Shadowlands worse than BFA?

This expansion had a promising start, but once we hit end game, yeah…

Anyone else feeling this way?

8 Likes

Bring on the Dark Portal. War Mode has killed ED as we know it.

8 Likes

Eh, im not willing to blame Warmode. I came from a PVE realm originally, and we had more WPVP on there back in the day, than now… WPVP just isnt something people do anymore.

Game is mostly catered to, and full of, solo players. Who log on, do their dailies, grind their crap, and log out. Not really a lot of just hanging out (that led to being attacked), or poking places to stir stuff up anymore.

Like man, I spent hours just sitting around Crossroads from Cata-Legion because people ALWAYS attacked there, hang out for a few mins, and someone was bound to come through and attack. And they attacked because they knew we were there. It died in Legion.

Think that era is just gone.

While the zones in Shadowlands are a delightful blend if various high-fantasy themes, their isolation really leaves something to be desired - for me. It makes most of the content feel “instanced” in a way that not even the three zone islands of BfA felt like. Moving between the zones feels more of a hassle, but I’m willing to entertain that it could be my own quirk.

I guess they’re trying to embrace a concept that Death is a lonely, disparate place.

3 Likes

You’re def right. The world quests are NOT worth venturing out for. I rarely leave my covenant zone, if I go out at all.

The time it takes to travel anywhere else is too long to just go off exploring on a whim.

1 Like

WPvP in Shadowlands is garbage compared to prior expansions. I can’t really make an argument to the reason, it just is.

From camping the Maw, raid entrances to sitting in quest hubs, and ffa pvp towers Shadowlands has failed to reproduce the wpvp that our guild loves. The organic spontaneous battles that was a regular occurrence even in BfA.

Can’t comment on pve or rated pvp cuz proud wpvp scrub who only likes to gank.

6 Likes

I don’t know if I haven’t look at the right places but have yet to see consistent wpvp anywhere. Legion and bfa had decent open world pvp questing ( towers, murlocs, cta, supply boxes, assault, etc) which caused some fun back to back battles… Really miss those

I also miss the Rp campaigns , which have been inexistent for a long time…

Wow feels more than never like a lobby game, where you just stay in q outside, doing nothing relevant, waiting to do instanced stuff

4 Likes

Hoping the new zone in the next patch brings some wpvp. Stigia was a horrible design. Should have made it so you get to take people’s conquest points when you kill them. Have a cap on how many you can take and keep it around the amount of conquest u get in a epic bg.

That and CTA, gone are the days of people doing anything in game cause it’s fun everything needs a reward these days to inspire people to play the content. It is what it is

1 Like

The “pvp” quests are a joke. The rewards for them are not worth travelling to go after. They are like what, 50 honor?

WPVP usually happened because people were out doing stuff, and other people jumped them, and it just grew from there. If theres nothing to go out for, and fight over, people just stay in the hub cities and queue up… Which is what WoW is atm.

Need Call to Arms back, and need rewarding reasons to go out.

And tbh, they should increase rewards for having Warmode on, if they want to force that system on us, they can at least make it where you’re gimping yourself if you’re not using it. (i know the pvers will complain about that, but until we get dedicated PVP realms back, yehhhh.)

1 Like

Well I can confidently say I played more BFA than SL which is quite sad as I only played half or less of BFA.

Not just warmode but the things that came with it too. Entire raids of lfg off realmers just looking for cheap rewards before they turn it back off? Pretty unfun. Like in wod it was at least locals that had to put some effort in to make annoying raids. Then you could camp their guilds in revenge for doing it.

Seriously warmode/phasing/crossrealm has slowly chipped away at it to the point wpvp is a joke now. Bleh…

1 Like

This is the best expansion ever…go home you’re drunk!

1 Like

Theres no area that generates a place to fight really. One city and 4 covenant halls which we cant fight in, no city to attack when bored thats current. Pvp quests give little to nothing, no cta, no one wants to be in the maw much less there with pvp on. We def need the new zone to have some pvp incentives or else ally will continue to have warmode off through most of the expac. And before any of you start saying “im out in warmode all the time”, you arent, or if you are, not on one of the X number of shards. Also, its the launch patch of the expac, you cant compare that to the whole of bfa yet.

3 Likes

I think this guy is right

We can easily critique shadowlands, and it is a piece of trash obviously, but what I’ve come to realize is war mode killed ED plain and simple. For over a decade ED was fueled by the tears of angry nerds, and Blizz took that away with war mode, then consequently ED lost everything that made it great… now it’s a husk of an “rp server” lol

7 Likes

Very much feel this way. In TBC waiting room.

1 Like

Exactly. War Mode killed ED. Sharding was a wound but War Mode was a killing blow. ED will never recover without its removal. However, there is a solution and I AM prepared. #TBC

3 Likes

Yeah yeah, just like Vanilla was the saving grace when that came out.

Im sure yall will have fun, but its never going to be what it was.

Yeah TBC looking real good

2 Likes

You made a thread rightly calling out Shadowlands for being unfun. Everybody responding to your thread says SL sucks but we’re excited for TBC. You respond by saying TBC will never be “what it was”. What am I missing? Vanilla wasn’t perfect, but it was 100x better than BFA. Why make a thread calling out SL for being boring if you’re just going to make snarky comments about people who agree with you?

2 Likes

reject modernity

return to classic

3 Likes

We can make Grob TBC similar to the ED of old. I will be there to do my part. Retail is dead to me.

1 Like