh darn game, Talanji does not deserve him.

They were also torturing their own Alliance members in that book, it wasn’t just Horde members.

2 Likes

Bwonsamdi is literally one of the only good things that came out of BfA. We also need a Toy for him so when we die regardless of zone he is there to great us just like Brynja’s Beacon.

1 Like

The only thing Jaina did wrong was spare Orgrimmar.

Bwonsamedi is one of my favorite characters right now.

Yep, which makes them even more evil.

Torture was only done because people refused to talk peacefully. And that information foiled sylvies plans.

The ends justified the means. A few people tortured that will recover saved thousand of lives.

The ends justified the means doesn’t make it any better. Sylvannas could say “the ends justified the means” after burning down teldrassil. She could even try to redeem herself by saying that in Shadowlands, still evil though.

Also, Jaina still got the last valuable piece of information by being nice, which shouldn’t be looked over.

1 Like

True but the facts remain that the alliance information gathering is the only reason why sylvie was stopped and talanji, bwansamdi, and the zandalari trolls survived.

Horde gathered no intelligence and constantly made by awful decisions.

1 Like

She has two children. The little boy who charged Turalyon at first plus a baby. It was the baby that the forsaken was holding. I’m aware that Turalyon was playing the good cop and tried at first, but that doesn’t make it any less mind boggling to me that he decided to chain down the woman with holy light while she was tortured by Alleria. In front of the forsaken who held her child as he was pleading for them to stop. Harming civilians is really not okay for any reason.

Or that the son of the other family had to watch his father be tortured.

He’s a trickster spirit of death. It’s his nature to make deals, he doesn’t have the same sort of free will that us mortals have. He is literally killing himself slowly to keep all the troll souls out of the Maw. I’d say that is good.

If we are going to use the D&D alignment chart, I’d go so far as to say he is lawful good. He does good to the letter of the law of his nature as a trickster and the deals he makes. Deals that aren’t really made to benefit him, but are used as a way to teach a lesson or to trick the person to do the right thing.

Like the deal he makes with the Horde characters. He wants a thousand souls. In the middle of Nazmir where there are no end if Blood Trolls. He’s doing it to get you to kill off the Blood Trolls which are a big problem and a threat to the world and if he is saving the Blood Troll souls as well, making Ardenweild stronger instead of the Maw. Which is another good thing we didn’t even know about.

Its morally awful sure. But had they not done it sylvies plot to kill bwansamdi would have succeeded. Resulting in thousands of deaths.

Had the people just answered turulyon then the torture wouldn’t have happened.

I never said it wasn’t effective, because it clearly was, but I still don’t understand why Turalyon thought this was a good idea. Turning a blind eye, or rather joining in, just seems so out of character for him. All that aside, I’m glad Roux is opening up for a more gritty and morally questionable Alliance. It has felt very one-sided for a very long time.

The Alliance is a faction that one can be proud to fly their banner. Being proud of Horde is saying you’re proud to be a villain.

1 Like