Shadowlands: Voidform/Insanity Staying

Well there goes any hope of Shadow being a real spec again. And our featured “new talent” only works when targets die from your execute.

lol. Can’t wait for dps to plummet even further once azerite traits are disabled, the literal crutch keeping Shadow above healer dps.

87 Likes

#removevoidform

113 Likes

#removevoidform

105 Likes

It’s not looking good, but I would still say wait for an actual build to see if there are any changes that weren’t/couldn’t be mentioned in that quick overview. I’m not optimistic, but maybe there’ll be something.

The only thing they can do w/ it is turn it into Maelstrom (which, conveniently, is being removed from Shaman entirely because it sucked), and that fixes nothing.

Voidform is awesome, Im glad theyre keeping it

21 Likes

I guess offering talents for different play styles is too much to ask. :frowning:

#smallindiecompany

20 Likes

I too enjoy voidform.

6 Likes

please get rid of insanity and void form.

89 Likes

Oh look, they’re still trying to make surrender to madness work, third times the charm.

44 Likes

Really only thing I can say is if you guys don’t want voidform make it known to blizzard as soon as possible.

16 Likes

We have been since 7.0. It continues to fall on deaf ears.

51 Likes

Seemingly any BfA feedback about Voidform/Insanity went down the drain…

36 Likes

Doesn’t mean you should give up now /shrug.

This is the time to be as obnoxious, for lack of better words, as possible. Tweet at them, flood the forums, take a poll and send it to blizz

3 Likes

So for the people who do enjoy VF, can I ask why? I’m not trying to be dismissive or anything, I am genuinely curious.

I’ve got a thorough breakdown of what I think Shadow’s flaws/failings are here, but for a quick breakdown:

The spec as it is is locked into a long, rigid cycle with little opportunity for decision making on our part. You enter VF as fast as you can, hit basically every button as it comes off CD, and hope you aren’t targeted by mechanics that would force you to move too much for upwards of a minute. It can be fun if you get a series of really good VFs, and are just drowning in haste, but that’s such a rare occurrence in raids, not even getting into 5-mans and solo content.

11 Likes

Reroll Mage at this point. You’ll be a happier person. That’s what I found. Blizzard should enable a one time Class Change for Priests who had their class deleted and replaced, but they won’t.

18 Likes

God voidform is terrible and i’m so underwhelmed with any of our changes. Obviously there’s going to be more but so far it’s not looking good.

This version of voidform doesn’t have a new twist. This is what is was originally but people hated it so much it was changed.

31 Likes

I don’t ‘enjoy’ voidform as I don’t play Shadow.

That doesn’t change the fact that kneejerk reactions and hyperbole do nothing to give Blizzard constructive criticism/feedback.

There is not a single spec in this game that has to be fundamentally changed in order to be balanced with respect to the upcoming expansion. Just because you (General ‘you’, not specifically) don’t like the voidform mechanic, doesn’t mean that it needs to be changed at its core.

Shadow Priests current voidform design can be made better through granular balancing decisions. Literally no one has been able to test the class yet, so all anyone has to go on at this point is pure speculation and theorycrafting, none of which can reliably or accurately be a measurement of balance.

If you (again, general) want to make hyperbole or doomsday-speak for the sake of appealing to an echo chamber that continuously pushes a singular narrative, by all means, but don’t pretend like what you have to say is constructive under the guise of ‘feedback’.

5 Likes

Chris Kaleiki said on twitter that he’s looking for feedback on class changes, especially priests. Considering that he’s only responding to inquiries about s2m and ignoring posts asking for orbs/devouring plague back, I wouldn’t get my hopes up about feedback.

https://twitter.com/ckaleiki/status/1247589219926601728

11 Likes

No word on Voidform hurts. But that doesn’t mean Voidform is gonna stay same…

…right? RIGHT?

:pleading_face:

3 Likes