Shadowlands: Voidform/Insanity Staying

This I like.

1 Like

Id rather have SWD have a chance to Proc a free VB/MB automatically based on crit for SWD. Or reduces the CD of MB.

Umm…Arcane begs to differ. That is a neglected spec if I’ve ever seen one. Not as bad as feral tho…

Thanks to the people in here for more information regarding VF etc. I have a clearer understanding now. I still don’t want to just revert back to a WoD style system but I now agree things need to be changed.

1 Like

Yall need to go raid the official alpha priest feedback forum and like Trinko’s post. He fired his shot now we need to see it through please.
LETS’ GO!!!
#removevoidform

9 Likes

Regarding Void Form being tweaked into a much forgiving iteration.
I edited my play style ideas here to include a version of Void Form that could work.

tldr

Your Void Form has a constant duration based on your actions aka buttons you pressed. Not an ever increasing struggle to do more and more and more in less and less time madness.

I’d think the Borrowed Power point needs a little bit more behind it.

While Chorus is the biggest part of it - there is a lot more to it currently:

• Chorus gives you a crit average >50%. This massively affects the value of Asp. Spirits.
  • Whispers of the Damned, together with Chorus, will give huge amounts of Insanity. You will very likely get a crit MB outside of Voidform, that crit MB alone will net you 35 Insanity to your next Voidform.
  • The haste essences and azerite traits add 10+% to your baseline haste.
  • Lucid Dreams returns quite a bit of insanity, extending Voidform.
  • Lucid Major is practically the only real active button to signficiantly extend a single Voidform…

Chorus itself is bad. But all the other powers aren’t far behind it.

If seen a few people argue that shadow works right now and all it takes to make it work in Shadowlands is to make all the borrowed powers baseline… yeah, look at the list. It’s massive, and then there are the 3 talents that should be baseline, to make actually free up choices…

If you have to overload the baseline spec with such a huge list of additional effects to make it work, then there is a more fundamental problem. Making a long list of passive effects baseline doesn’t seem like a good solution at all.

5 Likes

that’s exactly what I been saying. its so short that once you enter it all you can do is stand still and bash void bolt to keep it otherwise you lose it and have to start all over.

I see what your saying. So what do you suggest?

guys please check my suggestion and give me some feedback. I’m suggesting to combine both shadow orbs and Voidform.
COMBINING VOIDFORM + SHADOW ORBS
Thanks, I appreciate the all feedback.

1 Like

If you have to overload the baseline spec with such a huge list of additional effects to make it work, then there is a more fundamental problem. Making a long list of passive effects baseline doesn’t seem like a good solution at all.

Also worth pointing out, that even if you do all of this - including baselining SW: Void, Lingering Insanity, and Auspicious Spirits - all you’ve actually accomplished is recreated BFA Shadow in Shadowlands.

BFA Shadow isn’t a good state either - we would still be bad at world stuff, bad at Torghast, bad at Mythic+, and average in raids.

6 Likes

I went back and read in detail the class chnages for Shadow priest and I’m astonished that this is what we get when blizz themselves admitted that voidform is problematic. We basically got nerfed here’s how :
1)voidbolt rank 2 means we can’t stutter step so there goes our bare nearly nonexsisting mobility and 2sec of reacting to mechanics.

1. they gave us an absolutely gutted useless version of SW:D that is only viable if you talent into it and even if you do so it’s still trash. Oh, and its 1 charge on a 25sec CD

Am i the only one who is seeing this. how are the community not popping off (possibly cause they’re trying to figure out what class to reroll)

4 Likes

Every Spriest review off Alpha is that it’s just as bad as the forums claim.

The only reason there isn’t wider spread anger is that we’re not into Open Beta yet, let alone live.

3 Likes

I understand it’s just Blizz said at Blizzcon there will be no major class changes and I’m getting BFA flashbacks. however I recognize that with the pandemic things are slower so we just gonna have to wait for the next Alpha patch. I just wish they would say something about it rather then just leaving us hanging.

3 Likes

I Main’d a spriest in The first half of Legion, I think void form was awesome. I didn’t start playing a spriest until cata with the orbs, and I thought it was cool as well.
Void form is now starting to show its problems more than ever, without having Artifacts or Azerite the spec feels awe full to play, and aesthetically, I feel more like a N’Zoth priest and not a Shadow priest. Devouring plague would feel so great to have back, along with not having to ramp up. Shadow weaving was awesome, helping out our Lock buddies or DK buddies to prop up their numbers as well as ours.

4 Likes

There aren’t going to be any major changes. We’ve been through this before many times. What shadow looks like in alpha is basically what we’re going to get at launch. Void form isn’t going anywhere until at least the next expansion.

1 Like

Don’t say this Linjea you gonna break my heart.

2 Likes

are you guys familiar with WoD Demo lock mechanics I think it might be the key to both fixing void form and giving us back shadow orbs/Devouring plague playstyle. Check this out.

This sounds legit and fun. what do you guys think?

EDIT: I went undercover and asked a couple of questions that lead to this in the Warlock forums. Can you tell how desperate I am?

4 Likes

Then all shadow priests honestly need to stop playing the spec entirely. As long as they keep playing Shadow, Blizz will continue to justify Voidform.

6 Likes

The moment I tried out my Priest on Legion beta convinced me to do just that. nearly 1/3 of my wow gaming experience has been put on pause since.
Demon hunter was fun though in Legion. But I didn’t like the changes to both classes in BFA. Now they both look underwhelming again in SL Alpha. Hope one becomes fun to play again else another 2 years of BFA for me aka not playing.

2 Likes